Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modman7777 wrote:
DVD really could blossom in Pittsburgh

Hopefully he shows up. Knowing VHS, he won't be aware he's signed until it's already passed him by.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modman7777 wrote:

Or not

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Hopefully he shows up. Knowing VHS, he won't be aware he's signed until it's already passed him by.

Come on man... Was he really that bad? I see you calling him VHS every chance you get. DVD looked pretty good for a raw prospect in his rookie season, and his metrics weren't bad either. I know he is too skinny and his ball skills were lacking but those are things that can be worked on, Height and Speed can't. DVD showed last year he has NFL talent and it wouldn't suprise me if he develops into a starter.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Come on man... Was he really that bad? I see you calling him VHS every chance you get. DVD looked pretty good for a raw prospect in his rookie season, and his metrics weren't bad either. I know he is too skinny and his ball skills were lacking but those are things that can be worked on, Height and Speed can't. DVD showed last year he has NFL talent and it wouldn't suprise me if he develops into a starter.

Agreed. I'm not sure if he'll develop into a starter, but even a good nickel or depth would have been worth keeping him around. Oh well. At least we cut Francies because it irked me we kept that scrub over DVD. Best of luck to the kid.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine how he will fit in a physical defense like Pitt's.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Agreed. I'm not sure if he'll develop into a starter, but even a good nickel or depth would have been worth keeping him around. Oh well. At least we cut Francies because it irked me we kept that scrub over DVD. Best of luck to the kid.

You want a guy with no ball skills working the NB spot? Really?

You call Francies a scrub but he was clearly a surer tackler than DVD. What did DVD ever show?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Decent in man coverage. That's it. But that was useless because he had no ball skills, awareness, etc. Not physical, bad in zone coverage, poor ST player and worthless tacker in run support.

Yeah, VHS was really that bad IMO. He develops into a starter, I will be shocked. Watching him get worked on the field Walter McFadden style doesn't really inspire much confidence.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

You call Francies a scrub but he was clearly a surer tackler than DVD. What did DVD ever show?

Key word
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Key word

Two things.

1. Our head coach is a db coach if he saw the talent in him to develop into a good corner, wouldn't we have kept him.

2. Our depth sucked and our special team coverage sucked. We don't have the luxury to wait and try to develop guys who at best can be a third corner if he reached his potential. If needed to contribute some where and he couldn't.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Key word

Two things.

1. Our head coach is a db coach if he saw the talent in him to develop into a good corner, wouldn't we have kept him.

2. Our depth sucked and our special team coverage sucked. We don't have the luxury to wait and try to develop guys who at best can be a third corner if he reached his potential. If needed to contribute some where and he couldn't.

Mike Tomlin is a former DB coach too. I think we should have kept DVD on instead of Francies, but now that Francies is gone, it's no big deal. I just like giving players more then a season to progress because I don't think he looked bad last season and apparently he was having a solid camp.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Modman7777 wrote:

Key word

Two things.

Mike Tomlin is a former DB coach too. I think we should have kept DVD on instead of Francies, but now that Francies is gone, it's no big deal. I just like giving players more then a season to progress because I don't think he looked bad last season and apparently he was having a solid camp.

he is 6'1 and runs a sub 4.3. Its a low risk/high reward signing for them. All coaches think they can coach up players until they see for themselves they are worthless. Thats why plenty of bad players get chances. I mean Tomlin has probably senn one game film on DVD before he was sign He is going to be there 5th corner most likely. When they ask him to contribute on special teams and he is horrid at it he wont stick around to long unless he develop some real skills to play the corner position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: