Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Practice Squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Practice Squad Reply with quote

Quote:
According to a statement from the team, the eight players are, “offensive linemen John Malecki and Ryan Lee, wide receivers David Gilreath and Toney Clemons, tight end Jamie McCoy, linebacker Marshall McFadden, safety Damon Cromartie-Smith and cornerback Josh Victorian.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/01/steelers-sign-8-players-to-practice-squad/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that they kept Lee around.

Is this the final PS roster? If so it's weird they didn't go after someone from another team.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding me? Jamie McCoy over Corbin Bryant??
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

Please explain your outrage?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Corbin Bryant played well in his chances at defensive end, and IMO almost won a spot on the roster instead of Al Woods. Instead we get a 5th TE on our roster who has failed to make much of an impression the last 2 years.
SteelerPR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure why McCoy since they do have four TE already.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Corbin Bryant played well in his chances at defensive end, and IMO almost won a spot on the roster instead of Al Woods. Instead we get a 5th TE on our roster who has failed to make much of an impression the last 2 years.

Agreed 100%. I was more impressed with Bryant than Al Woods TBH.

I am very pleased with the rest of the PS though.

I feel we got some developmental talent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy played well, actually he outplayed Saunders and plays more of an HB/FB position than TE.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its because Al Woods is more of a mold like McLendon. While he's only DE but has a massive frame, could fill out NT as situational pass-rusher. He haven't showed the ability to do that but eventually he could, just maybe!

I liked who we cut and kept. I feel like it's more accurate based on pre-season performance.

I'm just excited that Adrian Robinson, Robert Golden, and Drew Butler isn't on PS or released and am disappointed we let Hrapmann go. I felt like dude can either perform better or just same as Suisham, would saved us over a million... Just don't get the logic of it.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I think its because Al Woods is more of a mold like McLendon. While he's only DE but has a massive frame, could fill out NT as situational pass-rusher. He haven't showed the ability to do that but eventually he could, just maybe!

I liked who we cut and kept. I feel like it's more accurate based on pre-season performance.

I'm just excited that Adrian Robinson, Robert Golden, and Drew Butler isn't on PS or released and am disappointed we let Hrapmann go. I felt like dude can either perform better or just same as Suisham, would saved us over a million... Just don't get the logic of it.

Im guessing if the game is on the line, they believe in Sushi more than Hrapmann, but I agree with your assessment. I just would've kept Bryant, and he probably would've been my #1 guy to keep on the PS maybe outside of Gilreath. With Keisel and Hampton getting older, we will need some decent defensive lineman depth. I agree with you that they like Al Woods versatility more.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we doing with Jerrod Johnson?

He seemed like a nice developmental player.

down but not out. I still believe!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Practice Squad Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Quote:
According to a statement from the team, the eight players are, “offensive linemen John Malecki and Ryan Lee, wide receivers David Gilreath and Toney Clemons, tight end Jamie McCoy, linebacker Marshall McFadden, safety Damon Cromartie-Smith and cornerback Josh Victorian.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/01/steelers-sign-8-players-to-practice-squad/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Love it! great practice squad group IMO. Definitely guys to develop there that can/will make the team in the future IMO. I love Gilreath, like Lee, Clemmons and Cromartie Smith. I think those 4 guys have a good chance to be on the 53 man roster next year if they stay ith the team all of this year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Practice Squad Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Cromartie Smith.

I really dont get what people see in him.

Horrible instincts and mediocre open field tackler. He has had a few nice plays but even against 3rd stringers he usually only looks average at best.

Barring injury, I dont see him ever making the active roster.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barring injury and suppose we actually does release Will Allen, I could see why we kept Cromartie-Smith on PS. Don't see any future being mergered between him and the Steelers though.

We kept Jerrod Johnson, of course because past few years at season opener we always had one QB on IR. Good insurance if one of our QBs got hurt, but... This probably mean either Big Ben got hurt badly or we destroyed those teams badly and one QB got hurt, of course I'd hope for the second one! Laughing

at23steelers- I know, I liked what I saw from Corbin Bryant, but it's not like we lost our D-linemen. If we ever are in that situation, Corbin Bryant would be activated to 53-men roster easily. Until one got hurt, released, or retired I don't see any need of keeping extra D-lineman.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Practice Squad Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Cromartie Smith.

I really dont get what people see in him.

Horrible instincts and mediocre open field tackler. He has had a few nice plays but even against 3rd stringers he usually only looks average at best.

Barring injury, I dont see him ever making the active roster.

Good on getting down in coverage on special teams, other than that nada.

...you have a forum resume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: