Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in KY so I'll be scouting whoever UK plays. So far, RG Larry Warford stands out.

Honors:
- All-SEC second team by SEC coaches, AP, Phil Steele's College Football (2011)
- Sophomore All-America second team by CollegeFootballNews.com (2010)
- All-SEC second team by SEC coaches, AP, Rivals.com, Phil Steele's College Football (2010)
- SEC All-Freshman Team by SEC coaches (2009)

6'3" 343 LBS, 3 year starter

Has the potential to be one of the top linemen in the SEC, if not the nation, if he continues to progress ... Has received some preseason All-America notice ... Has earned second-team All-SEC honors the last two seasons ... Has notable speed and quickness for a player his size ... Quickness, combined with power, has enabled him to lead the team in knockdown blocks the last two seasons ... Has played in 35 games, starting 25 in a row ... Had an educational/service trip to Ethiopia in May ... Cousin of former UK cornerback Paul Warford.

2011 (Junior): Received second-team All-SEC honors from multiple selectors ... Started every game for the second season in a row ... Led the team in knockdown blocks with 34 ... Graded at 87.5 percent for the season and allowed only one sack ... Was on the watch lists for the Outland Trophy and the Lombardi Award as the nation's best lineman.

2010 (Sophomore): Received second-team All-SEC honors from multiple selectors ... Started every game ... Led the team in knockdown blocks with 43 ... Outstanding block down the field on a screen pass vs. USC allowed Donald Russell to run into the redzone and set up a UK touchdown ... Had an incredible block vs. Akron that allowed Raymond Sanders to score untouched ... A key part of the UK offensive line that ranked second in the SEC in fewest sacks allowed.

2009 (Freshman): Member of the SEC All-Freshman Team as chosen by the league coaches ... Played in 10 games, mostly as a reserve at right guard.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Props Jamison.
Quinton Coples
1 TKL
Melvin Ingram
1 TKL, 1 FF
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
It sucks what happened to Brandon Jenkins. I expect his name to rise again during combine time if healthy.

Quote:
BREAKING: Star FSU DE Brandon Jenkins will miss the rest of 2012 season due to a left foot injury: http://cbsprt.co/TfmQQJ

Which DE do you think should take his place in the top 5 for now?

Jackson Jeffcoat
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, Chris Faulk is hurt. I wonder if he will fall to a 3rd or 4th round pick next year.

Quote:
LSU head coach Les Miles informed the media that his star left tackle Chris Faulk was injured during Wednesday's practice in preparation for Saturday's game against the Washington Huskies.

According to a report this evening from LSU beat writer Randy Rosetta of The Times-Picayune, the 6-5, 323 pound junior rated by NFLDraftScout.com as the No. 24 overall prospect in the country, suffered a significant knee injury which could cause him to miss the rest of the 2012 season.

Rosetta cites three anonymous sources in his report but LSU hasn't confirmed the severity of Faulk's injury. Miles seemed to indicate that the injury could potentially be serious yesterday, however, by beginning the press conference with the announcement that "We've had a little bit of bad news."

During his Wednesday press conference, Miles indicated that three players -- current starting left guard La'el Collins, current starting right tackle Alex Hurst and backup guard Josh Dworaczyk could all see time at left tackle in an attempt to fill Faulk's massive shoes. Dworaczak, a sixth year player who himself is coming off a knee injury that caused him to miss all of last season, is LSU's most talented offensive lineman, having started 26 games and appearing in 38 contests over his career. All of his playing time, however, has come at guard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeVeon bell for Heisman
Revis4president

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEJ5cTI4CE
kbraun7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think we could/should go WR in round one if Howard steps up and plays well at RT?
green24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbraun7 wrote:
Anyone think we could/should go WR in round one if Howard steps up and plays well at RT?

No. We should go for an OLB.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get a solid pass rush OLB in the first round and bring back landry, i think this defense could be unbelievable. Because honestly i think thats the only position we are weak at. Josh Bush i think will be able to take over for bell if he doesnt return for one more. Either way, this team has a high ceiling for this year and next year. After that we have some major contracts to work out.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
kbraun7 wrote:

No. We should go for an OLB.

I agree, that appears to be our biggest weakness and both our starters are old. At this time, the only reason I wouldn't go for an OLB in the first is if Sanchez fails and we need a qb
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know all our players won't develop 100% how we envision them but next year we could be a true pass rushing stud OLB away from a historic defense.

Landry would have to come back, Bush and Allen would have to grow, DeMario Davis would have to grow, Ellis and Coples would have to show consistency. Pace, Scott, Thomas, all older guys would be gone and younger, presumably more athletic guys would be brought in. I assume DeVito would be gone too Sad but let's pretend not.

Wilk/Dixon-Ellis/Pouha-Coples/DeVito
MacIntyre/Maybin-Davis-Harris-1st rounder/vet
Revis-Landry-Bush/Allen-Cro-Wilson

We have a nice crop of role players and young guys.

Only problem is the offense is pretty bad. But we can get a RT/RG in the 2nd round. I haven't looked at FA to see what holes we can hit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I know all our players won't develop 100% how we envision them but next year we could be a true pass rushing stud OLB away from a historic defense.

Landry would have to come back, Bush and Allen would have to grow, DeMario Davis would have to grow, Ellis and Coples would have to show consistency. Pace, Scott, Thomas, all older guys would be gone and younger, presumably more athletic guys would be brought in. I assume DeVito would be gone too Sad but let's pretend not.

Wilk/Dixon-Ellis/Pouha-Coples/DeVito
MacIntyre/Maybin-Davis-Harris-1st rounder/vet
Revis-Landry-Bush/Allen-Cro-Wilson

We have a nice crop of role players and young guys.

Only problem is the offense is pretty bad. But we can get a RT/RG in the 2nd round. I haven't looked at FA to see what holes we can hit.

Barkevious Mingo could make it one of the greatest ever. I wouldn't mind double dipping on OLBs.
kbraun7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need an RB but im not a fan of any of the RBs this year i think its best we go OLB then BPA from G/WR/RT/S
Davey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Barkevious Mingo could make it one of the greatest ever. I wouldn't mind double dipping on OLBs.

We may have to frankly, it's probable that both Thomas and Pace aren't on the team next season and Aaron Maybin is a situational rusher if we choose to bring him back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't already have Tebow, I would say to draft Denard Robinson. Still wouldn't mind him in the 4th.
kbraun7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Eifert for ND and this guy is a beast looks in the mold of Gronk would love him in the 2nd round

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: