Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins should trade Kirk Cousins now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the redskins trade cousins now?
Yes
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=446004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Here you go turtle. I forgot the link.

And Im not calling Jenkins a bad player or anything. Im just saying like you said. All those quality OLmen that we so badly needed.
I like Jenkins myself. I just question the timing with the OL having been the way it is since Shan arrived.

Ok, Why did you not quote my entire post earlier? JW, you cut out the part about me liking the pick, saying he's the classic 3-4 DE and he will surprise people just to make your point. This is exactly why I wanted you to post the link. I know what I said and how I felt about the draft pick. Anyone can cut and paste a quote in order to take what someone said out of context to prove the point they want to be proven, which is clearly what you did here.

turtle28 wrote:
He's going to surprise people. He's a classic 3-4 DE. It was a little too high but it's a good selection. I'm upset we traded back twice and missed all these interior OL. Not happy about that at all.
You totally left out those first 13 words and that totally changed the context of my entire post. You cut and pasted my post. You even went out of your way to do that.

For the record: What I am saying in this post is, I like the pick of Jarvis Jenkins. I did think it was a few picks too high like a half a round or so. I did think Jenkins was a good player who got overshadowed by Bowers. I always felt, heard and saw Jenkins hold up Offensive lineman when watching Clemson, which allowed Bowers to be free to go after the qb. This is the exact role he would be doing and is doing as a washington redskin in the 3-4 D. The main job of the 3-4 DE is to occupy blockers to free up the line backers to make plays pass rushing and in the run game.

For the record: I thought we could have gotten Jenkins with our second 2nd round pick which we had gotten in the trade down originally #49. That's why I said we took him a little too high. I thought we should have taken one of the interior lineman like Wisnewski and then we could have came back and taken Jenkins in the middle part of round 2.

That was my position on April 29, 2011 at 8:42 pm.

Sorry to bring that up again, but just to clear my name and that I'm not misremembering.

Wink

In the end everything worked out fine because Hankerson fell into our laps in round 3 and by trading down a few more times we got players that we wouldn't have been able to select in later rounds and they are contributors to this team and I love them all. (no homo) Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took out all I needed to turtle. There is no flipping, spinning or anything else to it.

The fact stands. How is it lucky to draft a backup when we passed on a few guys we could of really used to start on the OL.
Im not saying hes a bad player, Im not saying you said he is a bad player. Im just implying on how do you call getting a backup on D "Lucky" when it was the OL that was starving so bad for talent.

Nothing to get offended about. I just dont call that lucky myself. Not that I dont like Jenks. Cause hes grown to be a guy I really cheer.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
The Washington Redskins should trade turtle28 to the cleveland Browns forum for a poster to be named later Twisted Evil Wink Laughing

Incredibly uncool. You may disagree with his comments, but focus on the notes not on the poster.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... I had to deal with some yardwork so I didn't see all of the stuff after the first point I made.

I'm very saddened by the way we treated each other here.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: