Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whiz Making Plans To Involve PP21 On Offense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Whiz Making Plans To Involve PP21 On Offense Reply with quote

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Antonio Cromartie, move over. Arizona cornerback Patrick Peterson will join you on offense. OK, so Peterson took a handful of snaps there as a rookie last season. He'll be back because ... well because when he has a football in his hands he's downright dangerous and because he's a threat to go the distance. I'm talking about Peterson on punt returns where, as a rookie, he scored four times and led the league with an average of 15.9 yards per try. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that maybe, just maybe, he could be as effective with the ball in space ... provided, of course, Arizona settles on a quarterback to get it to him.

"No one's brought it to my attention yet," Peterson said, "but if [the coaches] present the opportunity to me I'll be more than happy to showcase my offensive talents. Oh, man, just give me the ball and let me run."

That sounds like a plan. In fact, coach Ken Whisenhunt already is working on schemes to get Peterson involved on offense. Whisenhunt tried it last season, but only sparingly -- with Peterson catching one pass and rushing once, failing to gain yardage either time. Nevertheless, he's interested in trying it again, and you don't have to look far to understand why.

"Have you seen him with the ball in his hands?" Whisenhunt asked. "He can catch, and he can throw. I think we can find a couple of ways to use him."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19797727/whisenhunt-says-cards-peterson-again-will-see-snaps-on-offense?source=rss_teams_Arizona_Cardinals

I like it. I think he will be dangerous in spot plays offensively, I think he'll continue to make plays. We just have to pick and choose how we use him.

There's going to be a lot of PP21's plate this year. Defense, special teams and now some offense. At only 22 years old, you have to wonder how he'll handle it all.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the same way as we saw DRC on offense at times. Something for the defense to think about. Deep passes et al.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP is a dangerous weapon to have. I am glad Ken is going to use him on offense. PP also said he plans on attacking the ball more to try for more ints. I hope that doesn't change the fact Horton left him alone on an island the second half of the season and let the defense as a whole improve.
shawn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antrel Rolle was used as our wildcat QB...I wonder if PP will take on that role. it would interesting to say the least.

sig made by mike23md
rickyp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered why more players don't play on both ends. Some players are just naturals, and they'd succeed no matter what position they play. Why not use that to your benefit?

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
I've always wondered why more players don't play on both ends. Some players are just naturals, and they'd succeed no matter what position they play. Why not use that to your benefit?

Mainly because over 16 games, you'll kill a guy off. Offense, defense, special teams, that's almost 90 snaps a game. That's absolute hell on the body in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait to see what whis has in store for him!

matthouston91 made it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: