Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dear Rob Ryan w/ Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Dear Rob Ryan w/ Video Reply with quote

[For those of you who remember my Dear Flo letter....]

I am sorry.

I think that sums it up pretty nicely. I was your biggest detractor. I hated when we signed you. I still hate your father. I don't really care for your brother. I called for a pox upon your entire house. I criticized you and blasted you. I said nothing good can come from the House of Ryan. I thought you were the Anti-Cowboy. Dare I say it, I hated you. I blamed you for last season. I blamed you for most of the loses, if I am honest.

So for all that and more, I am sorry.

I committed an error. I placed the sins of the father at the feet of the son. The name Ryan made my blood boil - and in truth it still does. But the taint of his sins is not on you. I absolve you of all my hatred and venom.

I was petty to hang you for having to contend with the likes of Walker and Ball. I won't lie, a small part of me took joy in your failure. And I was jumping for joy when I heard you might leave to be a Head Coach. I said then I wanted a real Defensive Coordinator. I am sorry. I am so sorry. I am a believer.

I know it's only week 1, but this defense played lights out. They had swagger. And dammit if that doesn't emanate from you. We were missing our starting NT, and our Defense didn't seem to notice. Hatcher played like a man possessed for you. And Lee. Wow. Lee has bloomed under your tutelage to - and yes I will say it - an Elite ILB.Carter played well and even Spencer had a fine day. Do I even have to mention Ware and his two sack performance?

The offense put your defense in a bad spot and you held them to a FG. In fact you even said this: http://deadspin.com/5940870/rob-ryan-has-some-words-for-you-and-those-words-are-go-for-it-****face WARNING MATURE CONTENT Hot Damn if I didn't get fired up. I love you wanted them to go for it. I love that you challenged them. You looked right at the opposing coaching staff and challenged them.

Dammit Rob, I am really sorry.

-Under 100 yards Rushing
-Under 200 yards passing. For a top 10 QB?-
-No WR got over 60 yards
-A forced Turnover
-3rd Down Efficiency of only 33% for the Giants

Holy hell!

I see this defense actually tackling. Actually wrapping up. I see a killer instinct to go for the pick. I see us actually going for the strip. I F'N LOVE IT!

Rob, I was wrong. This looks like the DoomsDay Defense reborn. Keep up the fire. Keep up the passion. You can stay a Cowboy as long as you'd like. This is a defense I can be proud of again.

Respectfully,

-Outlaw7

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Cicero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That awkward moment when you read someone's diary and find out some things you didn't want to really know about after reading it?

Feels alot like how I'm feeling right now. Confused

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Wow...I love it. The attitude Ryan has brought to this defense is just...sweet.

^^^Deadpulse
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team as a whole played with more passion and heart than i have seen out of a dallas team in a long time.....its credit to both Ryan and Jason. Also the front office for going and getting some good defensive players.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax. It's 1 game. 1 penalty ridden game. Glad to get a win. Glad to see our D have some continuity, but Ill temper my optimism for awhile.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Relax. It's 1 game. 1 penalty ridden game. Glad to get a win. Glad to see our D have some continuity, but Ill temper my optimism for awhile.

Yes, but it was against division rival, defending Champs and you want us to relax???? Our mistakes were stupid mental mistakes, that can be fixed. It wasn't because of lack of talent, credit to the front office and YES , Jerry Jones for getting some talent over here ( ya I know the O line needs help, they working on it) . This is not last year's D, Ogletree has proven to be capable 3rd WR, Murray made plays. Austin n Dez made plays !!! Let's hope we keep this rolling!!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:

Eih. While that may be true I had a very amusing video to post and I was the biggest critic of Ryan.

In Redball I Trust!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Eih. While that may be true I had a very amusing video to post and I was the biggest critic of Ryan.

Laughing

*Sigh* Another unfair critic of Ryan. Now I would ask why would you be a critic of a DC who did well in his stint with Cleveland after one (lockout shortened) season with Dallas but I don't even want to know the answer. ..

At any rate, I'm excited about this defense and it will only get better with the addition of Ratliff AND Jenkins...

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Laughing

*Sigh* Another unfair critic of Ryan. Now I would ask why would you be a critic of a DC who did well in his stint with Cleveland after one (lockout shortened) season with Dallas but I don't even want to know the answer. ..

At any rate, I'm excited about this defense and it will only get better with the addition of Ratliff AND Jenkins...

[Sigh]

Another poster who just missed the mark and doesn't want answers.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: