Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sleeping on Issac Redman. He ran through us with ease last year.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
This should be an easy win for Denver. Home game and the Steelers are coming into the season banged up. A top the fact they have key players ailing or coming back off contract disputes, they have an entirely new offense that will be a work in progress by all accounts.

Just can't see the Steelers overcoming their issues week 1. Denver are 2 point favorites coming in, so Vegas sees it the same way.

Good luck, happy hunting. Broncos 20 - 13.

Actually, the home team is "technically" given +2.975 points. Therefore, at a neutral field Vegas thinks the Steelers are the better team.

In that case, they are accurate. Steelers are the better team. But they won't be this week.

Steelers are the better team? I don't think so. They are in a rebuilding-reloading mode.

With Starks in there and DeCastro out, it will be open season on Big Ben.

Broncos 28, Steelers 17
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
Am I the only one that feels that schedule gods put this game first trying to create controversy. Denver spent a lot of money improving their roster and if they lose to the team that Tim Tebow beat last year you will immediately start hearing skeptics.

You honestly think the skeptics are going to question one, Peyton Manning and any decision to add him to your roster?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
This should be an easy win for Denver. Home game and the Steelers are coming into the season banged up. A top the fact they have key players ailing or coming back off contract disputes, they have an entirely new offense that will be a work in progress by all accounts.

Just can't see the Steelers overcoming their issues week 1. Denver are 2 point favorites coming in, so Vegas sees it the same way.

Good luck, happy hunting. Broncos 20 - 13.

Actually, the home team is "technically" given +2.975 points. Therefore, at a neutral field Vegas thinks the Steelers are the better team.

In that case, they are accurate. Steelers are the better team. But they won't be this week.

Steelers are the better team? I don't think so. They are in a rebuilding-reloading mode.

With Starks in there and DeCastro out, it will be open season on Big Ben.

Broncos 28, Steelers 17

Yes, quite easily. Rebuilding mode? They are a veteran team full of guys wearing Superbowl rings. They are rebuilding their Oline I suppose, but they are stacked at WR, have a franchise QB and defensive studs as well as one of the best coaching staffs in the game.

They are not 'rebuilding' or 'reloading' anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers are a rebuilding team now? That's a good one. All of their best players excluding James Harrison are in the primes of their careers but they're a "rebuilding" team. Riiiiiight.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
The Steelers are a rebuilding team now? That's a good one. All of their best players excluding James Harrison are in the primes of their careers but they're a "rebuilding" team. Riiiiiight.

Exactly. Thank you. However, they might have to rebuild Big Ben if they don't get him some protection. Sad to see DeCastro go down, he was a big help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like most of the media is picking the Steelers to beat the Broncos. Perhaps they know something we don't?
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Yeah, but they did lose some veterans, like Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, and Chris Hoke. Also, Casey Hampton and Harrison are nearing the end of the line(and Hampton may already be there).
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should definately be favored in this game. The Steelers defense is old and one of their best players cannot play because of a disease and another one of their best players may not play because of injury and if he does he should be limited. When you take two of the best players off an already aging defense, I'm not too scared of Pittsburg's D.

As far as their offense goes, I think they are worse shape than us as far as being ready for the first game. New offensive coordinator, new scheme, Wallace doesn't know the playbook, DeCastro's hurt, all their RB's are hurt, etc..

I think when you put all these things together, coupled with the altitude and hopefully us running no huddle quite a bit against their banged up, old defense, things look very good for Denver.

I'm going to say Denver wins 31-17.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game should be a great one.

I dont' see a blowout (like some people are predicting?), but I do see alot of points scored in this one.

The Olines will be a huge factor. Can they keep their QBs upright, in the face of alot of pressure? How will these grizzled Vets take it, and how will they adjust.

Aside from that, Secondary may be a concern for both teams, or it may just be how the QB exploits the defense. Given the game is in Denver, Pittsburgh is at a disadvantage not having Ryan Clark.

Should be a fun one. Due to Fantasy Football, I have to root for Peyton Manning to have a good game, The Steelers D' to have a bad game, Antonio Brown to have a bad game, Matt Prater to have a good game, and still watch the Steelers win. Laughing

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I dont' see a blowout (like some people are predicting?), but I do see alot of points scored in this one.

The Olines will be a huge factor. Can they keep their QBs upright, in the face of alot of pressure? How will these grizzled Vets take it, and how will they adjust.

Aside from that, Secondary may be a concern for both teams, or it may just be how the QB exploits the defense. Given the game is in Denver, Pittsburgh is at a disadvantage not having Ryan Clark.

Should be a fun one. Due to Fantasy Football, I have to root for Peyton Manning to have a good game, The Steelers D' to have a bad game, Antonio Brown to have a bad game, Matt Prater to have a good game, and still watch the Steelers win. Laughing

I agree with most of what you have to say. Think it'll be a shootout. Think it'll stay pretty close.

When I look at it broadly I see a lot of similarities between the two teams.

1. Very good QB's
2. Very good receiving weapons
3. Very good pass rushers on both sides
4. Very mediocre OL's

I don't see any team with a huge advantage in any area besides the steelers linebackers.

I also see things about the steelers that make me believe this will be a tough game to win:

1. No Ryan Clark in the Mile High air... (for the record I can't stand this, seems cheap).
2. Mike Wallace coming off a hold out... how will his timing and chemistry be with Ben?

I look at the Broncos coming into the opener, and I see, for the first time in a lot of years, a stable offseason:

1. No young head coach causing havoc.
2. No QB media circus (well, not for the same reasons, at least).

Even with that logic (in my head at least) leaning towards Denver, my gut tells me the Steelers come away with the win on Sunday night. The Steelers fan base always travels well to Denver, and they typically seem to do well when playing in Denver (save last year).

I don't know, my head tells me Denver should win, my gut is not. Just being honest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I agree with most of what you have to say. Think it'll be a shootout. Think it'll stay pretty close.

When I look at it broadly I see a lot of similarities between the two teams.

1. Very good QB's
2. Very good receiving weapons
3. Very good pass rushers on both sides
4. Very mediocre OL's

I don't see any team with a huge advantage in any area besides the steelers linebackers.

I also see things about the steelers that make me believe this will be a tough game to win:

1. No Ryan Clark in the Mile High air... (for the record I can't stand this, seems cheap).
2. Mike Wallace coming off a hold out... how will his timing and chemistry be with Ben?

I look at the Broncos coming into the opener, and I see, for the first time in a lot of years, a stable offseason:

1. No young head coach causing havoc.
2. No QB media circus (well, not for the same reasons, at least).

Even with that logic (in my head at least) leaning towards Denver, my gut tells me the Steelers come away with the win on Sunday night. The Steelers fan base always travels well to Denver, and they typically seem to do well when playing in Denver (save last year).

I don't know, my head tells me Denver should win, my gut is not. Just being honest.

I see a huge advantage right there: Peyton Manning. Remember playing this guy? The only guy that gets hit less in my memory is Brady. Our defense can handle a scrambling Big Ben but if Peyton can get the ball out quickly and not let the Pitsburg pass rush be a factor, then this one could get ugly for the Steelers rather quick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

I see a huge advantage right there: Peyton Manning. Remember playing this guy? The only guy that gets hit less in my memory is Brady. Our defense can handle a scrambling Big Ben but if Peyton can get the ball out quickly and not let the Pitsburg pass rush be a factor, then this one could get ugly for the Steelers rather quick.

I try not to Smile. I think it will come down to whether or not Pittsburgh has to start sending extra defenders to put pressure on Manning. I think Peyton has shown over the years that blitzing too many guys at him is a really bad idea, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. *see every playoff game we've ever played against him. He single-handedly ended Roc Alexander's career. I'm more worried about our receivers catching the damn ball.
rhuston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP

You are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Now that I think about it, there is no way that a sports program would point out that Peyton Manning lost to the team that Tim Tebow beat in his last game as a Bronco on the same field. I must have had a moment of temporary insanity, please forgive me.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
BP

You are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Now that I think about it, there is no way that a sports program would point out that Peyton Manning lost to the team that Tim Tebow beat in his last game as a Bronco on the same field. I must have had a moment of temporary insanity, please forgive me.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: