Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&P's 2012 Season Predictions.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7908
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: R&P's 2012 Season Predictions. Reply with quote

It's that time again. Need something to eat up some time and talk about before Sunday, 4:25 ET before the Bucs open up against Carolina. Here is my WIN/LOSS predictions, key stat categories, etc.

Here we go. Have at it. Agree, critique, criticize.

vs Carolina LOSS

@ NY Giants LOSS

@ Dallas LOSS

vs Washington WIN

Bye

vs Kansas City WIN

vs New Orleans LOSS

@ Minnesota WIN

@ Oakland LOSS

vs San Diego WIN

@ Carolina WIN

vs Atlanta WIN

@ Denver LOSS

vs Philadelphia WIN

@ New Orleans LOSS

vs St. Louis WIN

@ Atlanta LOSS

Outlook: 8-8

- With a tough first 3 games and this being a completely new coaching staff, I think we start out 0-3 with a tough opener against Carolina, and 2 difficult road games against 2 contenders against hte defending champs and the Cowboys.

I think we get a win the following week against Washington heading into the bye and our confidence grows as the season goes on, finishin 8-8.

I could see the Young Bucs with the potential of winning more than 8 games, but they need to play above there experience. I see that being difficult, but it's a good start to Schiano's career.

Offensive Rank: 18th Total Offense
Defensive Rank: 14 Total Defense.

Offensive Individual Stats:
- QB Josh Freeman: 61% Completion. 3400 yards 20 tds 14 INTs.
- RB Doug Martin: 1100 yards rushing 8 TDs. 400 yards recieving. 3 TDs.
- WR Vincent Jackson: 62 Rec. 950 yards 6 TDs.
- WR Mike Williams: 55 Rec. 750 yds. 3 tds.

Defensive Individual Stats:
- DE Adrian Clayborn: 10.5 sacks.
- DT Gerald McCoy: 6 Sacks, plays between 12-16 games. Won't finish season on IR (talk about bold prediction).
- DE Michael Bennett: 7 sacks.

- LB Mason Foster: 125 Tackles 2 sacks. 1 INT.
- LB Lavonte David: 110 Tackles 1 Sack 3 INT

- DB Aquib Talib: 6 INTs.
- DB Mark Barron: 85 Tackles 4 INTs.

I think our Defense is very improved. Loved the talent on that side of the ball, and now I think they are in the right hands in terms of coaching staff right now.

Offensively, I think Freeman has his ups and downs and has about an average year. I do think he throws more TDs than INTs, which is an improvement from last year, but I still think his INT #s will be a bit high at 14. Doug Martin I think will explode and be a weapon. The WRs will do put up solid numbers, but this will be a ground and pound type offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RB4TampaBay


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 383
Location: Seminole, FL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R&P, nope, you'll get no arguement out of me. After last season, and a whole new coaching staff, I think that would be an outstanding rebound. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7908
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
R&P, nope, you'll get no arguement out of me. After last season, and a whole new coaching staff, I think that would be an outstanding rebound. Very Happy


I really think we had the talent in 2011 and added some very good pieces this off-season.

I think we're a year away from really being a threat to compete for a division title. But if Freeman can take off this year, than I think we can be a playoff team, but that's saying "if." Still think the Defense and Running game is vastly improved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Glo


Joined: 22 Nov 2009
Posts: 2806
Location: FL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I think this is pretty realistic.... no real complaints.

Replacing Davin, the wideouts outside of MW/VJax, the defensive line depth, Freeman, and Sullivan's playcalling style I think will be the biggest difference between a 6 win season and a 10 win season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4218
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really very reasonable across the board. I do think that we beat NO at least once, we are 3-3 with them the last 3 years, but that doesn't mean we don't lose another game elsewhere, like against Philly.

This is such an odd schedule, IMO. Really has the potential to be just pretty ok with no real powerhouse teams or really, really hard with a ton of playoff squads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3393
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first 3 weeks are gone suck

hopefully im wrong
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3299
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will go into the bye 2-2 not 1-3. Heck Id like to say 3-1 but thats the fan in me coming out. I really do think that we can beat the Panthers on Sunday. Regardless I think it will be a close game. Even if we lose I dont think its too far off to say we give the Giants and Cowboys a good game. I think all of our first 4 games will be reasonably close and could see us pulling out Ws against all of them, mainly the Panthers, Cowboys and Skins. Maybe Sullivan will give us an edge on the Giants.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2925
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vs Carolina WIN

@ NY Giants WIN

@ Dallas LOSS

vs Washington WIN

Bye

vs Kansas City WIN

vs New Orleans LOSS

@ Minnesota WIN

@ Oakland WIN

vs San Diego WIN

@ Carolina LOSS

vs Atlanta WIN

@ Denver LOSS

vs Philadelphia LOSS

@ New Orleans LOSS

vs St. Louis WIN

@ Atlanta WIN

10-6 Very Happy
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7908
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I think we will go into the bye 2-2 not 1-3. Heck Id like to say 3-1 but thats the fan in me coming out. I really do think that we can beat the Panthers on Sunday. Regardless I think it will be a close game. Even if we lose I dont think its too far off to say we give the Giants and Cowboys a good game. I think all of our first 4 games will be reasonably close and could see us pulling out Ws against all of them, mainly the Panthers, Cowboys and Skins. Maybe Sullivan will give us an edge on the Giants.


I think adjusting to the new offense is going to be difficult. This was a coaching overhaul this past offseason.

The one thing I know we'll see is this team competitive in every game. The fan in me wants a WIN on Sunday, but I think it's going to be a good game, but I just don't think the offensive execution is going to be there right away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3299
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
I think we will go into the bye 2-2 not 1-3. Heck Id like to say 3-1 but thats the fan in me coming out. I really do think that we can beat the Panthers on Sunday. Regardless I think it will be a close game. Even if we lose I dont think its too far off to say we give the Giants and Cowboys a good game. I think all of our first 4 games will be reasonably close and could see us pulling out Ws against all of them, mainly the Panthers, Cowboys and Skins. Maybe Sullivan will give us an edge on the Giants.


I think adjusting to the new offense is going to be difficult. This was a coaching overhaul this past offseason.

The one thing I know we'll see is this team competitive in every game. The fan in me wants a WIN on Sunday, but I think it's going to be a good game, but I just don't think the offensive execution is going to be there right away.

Cant disagree with anything your saying. I do think the offense will look better midseason rather than right away. Its like in TC. The defense is always ahead of the offense. Why? Because offense takes time with timing and new/unfamiliar play calling. They are the ones executing a complex play. Defense is, simply put, reacting to the offense's play.

Anyway.. the Panthers OL Ive heard might be a little suspect. If we can contain Newton and our D puts out like we did against the only preseason game that mattered vs. New England, I think we have a shot at our offense being better than the Panthers on Sunday. I think we have better WRs, OL (even with Davin on IR), and possibly RBs (even if Stewart wasnt injured.) RB production has yet to be shown in the regular season but overall I think we have the edge on offense if Freeman can play half decent. New system or not, I dont think the Panthers O is lightyears ahead of our O when it comes to knowledge.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7908
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
I think we will go into the bye 2-2 not 1-3. Heck Id like to say 3-1 but thats the fan in me coming out. I really do think that we can beat the Panthers on Sunday. Regardless I think it will be a close game. Even if we lose I dont think its too far off to say we give the Giants and Cowboys a good game. I think all of our first 4 games will be reasonably close and could see us pulling out Ws against all of them, mainly the Panthers, Cowboys and Skins. Maybe Sullivan will give us an edge on the Giants.


I think adjusting to the new offense is going to be difficult. This was a coaching overhaul this past offseason.

The one thing I know we'll see is this team competitive in every game. The fan in me wants a WIN on Sunday, but I think it's going to be a good game, but I just don't think the offensive execution is going to be there right away.

Cant disagree with anything your saying. I do think the offense will look better midseason rather than right away. Its like in TC. The defense is always ahead of the offense. Why? Because offense takes time with timing and new/unfamiliar play calling. They are the ones executing a complex play. Defense is, simply put, reacting to the offense's play.

Anyway.. the Panthers OL Ive heard might be a little suspect. If we can contain Newton and our D puts out like we did against the only preseason game that mattered vs. New England, I think we have a shot at our offense being better than the Panthers on Sunday. I think we have better WRs, OL (even with Davin on IR), and possibly RBs (even if Stewart wasnt injured.) RB production has yet to be shown in the regular season but overall I think we have the edge on offense if Freeman can play half decent. New system or not, I dont think the Panthers O is lightyears ahead of our O when it comes to knowledge.


Agree and disagree. Carolina has had a full year and offseason in Chuds offense so I think they have an advantage in knowledge.

However and I'm sure everyone will agree with this. If Freeman can get his act together and play up to his potential which is very high this team can go places. That's what I believe, is how our season will be either be successful , average, or bad. It's all on his play.

From what I've seen so far , I expect average ad him to have ups and downs of inconsistency. But I know he's better than that and if he can be , we could be in the division tile hunt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3299
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
I think we will go into the bye 2-2 not 1-3. Heck Id like to say 3-1 but thats the fan in me coming out. I really do think that we can beat the Panthers on Sunday. Regardless I think it will be a close game. Even if we lose I dont think its too far off to say we give the Giants and Cowboys a good game. I think all of our first 4 games will be reasonably close and could see us pulling out Ws against all of them, mainly the Panthers, Cowboys and Skins. Maybe Sullivan will give us an edge on the Giants.


I think adjusting to the new offense is going to be difficult. This was a coaching overhaul this past offseason.

The one thing I know we'll see is this team competitive in every game. The fan in me wants a WIN on Sunday, but I think it's going to be a good game, but I just don't think the offensive execution is going to be there right away.

Cant disagree with anything your saying. I do think the offense will look better midseason rather than right away. Its like in TC. The defense is always ahead of the offense. Why? Because offense takes time with timing and new/unfamiliar play calling. They are the ones executing a complex play. Defense is, simply put, reacting to the offense's play.

Anyway.. the Panthers OL Ive heard might be a little suspect. If we can contain Newton and our D puts out like we did against the only preseason game that mattered vs. New England, I think we have a shot at our offense being better than the Panthers on Sunday. I think we have better WRs, OL (even with Davin on IR), and possibly RBs (even if Stewart wasnt injured.) RB production has yet to be shown in the regular season but overall I think we have the edge on offense if Freeman can play half decent. New system or not, I dont think the Panthers O is lightyears ahead of our O when it comes to knowledge.


Agree and disagree. Carolina has had a full year and offseason in Chuds offense so I think they have an advantage in knowledge.

However and I'm sure everyone will agree with this. If Freeman can get his act together and play up to his potential which is very high this team can go places. That's what I believe, is how our season will be either be successful , average, or bad. It's all on his play.

From what I've seen so far , I expect average ad him to have ups and downs of inconsistency. But I know he's better than that and if he can be , we could be in the division tile hunt.

Yeah Ive said it before. I think Freeman will start to look like our QB of the future about midseason. This is a completely new offense, a lot of which is based on timing and some option routs. Considering he probably never fixed his flaws of locking onto WRs and average accuracy under Olson, its going to take at least midseason to get that somewhat fixed and properly execute this offense.

I do think that Freeman's play will determine how many or how few wins we get this year however. Look at the Panthers and Newton last year. They were in a lot of close games and won a respectable amount with a rookie QB and HC. Maybe a better example is Manning and the Colts or Stafford and the Lions or even us. If the QB goes down or does not play well, the team loses more games then it most likely would with their #1 QB playing like he should and being healthy in the process. We all better hope Freeman has a solid season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1879
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a players statistic stand point that doesn't look half bad for those guys. At 8-8, we'd must have really lost some close games. Cool set us up with a decent draft spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13703
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: R&P's 2012 Season Predictions. Reply with quote

Nice work, looks good. I'll give it a go.

vs Carolina LOSS

@ NY Giants LOSS

@ Dallas LOSS

vs Washington WIN

Bye

vs Kansas City WIN

vs New Orleans LOSS

@ Minnesota WIN

@ Oakland WIN

vs San Diego LOSS

@ Carolina LOSS

vs Atlanta LOSS

@ Denver WIN

vs Philadelphia LOSS

@ New Orleans LOSS

vs St. Louis WIN

@ Atlanta WIN

Outlook: 7-9

Pretty similar, I think we will be in that range.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2925
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
vs Carolina WIN

@ NY Giants WIN

@ Dallas LOSS

vs Washington WIN

Bye

vs Kansas City WIN

vs New Orleans LOSS

@ Minnesota WIN

@ Oakland WIN

vs San Diego WIN

@ Carolina LOSS

vs Atlanta WIN

@ Denver LOSS

vs Philadelphia LOSS

@ New Orleans LOSS

vs St. Louis WIN

@ Atlanta WIN

10-6 Very Happy


I'm really loving these predictions at the moment! Wink
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group