Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dominique Franks is Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Dominique Franks is Back Reply with quote

Quote:
The Falcons have announced today that they have signed cornerback Dominique Franks and waived-injured wide receiver Tim Toone

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Falcons-Sign-Franks-Waive-Toone/cbb7ba4c-9a47-4879-a0f5-5bf560ffa41c

Will this mean Douglas is still our starting punt returner?

I like the signing. Franks was always good depth. Had a decent season last year as well.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see them bumping Davis up to replace the ST loss. This could mean that Owens injury might be more severe than we thought.

I say leave Franks at PR. I don't want to give Douglas any more chances to get injured.

XBL GT: L JGOLD L Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have him back, sucks to only have 4 WR though. I was more comfortable having franks at PR. I find it funny that ajc said he was signed because of his PR ability, which frankly he didnt show more than franks.[/code]

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely hope this means we keep Douglas off the field for ST. Now only carryin for WR its even more important to keep him healthy

Shame that Toone got hurt he was lookin promising.

Definitely glad to have Franks back in any capacity, that was a real head scratcher

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 4 WR's is enough. They do have Jackson and Davis on the PS, so I feel comfortable with where we are at.

Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
I think 4 WR's is enough. They do have Jackson and Davis on the PS, so I feel comfortable with where we are at.

I am insanely concerned that we only have 4 wide receivers on the roster. Especially considering the only TE I would want standing out wide is Tony G. What happens if one or even two of those five guys go out in a game? I think we need to activate one of our PS receivers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:

I am insanely concerned that we only have 4 wide receivers on the roster. Especially considering the only TE I would want standing out wide is Tony G. What happens if one or even two of those five guys go out in a game? I think we need to activate one of our PS receivers.
I don't think having 4 really is as big a concern as people think. How often does an offense run a 5 receiver set. The easy thing to do would be to run with Tony, Rodgers, White, Jones, Douglas. If you activated a guy like Davis or Jackson, chances are they play solely ST. However to activate one you have to remove another.

Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We likely have a WR in mind we want to sign to be our #5 but we cannot sign one until after Tuesday otherwise we have to gaurantee his salary for the entire season.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympia Martin wrote:
We likely have a WR in mind we want to sign to be our #5 but we cannot sign one until after Tuesday otherwise we have to gaurantee his salary for the entire season.
or the new offense uses Rodgers and Smith as RB/WR hybrids so we don't need a WR at this point. (crazy I know)

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Olympia Martin wrote:
or the new offense uses Rodgers and Smith as RB/WR hybrids so we don't need a WR at this point. (crazy I know)

I was thinking that too, but I still don't think it solves the problem if a guy gets injured. It may work for the regular season, but I would really prefer us going into the playoffs with 5 WRs we can rely on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: