Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Ok guys, I know you're probably sick of fantasy draft advice, but I have the draft of my most expensive, hence most profitable FF league tonight. Here are the details. 12 man league, 2 PPR, kinda unusual lineup:
QB:
RB:
RB:
WR:
WR:
WR:
W/TE:
W/T:
W/R:
K:
DEF:

So as you see, a lot of spots for receivers. It's no secret that the WR position in fantasy is STACKED this year and with the top rated running backs in the past being so shaky, I try to go QB first round. Usually only take ARod, TB, or Brees in the first round. If they aren't there I look for the best availiable player no matter what position.
Now assume I got my QB first round. I then hope for the QB's top targets like Gronk, Welker, or Graham depending my QB. Don't think I'd take Jennings but i wouldn't hate it either. Then I start grabbing my RBs and load up on mid round receivers. What do you guys think about this strategy? Do you have any ideas? I'll know the draft position later today and I'll post it. Remember, it's 2 PPR so catches are the key things.


ok, draft is in 25 mins and i have the 5th pick. I'm going QB, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, in that order. I don't see Rodgers dropping to 5 so I will go Gronk or Graham in the next round. Then I need help. I'll keep you guys updated if you wanna help.
I like Ray Rice. I think he's going to have a monster year
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3572
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so my team ended up like this....it's 2 ppr so I went heavy WR

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Amad Bradshaw
RB: DeAngelo Williams
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Antonio Gates
W/T: Santiano Holmes
W/R: Pierre Thomas
K: Rob Bironas
DEF: Kansas City

Bench:
Mark Ingram ( I like having him and Thomas in case of injury)
Santana Moss
Jared Cook
Josh Freeman
Ronnie Hillman
Brian Quick
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5473
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to give my Nats tickets away for tonight, anybody who wants them can have them. Game starts at 7:05. Printed the tickets off StubHub, I'm sure I can fax them too whomever wants them.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 14951
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Trying to give my Nats tickets away for tonight, anybody who wants them can have them. Game starts at 7:05. Printed the tickets off StubHub, I'm sure I can fax them too whomever wants them.


Probably should've said that more than 3 hours in advance, buddy. Laughing
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
London Fletcher: 16 GP, 111 tackles, 2 sacks
Pierre Garçon: 16 GP, 113 catches, 1346 yards, 5 TDs
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5473
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Trying to give my Nats tickets away for tonight, anybody who wants them can have them. Game starts at 7:05. Printed the tickets off StubHub, I'm sure I can fax them too whomever wants them.


Probably should've said that more than 3 hours in advance, buddy. Laughing


I didn't know I wasn't going until then lol.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11397
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Kluwe is awesome...that is all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82934
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, just did a write-up on the Skins, check it out:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14570773#14570773
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe their shutting Strasburg down, worst decision in dc sports history. (yes, even worse than Cerrato and Haynesworth) IMO he is as good as gone when he's up to be a FA if we make a deep postseason run. An agent should never be telling ateam/GM how to run their team.

Ive never been a fan of Boris, and I'm certainly not now.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11397
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I still can't believe their shutting Strasburg down, worst decision in dc sports history. (yes, even worse than Cerrato and Haynesworth) IMO he is as good as gone when he's up to be a FA if we make a deep postseason run. An agent should never be telling ateam/GM how to run their team.

Ive never been a fan of Boris, and I'm certainly not now.


C'mon....are you serious?

Same as limiting the carries of a runningback, this is a necessity to ensure that a phenomenal young pitcher can have a long career, particularly considering he has already had surgery on his elbow.

This is a no-brainer, and has been expected since before the season began.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5473
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I still can't believe their shutting Strasburg down, worst decision in dc sports history. (yes, even worse than Cerrato and Haynesworth) IMO he is as good as gone when he's up to be a FA if we make a deep postseason run. An agent should never be telling ateam/GM how to run their team.

Ive never been a fan of Boris, and I'm certainly not now.


You can't honestly believe this? He needs to be on an innings limit, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to risk his long-term health for a run to the World Series when this team is built for the long haul. He won't leave cause they shut him down and if he does, good riddance. All you have to do is look at guys like Mark Prior and Kerry Wood, they were completely ruined because Dusty Baker wanted a World Series ring. The Nationals are protecting there future by making this move. I commend Rizzo on making a tough move. And Boris had nothing to do with this decision, they made the exact same innings limit for Zimm and everyone already knew they were going to do the same thing with Strasburg, this is not something that simply popped up out of nowhere, this was the plan all along.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
hey guys, just did a write-up on the Skins, check it out:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14570773#14570773
Great work on the write up as always jc8232
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't write it if I didn't believe it. I think it's a mistake and it's obvious from interviews he's not happy with the team about it
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11397
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I wouldn't write it if I didn't believe it. I think it's a mistake and it's obvious from interviews he's not happy with the team about it


Great athletes have to be great competitors, what do you expect him to say?

It would be a colossal mistake to risk long-term injury when the Nationals are a young team that will not win this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I wouldn't write it if I didn't believe it. I think it's a mistake and it's obvious from interviews he's not happy with the team about it


Great athletes have to be great competitors, what do you expect him to say?

It would be a colossal mistake to risk long-term injury when the Nationals are a young team that will not win this year.
True, but they may never be in this position again. The future is never guaranteed.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 23007
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I wouldn't write it if I didn't believe it. I think it's a mistake and it's obvious from interviews he's not happy with the team about it


Great athletes have to be great competitors, what do you expect him to say?

It would be a colossal mistake to risk long-term injury when the Nationals are a young team that will not win this year.
True, but they may never be in this position again. The future is never guaranteed.


Sure, the Mayans could come destroy the world in December too, but when you have a core like Zimmerman, Gio, Stras, Bryce, ZNN, Desmond, and Werth under team control for multiple years you have to figure you're going to be a relevant playoff team for a while. It's the safe play and I respect it.
_________________


Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 60 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group