Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt-a-Hawk Playoff: Sector 4, Vote for the Semi-Finalist

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who had the best Training camp squad?
Team SoS
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Team JOEJOE
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Team Hawk4ever8
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27256
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Adopt-a-Hawk Playoff: Sector 4, Vote for the Semi-Finalist Reply with quote



It's finally time to select the winner of the Adopt-a-Hawk contest for the 2012 Training Camp!!!! Who else is excited?!?!?!!?!!?!11?!?!

'
Seriously, glad i was able to finally get around to this today. Really bummed that I didn't get to follow through on certain aspects of this competition over the past few weeks (stats and articles updates). It's been a whirlwind in real life as well as hawkville, RW really stole the show on this one. Doesn't mean this is decided quite yet, however. We are still judging this thing top to bottom based on:

1. Improvement and Growth from the start of Training Camp to the finish

-How much better did each player look throughout out each game?

-Were there positive updates from Bing Training camp reports?

-Which players broke out during August?

-Did a player with an outside shot make the roster?


2. Potential on this team going into the Season.

-What do you expect form each player this year?

-Did they increase their role on this team, or allow themselves to get beat out by another player?

-How much is each player going to contribute on gameday, from your point of view?

-Is the player still on the team, or did they fall to the PS or Waiver wire?


3. How much Overall Talent does each Seattle fan's Roster have?

-How many impact players are on each 4 man roster?

-Who has the most talented and gifted group of guys top to bottom?

----------------------------------------------------------

***Rules of Voting***

-Try to remember to judge each category equally for each Participants team. All 3 should weigh heavily into your decision. Just because someone had the most recognizable talent, doesn't mean they had the best training camp group. Also, choosing the premier breakout from camp shouldn't be the final deciding factor either

-I have decided to divide this into 4 "Sectors" (or divisions) for voting. We will be voting for 1 team (based on the criteria above) from each Sector. The the winners from each of the 4 Sectors will participate in a head to head competition that will also be decided by vote. The poster from that "4 team Playoff" who wins both head to head matchup will be this years winner for the Adopt-a-Hawk Challenge and receive a sig to commemorate their accomplishment

-------------------------------------------


Without Further Ado, here are the Contestants and their teams for this Sector:


Team SoS


Richard Sherman

Russell Okung

Jeremy Lane

Braylon Edwards



-------------------------------------------------------------

Team JOEJOE


Bruce Irvin

Golden Tate

Winston Guy

Barrett Ruud



---------------------------------------------------------

Team hawks4ever8


Kam Chancellor

Alan Branch

Marcus Trufant

Byron Maxwell




Review each team, jog your memory, and CAST YOUR VOTES NOW!!!!........Anyone can vote
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for myself and I'm still losing 4-2?, C'mon! SoS stop having your relatives join FF and voting for you.. Very Happy
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11628
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOS has far and away the best team imo
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21300
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew I hate voting for SoS
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10733
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly SoS has this one JOEJOE Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking through every Sector I was going to gloat that I had the only team with all 4 draftees making the final 53 man roster, but of course the very last person shown achieved the same feat. Laughing

The Braylon Edwards pick was big for me. Remember, he wasn't even signed to the team when I made the selection. Some risky pickin'.

Jeremy Lane has looked really solid and is the future Nickel IMO, Okung looked really good outside of a few snaps with Dumervil, and Sherman has only shown more evidence that he's a top 5 corner in this league.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27256
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
After looking through every Sector I was going to gloat that I had the only team with all 4 draftees making the final 53 man roster, but of course the very last person shown achieved the same feat. Laughing

The Braylon Edwards pick was big for me. Remember, he wasn't even signed to the team when I made the selection. Some risky pickin'.

Jeremy Lane has looked really solid and is the future Nickel IMO, Okung looked really good outside of a few snaps with Dumervil, and Sherman has only shown more evidence that he's a top 5 corner in this league.


Confused
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
After looking through every Sector I was going to gloat that I had the only team with all 4 draftees making the final 53 man roster, but of course the very last person shown achieved the same feat. Laughing

The Braylon Edwards pick was big for me. Remember, he wasn't even signed to the team when I made the selection. Some risky pickin'.

Jeremy Lane has looked really solid and is the future Nickel IMO, Okung looked really good outside of a few snaps with Dumervil, and Sherman has only shown more evidence that he's a top 5 corner in this league.


Confused


What?
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27256
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
After looking through every Sector I was going to gloat that I had the only team with all 4 draftees making the final 53 man roster, but of course the very last person shown achieved the same feat. Laughing

The Braylon Edwards pick was big for me. Remember, he wasn't even signed to the team when I made the selection. Some risky pickin'.

Jeremy Lane has looked really solid and is the future Nickel IMO, Okung looked really good outside of a few snaps with Dumervil, and Sherman has only shown more evidence that he's a top 5 corner in this league.


Confused


What?


Let's slow down a little bit. I agree he has that potential down the road, but i think it's disrespectful to other solid/great corners to say that at this point. Maybe i'm misinterpreting meaning or context, but the "MORE evidence" bit really confused me

If i wasn't a seahawks fan, i'd tell you to get D!ck Shermans' first name out of your mouth Laughing
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Let's slow down a little bit. I agree he has that potential down the road, but i think it's disrespectful to other solid/great corners to say that at this point. Maybe i'm misinterpreting meaning or context, but the "MORE evidence" bit really confused me

If i wasn't a seahawks fan, i'd tell you to get D!ck Shermans' first name out of your mouth Laughing


Here's what I mean. He's not a top 5 corner yet because he hasn't done it for long enough, but his play solely based off of 2011 was top 5 in the league. If he keeps playing like that, he continues to add proof that he is a top 5 corner overall.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group