Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Football's Future Packers Forum Fantasy League 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrAnderson2008


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 152
Location: Lenoir, NC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
MrAnderson2008 wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:
ill veto that too.

mr anderson do you not understand arian foster? or fantasy? 10/12 players in every fantasy league with 12 players envy you. He is the, i got carried to the finals on his back alone type guy


I do understand his value and everything....Just not as high on him as everyone else


You've said that before in this thread - could you say why?


Yeah, sorry, my bad. To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure....it's more of a gut thing. Over the years of my fantasy experience, I was always been a cut player...making cuts, trades, and pick-ups based MOSTLY on my gut. I just have a strong gut feeling that with a healthy Johnson and other WR corp, his back-up showing good reps, teams keying on him, and (I know it's cliche but...) this league going to an almost completely passing league that it's just a recipe for him not to produce more than others would....but that is just my logic and it could be COMPLETELY wrong admittedly, only time will tell.

EDIT: I also really like compiling the depth of players I know will produce in case of injury, off-field issues, etc.
_________________
DannyB on CMIII wrote:
Shamp-what? He washes his hair with the blood of his felled opponents, and the tears from the lamentations of the newly widowed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14117
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an outside opinion (even if y'all don't want it Laughing) and from a guy that is currently a Commish in a dynasty league and a guy that has Commish multiple re-drafts in the past, the only time a trade should be vetoed is if the owner doesn't understand what he's doing or if there is a clear cut case of collusion. Neither seems to be the case.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4635
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Just an outside opinion (even if y'all don't want it Laughing) and from a guy that is currently a Commish in a dynasty league and a guy that has Commish multiple re-drafts in the past, the only time a trade should be vetoed is if the owner doesn't understand what he's doing or if there is a clear cut case of collusion. Neither seems to be the case.


I just vetoed the Foster and Sidney Rice for Turner and Blackmon because that was just straight robbery. There is no argument to be made for that trade being fair. The Foster for Lawfirm and Colston trade is much more equal, still debatably weighted toward the person receiving Foster, but it's much more fair. I don't think that one needs to be vetoed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhawk5047


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1198
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about picking up Cobb because he looked so good and will probably be a good asset moving forward, but im just not sure I need him. I have Victor Cruz and Steve Smith as my starting receivers and I have Pierre Garcon as my flex, not to mention Denarius Moore, Dariyus Heyward-Bey and Alshon Jeffery all on my bench.

I think Cobb can be huge, but is he worth moving from #1 to last on waivers for me?
_________________
Go Packers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4635
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
I'm thinking about picking up Cobb because he looked so good and will probably be a good asset moving forward, but im just not sure I need him. I have Victor Cruz and Steve Smith as my starting receivers and I have Pierre Garcon as my flex, not to mention Denarius Moore, Dariyus Heyward-Bey and Alshon Jeffery all on my bench.

I think Cobb can be huge, but is he worth moving from #1 to last on waivers for me?


Sorry, this is our fantasy league thread, not the fantasy general thread (we have a lot of threads...), but I answered your question in the T.I.F.T (This Is Fantasy Talk) thread.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhawk5047


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1198
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:
I'm thinking about picking up Cobb because he looked so good and will probably be a good asset moving forward, but im just not sure I need him. I have Victor Cruz and Steve Smith as my starting receivers and I have Pierre Garcon as my flex, not to mention Denarius Moore, Dariyus Heyward-Bey and Alshon Jeffery all on my bench.

I think Cobb can be huge, but is he worth moving from #1 to last on waivers for me?


Sorry, this is our fantasy league thread, not the fantasy general thread (we have a lot of threads...), but I answered your question in the T.I.F.T (This Is Fantasy Talk) thread.


my bad. thanks!
_________________
Go Packers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Posty


Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Posts: 1388
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My team is performing horribly so far. Ryan Matthews being injured has just about ruined the start to my season. Having to start Ryan Williams as my second RB has just killed me.

I can't wait for Ryan Matthews to get back Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrAnderson2008


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 152
Location: Lenoir, NC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drafted a horrible team by these scoring standards Shocked Here's to the first overall pick in the imaginary draft! Laughing
_________________
DannyB on CMIII wrote:
Shamp-what? He washes his hair with the blood of his felled opponents, and the tears from the lamentations of the newly widowed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chucknorris101


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 3044
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well trading away arian foster will do that...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4635
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone who still checks this league thinks

Anquan Boldin
Shonn Greene

for

Falcons D (Who was just traded to Legacy by the same guy)
Joel Dreessen
Greg Little


is a BS trade veto it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chucknorris101


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 3044
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea after the shenanigans with calvin johnson and arian foster i gave up on this league with all of the shady crap
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4500
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
yea after the shenanigans with calvin johnson and arian foster i gave up on this league with all of the shady crap


What the hell are you talking about? Foster's deal? Look at how Colston has exploded and BGE has been decent. Calvin Johnson deal? Please. Just because he isn't scoring touchdowns like everyone expected doesn't make it a bad deal. By that logic, the Brett Favre deal with the Falcons was shady.

You're a tool. Leave the league if you're going to whine like a freaking girl.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chucknorris101


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 3044
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:
yea after the shenanigans with calvin johnson and arian foster i gave up on this league with all of the shady crap


What the hell are you talking about? Foster's deal? Look at how Colston has exploded and BGE has been decent. Calvin Johnson deal? Please. Just because he isn't scoring touchdowns like everyone expected doesn't make it a bad deal. By that logic, the Brett Favre deal with the Falcons was shady.

You're a tool. Leave the league if you're going to whine like a freaking girl.


wow real great GMing there.

Also, sure things didnt necessarily work out in the way they appeared at the time, but at the time the trades were made it was still pretty lopsided.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4500
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:
yea after the shenanigans with calvin johnson and arian foster i gave up on this league with all of the shady crap


What the hell are you talking about? Foster's deal? Look at how Colston has exploded and BGE has been decent. Calvin Johnson deal? Please. Just because he isn't scoring touchdowns like everyone expected doesn't make it a bad deal. By that logic, the Brett Favre deal with the Falcons was shady.

You're a tool. Leave the league if you're going to whine like a freaking girl.


wow real great GMing there.

Also, sure things didnt necessarily work out in the way they appeared at the time, but at the time the trades were made it was still pretty lopsided.


No, not really.

"A trade is unfair because I value a player differently than the two who are involved in the trade. Therefore it should not occur despite me not being involved at all."
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrAnderson2008


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 152
Location: Lenoir, NC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry about this week, I thought it would locked when the game started....but I guess it locks Thursday morning, my bad
_________________
DannyB on CMIII wrote:
Shamp-what? He washes his hair with the blood of his felled opponents, and the tears from the lamentations of the newly widowed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group