Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson is a stud prospect, but the only need at LB on this team comes at the weak side. The team clearly views KJ as an ideal fit at SLB or they would have attempted to upgrade the position and move KJ this offseason. Bobby is an ideal MIKE for this system with his length and athleticism, I don't see Pete moving him at all.

I can definitely understand having prospect crushes (we all get them), but I think you have to consider the way the team has been run up to this point to form the most valid mock draft.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:

1.) Common sense is anything you can figure out by yourself if you actually can problem solve. All you had to do was consider the player's deficiencies to figure out why I might want to upgrade the position. Speed isn't the only thing I want from an OLB obviously. I stated that in a previous post.

That's where my problem lies with this, The position was upgraded when KJ Wright took it over, He does exactly what the SLB needs to do in this defensive scheme. So, how is common sense supposed to answer that for me?

Pie Romania wrote:

2.) I show people courtesy who don't deserve it far too often. If I have to put up with crap here too, I am not going to be as nice. My career isn't exactly on the line on the internet.

Yeah well, You showed a total lack of it to an innocent question.

Pie Romania wrote:

3.) I am done. This is getting nowhere fast. Instead of clogging this thread up and making a spectacle of an insignificant situation, I will admit that my intentions weren't to insult you initially. If it came off that way, my apologies. The last thing I want here is drama. I get enough of that crap 40 hours or more a week.

There you go again, in the first part you insult my intelligence again by explaining the meaning of common sense, and then in the third part you apologies and say your intentions weren't to insult me... and yes I am done with this thread.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. A war erupts on the board and I'm not part of it? Shocked See, it doesn't always link back to me. Laughing
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
1.) Common sense is anything you can figure out by yourself if you actually can problem solve. All you had to do was consider the player's deficiencies to figure out why I might want to upgrade the position. Speed isn't the only thing I want from an OLB obviously. I stated that in a previous post.
Let me get this straight....

You want him to guess that you didn't like how slow KJ Wright is? Because that's what it is, guessing. That's not common sense. Common sense would be connecting the dots if you had brought that to the table numerous times and made it clear to everyone.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Let me get this straight....

You want him to guess that you didn't like how slow KJ Wright is? Because that's what it is, guessing. That's not common sense. Common sense would be connecting the dots if you had brought that to the table numerous times and made it clear to everyone.

I dropped it, but ok.

I stated in a prior post that I like OLB's who have good speed, do well in coverage and can rush the passer. Add that to my comment about KJ and tadah! Common sense.

Anyway, back on topic? Sound good?
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Wow. A war erupts on the board and I'm not part of it? Shocked See, it doesn't always link back to me. Laughing

And you didn't make story time!
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
I dropped it, but ok.

I stated in a prior post that I like OLB's who have good speed, do well in coverage and can rush the passer. Add that to my comment about KJ and tadah! Common sense.

That's fair, but when thinking of these mock offseasons you also have to consider what the actual front office prefers. I guess there is a difference really in how you could make your mock. There is "here is what I would want to do if I was running the team" (which it seems you've done) and there is "here is what I realistically believe the team will do".

I think that is what most of the fuss is stemming from. Because clearly the team is just fine with KJ Wright as the SLB, regardless of what we think (and I agree with the notion that I'd prefer a faster pass rusher at the position).
hdshot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch mocks later in the season and always find it funny when someone sees a bad pick for their team and get upset as if set in stone.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
I dropped it, but ok.

That's fair, but when thinking of these mock offseasons you also have to consider what the actual front office prefers. I guess there is a difference really in how you could make your mock. There is "here is what I would want to do if I was running the team" (which it seems you've done) and there is "here is what I realistically believe the team will do".

I think that is what most of the fuss is stemming from. Because clearly the team is just fine with KJ Wright as the SLB, regardless of what we think (and I agree with the notion that I'd prefer a faster pass rusher at the position).

I can completely understand that. It is all just fun right now IMO. Creating mocks assists me in keeping an eye out for different prospects at certain positions throughout the year. Either way, we will see what happens next draft, but until then, I will keep making random mocks. Gotta keep the mind active when the Hawks aren't playing.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BigJoe would absolutely love this draft, if you know who that is. 3 OLineman in the first 4 picks?

Hold the phone homie...I dont believe Seattle will go OL heavy this year... nor do I think they should. 1 OT is really all we need. I believe Giacomini has done a great job but is only on contract thru the end of next year.

Personally I would love to see us take

1st round Maquesse Wilson WR Wash St. (Woods #1 but we draft too high)
2nd round Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
3rd round Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
4th round William Campbell DT/DE Mich
5th BPA CB
6th BPA TE
7th BPA

More later as Ive only seen 2 NCAA games so far.

Last edited by Bigjoe0075 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lewan is going to be a 1st rounder when all is said and done. Way to athletic and technically sound not to go there. 2nd round is for guys like Mike Adams or Roger Saffold who have clear deficiencies to their game, which Lewan does not.

Probably the smartest youve ever sounded SOS. I completely agree. Its extremely early but Im forming a slight man crush on Lewan and if it werent for spending 2 of the last 3 1st round picks on OL, Id be beating the wardrums to get him.

Not quite the mauler that Jake Long was but better in pass pro....
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Quote:
BigJoe would absolutely love this draft, if you know who that is. 3 OLineman in the first 4 picks?

Hold the phone homie...I dont believe Seattle will go OL heavy this year... nor do I think they should. 1 OT is really all we need. I believe Giacomini has done a great job but is only on contract thru the end of next year.

1st round Maquesse Wilson WR Wash St.
5th BPA CB
6th BPA TE
7th BPA

While I could get on board with this, Wilson is overrated IMO. I don't like him before the end of the 2nd round. Not sure Matthews lasts that long either, but, it is still early. If he is there in the 3rd, solid pick. Thomas would work too. Good pick, however, there might be someone better come draft day, but overall, I like it.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Quote:

1st round Maquesse Wilson WR Wash St.
5th BPA CB
6th BPA TE
7th BPA

While I could get on board with this, Wilson is overrated IMO. I don't like him before the end of the 2nd round. Not sure Matthews lasts that long either, but, it is still early. If he is there in the 3rd, solid pick. Thomas would work too. Good pick, however, there might be someone better come draft day, but overall, I like it.

I dont see Texas A&M doing very well this season being in the SEC....Therefore not getting alot of attention from scouts/FO. Plus I think that Luke Joeckle is the better OT. Matthews may very well be gone by 3rd round but he wont make it into the 1st either.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Probably the smartest youve ever sounded SOS.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 7

1st Round-#22 Overall: California WR Keenan Allen
Reason: The Seahawks are in dire need for a true #1 WR to really set their offense into a balanced mode. Sidney Rice would be better as a #2 at this point and a young, dynamic receiver is exactly what will improve this offense most.

2nd Round-#54 Overall: Texas A&M LB Sean Porter
Reason: Porter might not be a 1st round prospect due to his limited athleticism, but he shows that he just has a knack at getting the QB and plays with great instincts. Could either play SLB or WLB for us opposite of KJ.

3rd Round-#86 Overall: Florida TE Jordan Reed
Reason: I love Reed as a prospect and I think he'll be rising up boards come draft season. He brings everything that Hernandez did as a project and is exactly the type of weapon we need.

4th Round-#118 Overall: Wisconsin RT Ricky Wagner
Reason: Wagner has been slipping on some boards, but he would be monster value here in the 4th round to compete for our starting RT spot. Wagner would reunite with Moffitt on that right side.

And that's all I wanna do for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: