Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new cb addition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:
For a camp cut FA signing, the guy just oozes that dirty french word.

Potenital.

Most likely gone as soon as the regulars are healthy, but it's not a bad roll of the dice.

I liked the other Raider cut, Chekwa, just as much or more coming out. Seem like talented cuts early on in their careers. McKenzie is certainly putting his stamp on that roster.

I'll have to look that word up, Treat. I like dirty French words. Almost looks like the english word we use for guys like this, "potential". Razz

Sorry Treat, couldn't resist...you just set that up so nicely!!

Anyway, yes, he has potential. Just put him on guys like Torrey Smith and A.J. Jenkins...at least he'll be able to keep up w/ them. Can't be worse than a CB that's 5 yds behind them because he can't keep up, right?

LOL. Missed that. Friggin spell check anyways.

Regardless, Ward, you are officially the only one who has any sense at all in regards to team rankings in our FFMD league.

I like ya. I'll let this one slide.

So just because people dont buy into hype as quick as you, that means they have no sense?

Completely ridiculous.

No need to insult the other GMs just because they didnt put your team on the same pedestal you do.

Theyre just power rankings...my god. I even said in the other thread you would have bragging rights if everything did pan out.

I really didnt expect a comment like that coming from you.

Dude....seriously? Come on.

I'm was just playin....it wasn't meant as an insult....to anyone...at all....obviously.

You are a stud poster, but damn man....you get an itchy trigger finger some times.

You know by now I'm not going to be insulting or immature to quality posters like Ward or the other GM's in our FFMD exercise....should know anyways.

If that original comment read wrong I guess I apologize...but it was pretty clearly not serious.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Potenital.

Most likely gone as soon as the regulars are healthy, but it's not a bad roll of the dice.

I liked the other Raider cut, Chekwa, just as much or more coming out. Seem like talented cuts early on in their careers. McKenzie is certainly putting his stamp on that roster.

I'll have to look that word up, Treat. I like dirty French words. Almost looks like the english word we use for guys like this, "potential". Razz

Anyway, yes, he has potential. Just put him on guys like Torrey Smith and A.J. Jenkins...at least he'll be able to keep up w/ them. Can't be worse than a CB that's 5 yds behind them because he can't keep up, right?

Regardless, Ward, you are officially the only one who has any sense at all in regards to team rankings in our FFMD league.

So just because people dont buy into hype as quick as you, that means they have no sense?

Completely ridiculous.

No need to insult the other GMs just because they didnt put your team on the same pedestal you do.

Theyre just power rankings...my god. I even said in the other thread you would have bragging rights if everything did pan out.

I'm was just playin....it wasn't meant as an insult....to anyone...at all....obviously.

You are a stud poster, but damn man....you get an itchy trigger finger some times.

You know by now I'm not going to be insulting or immature to quality posters like Ward or the other GM's in our FFMD exercise....should know anyways.

If that original comment read wrong I guess I apologize...but it was pretty clearly not serious.

Agree. Just took what Treat said as a "continuance" of my lame attempt at humor...I seriously doubt he was seriously calling out any of the SFFMD GMs for not voting his team higher.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Potenital.

Completely ridiculous.

You know what treat...in some cases, you are right, I may have an "itchy trigger finger". I admit as much.

But please explain to me what in the post I quoted made it clear that you were joking?

Quote:

Thats the main part, and looking at the rest of the post, I didnt see anything that pointed towards jest.

I know sarcasm doesnt translate well over the internet, and if you were indeed joking, I apologize and retract my comment, but in this case, it certainly isnt me overreacting, but rather not seeing the sarcasm in the post.

I have an "itchy trigger finger" with posters I dont care for or posters that continuously make silly comments (and most people know who they are).... but you certainly dont fall into either of those categories, which is why I was shocked at that comment.

But again, if you were joking and I didnt see it, so be it. I just dont see a trace of sarcasm in that post, but Ill chalk it up to it not translating well.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His whole post to me 43 seemed to be in a joking and non-serious manner. But man, Im curious, are you into law 43? You can successfully dissect everything that people put into posts. Wink
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
His whole post to me 43 seemed to be in a joking and non-serious manner. But man, Im curious, are you into law 43? You can successfully dissect everything that people put into posts. Wink

If thats truly the case, then like I said, I apologize. I just didnt see it in what I read, and I read it 4 or 5 times before I posted.

Personally, as usual, I think Ward is to blame. He seems to have a way of ruining everything and causing conflict in otherwise peaceful situations.

Someone should ban that..that...hate monger.

Cool
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication is a wonderful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWINtUCshxY

If 43 doesn't go Joe Pesci once in a while something is amiss. It's just understood he's...ya know...delicate like that.

My view: We have a good core group on here. Folks get some slack if they are in that group. It's understood it's all in good fun amongst us.

But, yes, as usual Ward is at the heart of the problem. Pot stirrer that he is. Typical.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

If 43 doesn't go Joe Pesci once in a while something is amiss. It's just understood he's...ya know...delicate like that.

My view: We have a good core group on here. Folks get some slack if they are in that group. It's understood it's all in good fun amongst us.

But, yes, as usual Ward is at the heart of the problem. Pot stirrer that he is. Typical.

I prefer this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pQ6fd6iO_c&feature=related

Cool
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway... back to the point, I discussed this with a friend of mine, he thought his experience with Rod woodson at Oakland may have more to do with this signings than his athleticism. He started for Oakland, and annually they release some good players with either good or bad character but DVD doesn't have any character concern.

I like this signing a lot more than people think. If there's a thing we may lack with our secondary; speed. He's still a PS eligible which helps, a good prospect with unique athleticism, and he has the size. I don't care about the weights that much as long he show he's a willingly tackler, that is sufficient.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

Wai...Wha...Huh? Whadid I do?!?! Angel

All I did was ask about some dirty French word, "Pot-enital"...is that like "G-enital" but the "pot" part is French...like Amsterdam-French? Twisted Evil

Oh nevermind!! Wink

at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

All I did was ask about some dirty French word, "Pot-enital"...is that like "G-enital" but the "pot" part is French...like Amsterdam-French? Twisted Evil

Oh nevermind!! Wink

Wait, what does our CB addition have to do with touching your genitals with weed? You guys are right, Ward starts every fight. Might as well ban him before he goes too far!!
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Anyway... back to the point, I discussed this with a friend of mine, he thought his experience with Rod woodson at Oakland may have more to do with this signings than his athleticism. He started for Oakland, and annually they release some good players with either good or bad character but DVD doesn't have any character concern.

I like this signing a lot more than people think. If there's a thing we may lack with our secondary; speed. He's still a PS eligible which helps, a good prospect with unique athleticism, and he has the size. I don't care about the weights that much as long he show he's a willingly tackler, that is sufficient.

I have to disagree a bit w/ you here...all our DBs have speed AND athleticism. Lewis, Brown and Allen all timed fairly well (4.45-4.5)...especially in the shuttle runs. Ike, while 8 years ago, ran in the 4.2s. And Troy is plenty fast as well. I don't think speed is our problem so much...not anymore.

One thing I noticed when looking at DVD's measurables...he only jumped 33.5" vertical...at 176 lbs, that's pretty low. Not that it measn anything, just kinda weird.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath, though I may have been a bit more "meh" at 1st hearing of it...only fair not to judge until we see how he performs.

I will agree it is very low risk/high-reward...hopefully it does mean something. But I don't look at DVD as a 3rd Rd guy...he was a 4th/5th Rd talent that was overdrafted, so I guess I wouldn't be shocked if nothing really came to fruition w/ this guy.

But hey, if this signing turns out as well as the Woods signing, who was a 4th Rd DT and he stays on the 53, then it was definitely worth it. Not that Woods is "OMG" good, but he must have shown something to stay on the active roster.

Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Oh nevermind!! Wink

Wait, what does our CB addition have to do with touching your genitals with weed? You guys are right, Ward starts every fight. Might as well ban him before he goes too far!!

Hey, you gotta problem there at23!! You wanna step out back and we can resolve this man to man!!

No idea what you all are talking about w/ me starting fights? Sheeshh!!

And another thing...how come my name is associated w/ the word "ban" more than anyone else here!?!? Embarassed

Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys didn’t want to start up a new thread but how is your cap looking for next season? If CB Keenan Lewis preforms well this year will you guys have the space to lock him up or do you think there is a strong chance he hits the open market?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: