Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*Pigsooie's* First 2013 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Colts pick. Jones already plays in a 3-4 in college, and he has some of the best pass rush moves in the NCAA.

Sorry about the Jax fans, anytime someone suggests that Gabbert is a bust or that they'll draft a QB, it's the same thing. The fact is he was the worst starting QB in the league last year, and if the Jags again pick top 10, and show little to no improvement, it's time to restart.

Good draft all around. Would love for you to add some more rounds, and if you do, OL and DL help would be greatly appreciated. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:

Sorry about the Jax fans, anytime someone suggests that Gabbert is a bust or that they'll draft a QB, it's the same thing. The fact is he was the worst starting QB in the league last year, and if the Jags again pick top 10, and show little to no improvement, it's time to restart.

Or you and the OP don't know the Jaguars, nor what they have stated.
Gabbert is now tied to 3 jobs, his own, Gene Smith (The GM), and Mike Mularkey (HC and HIS ENTIRE STAFF). If they don't get it done by year 3 (which is the end of Blaine's contract AND Gene/Mike's contract) they are all gone...which our OWNER has stated publicly on numerous occasions. So yes, when we are mocked a QB in the top-5 we do get angry, because you guys do not listen to feedback or help.

Any other pick or position is fine. QB will not be taken.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we pick top-5 it probably has to do with the QB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Browns pick. We need RDE, G, #2 CB, LB then WR.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: *Pigsooie's* First 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
19. Buffalo- LANDRY JONES QB, Oklahoma

Works for me.

Not for me. For all these early mocks, I never focus much on who teams are mocked to get, as draft value will change drastically before the season is over. Instead I look at it this way, we're taking the 5th QB in the draft at #19.

I'd approve a selection of a QB, but in this situation I'd wait for round two in this situation. How many more QBs are likely to go between this pick and the next? Between all those with franchise QBs, the four teams that picked a QB in the first round this year, and the four that were taken before the Bills?

I just did some quick looking, and only twice from 2000 onward would the 5th QB not be available for Buffalo's second pick. Grab another need in the first and go QB in the second.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
No way! Gabbert is the Messiah!!! There's no way It can't be his fault. It must be your stellar D or running game's fault.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Gabbert is now tied to 3 jobs, his own, Gene Smith (The GM), and Mike Mularkey (HC and HIS ENTIRE STAFF). If they don't get it done by year 3 (which is the end of Blaine's contract AND Gene/Mike's contract) they are all gone...which our OWNER has stated publicly on numerous occasions. So yes, when we are mocked a QB in the top-5 we do get angry, because you guys do not listen to feedback or help.

Hmmm???
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Hmmm???
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Super, doesn't change what I typed.

#JDI
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Nobody wrote:

If Gabbert is the same QB he was last year, I don't think it matters what anybody says because it would show that Gabbert is not progressing. He's got two new receivers and arguably the best RB in the league behind him. He needs to make it work. You can give somebody 3 years to succeed, but if they aren't making the steps they need to take, then it might be time to move on quicker than anticipated, especially in Jacksonville, because I know you guys are hungry to get back to the playoffs. I think Khan has a good plan, but things change sometimes and plans have to change with that.

Now, this is not to say that I don't believe Gabbert will progress. If you asked me a month ago though I thought that the Jags would be the worst team in the league. Now I still don't think they'll be very good, but I could definitely see them at 6-10 with Gabbert showing progression. He's been a much different QB in the preseason this year compared to his awful performance last year. While preseason may mean nothing, it appears as though Gabbert is much more comfortable in the game now than he was a year ago.

So with all this being said, I say if the Jaguars are picking in the top-5, it might be time for a new QB. If they are picking in the top-3, it's definitely time for a new QB. But I see them picking between 6th and 12th. If this is the case, it'd be much more logical to invest in the offensive line and the defense, particularly the secondary.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Banks to groom behind Ike Taylor. For me a lot will depend on how the young CBs develop this season. I like McDonald, who you have picked next, a lot.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: