Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Steelers Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Steeler Addicts Facebook
The bumble bees will be on display vs the Redskins and Ravens home games this year. Steelers throwback bumble bee uniforms that is.

Man.... TWO home games in them god awful throwbacks???

WHY???

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storms in Maryland knocked over a tree that smashed my car which my mother was driving. Nobody was hurt, but my car is totaled. And if you have any experience with insurance, I'm SOL.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Storms in Maryland knocked over a tree that smashed my car which my mother was driving. Nobody was hurt, but my car is totaled. And if you have any experience with insurance, I'm SOL.

Damn...that really sucks.

Was it a newer car?

Either way, sorry to hear, and all the best in getting that worked out.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

Damn...that really sucks.

Was it a newer car?

Either way, sorry to hear, and all the best in getting that worked out.

2002 Intrepid-cost to repair would be way more than blue book value. Looks like I'll be getting a moped.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbdvpmz4jLM
Tom Brady Tribute
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this qualifies or not for this thread, but let me just say, the last play in last night's game?

KARMA!!!! Laughing

Yep, I'm that petty... (and I ain't talkin' about the Pack losing)...

...but related...

and this DOES have a teensie bit to do with the Steelers, but who'da thunk it--these records, that is:

Pack: 1-2
Pats: 1-2
Steelers: 1-2
Lions: 1-2
Saints: 0-3

plus...

Vikes: 2-1
AZ: 3-0

Happens every year, I know, surprises and such, but the Pack AND Pats 1-2?

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have missed the last two Steelers games. To celebrate my 54th birthday I just got back from an extended solo expedition into an extremely remote area where all the trails are closed down due to massive fires. Some of the toughest cross-country travel of my life, often pulling myself through the terrain via burnt trees and incinerated cliffs. Though I train regularly for being a wilderness machine via Olympic rings and rope climbing, there is really no way to simulate hiking on unstable scree and talus slopes which have been created by recent massive erosion. Fortunately I never took a massive fall, my forward speed was often self-limited to about 1/4 mile an hour in this slippery, steep, carbon-coated chaos. Most days I was slathered with soot and various scratches.

But once I got into the heart of the area, I was exploring up to 400 foot waterfalls, swimming in 11 foot deep pools of frigid water, and daily eating incredibly nutritious berries. Daily qigong next to some extraordinary misty falls, often with rainbows shimmering within. The energy put out to get there was well worth it, I came back with memories that even words, photos and videos will never quite capture. I am still writing in my journal. One of the most challenging and rewarding trips of my life!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
I have missed the last two Steelers games. To celebrate my 54th birthday I just got back from an extended solo expedition into an extremely remote area where all the trails are closed down due to massive fires. Some of the toughest cross-country travel of my life, often pulling myself through the terrain via burnt trees and incinerated cliffs. Though I train regularly for being a wilderness machine via Olympic rings and rope climbing, there is really no way to simulate hiking on unstable scree and talus slopes which have been created by recent massive erosion. Fortunately I never took a massive fall, my forward speed was often self-limited to about 1/4 mile an hour in this slippery, steep, carbon-coated chaos. Most days I was slathered with soot and various scratches.

But once I got into the heart of the area, I was exploring up to 400 foot waterfalls, swimming in 11 foot deep pools of frigid water, and daily eating incredibly nutritious berries. Daily qigong next to some extraordinary misty falls, often with rainbows shimmering within. The energy put out to get there was well worth it, I came back with memories that even words, photos and videos will never quite capture. I am still writing in my journal. One of the most challenging and rewarding trips of my life!

Post some more, sounds awesome.

BTW, are you Les Stroud?

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:

Congrats...sounds awesome!

Much more rewarding than watching anything the Steelers have done this year. Laughing Crying or Very sad
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

BTW, are you Les Stroud?

No, I am few years older than him. I appreciate what he does, that is for sure. My own work incorporates much more of a spiritual and energetic basis from all my training with qigong masters and medicine men, etc. I find the most powerful survival skills actually come from those realms, the physical skills are necessary and have their own power, but they also have severe limitations. I've developed the ability to find edible and medicinal plants in total darkness, via sensing their energies, as just one example. I put my students through all kinds of blind-folded exercises, which tend to really freak out the left -brain logic, ego, fear part each of us has. Even martial artists at first have sometimes panicked when I have them moving through the forest blindfolded, but eventually some start to sense things on a deeper level. When you can hike for many hours in this state, and then set your intent on returning to the day pack you placed on the ground hours ago, and actually arrive at it and Know you are there, then you are getting somewhere!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Congrats...sounds awesome!

Much more rewarding than watching anything the Steelers have done this year. Laughing Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, looking over the board postings since my return, ughh! Hopefully the bye week does the team a lot of good, as did my own "bye weeks."
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

BTW, are you Les Stroud?

No, I am few years older than him. I appreciate what he does, that is for sure. My own work incorporates much more of a spiritual and energetic basis from all my training with qigong masters and medicine men, etc. I find the most powerful survival skills actually come from those realms, the physical skills are necessary and have their own power, but they also have severe limitations. I've developed the ability to find edible and medicinal plants in total darkness, via sensing their energies, as just one example. I put my students through all kinds of blind-folded exercises, which tend to really freak out the left -brain logic, ego, fear part each of us has. Even martial artists at first have sometimes panicked when I have them moving through the forest blindfolded, but eventually some start to sense things on a deeper level. When you can hike for many hours in this state, and then set your intent on returning to the day pack you placed on the ground hours ago, and actually arrive at it and Know you are there, then you are getting somewhere!

...and the award for the FF Steeler's Fan with the most interesting life goes to...

Wow, very cool. I spent a good portion of my younger years in AZ, and going by your name, I assume you are from somehwere near there. Just beautiful country out there. Can't wait to get back! Have "verbal" orders to Nevada next, so REALLY excited about that.

Anyway, great story. Sounds like you had a great time!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Ward4HOF, glad you were able to grow up in such an interesting area, and hope you make it back to your home soon!

I would post an image of my trip, but I don't like storing my photos on the various public servers that one can use for that. If anyone wants a pic of the trip, send me your personal non-board email address. A lady friend just send a pic back to me that she reduced for me, most of my photos tend to be around 3 MB but she took it to under 100K.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the rest of the nation, but where I live in Maryland there is an epidemic of strep throat/ nasty colds going around that is hitting everybody in sight.

SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
I don't know about the rest of the nation, but where I live in Maryland there is an epidemic of strep throat/ nasty colds going around that is hitting everybody in sight.

Thanks for the heads-up, no major influx of that yet here in the SW that I know of, so all of you that are sick, stay away! ;>)

I will make sure that I keep certain items on hand as a contingency for an outbreak.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 97 of 102

Jump to: