Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks officially name rookie Russell Wilson starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3069
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this - I really like what Russell Wilson brings to this team as a runner. He knows when to tuck in and how to avoid hits on the run. He looks like a smart football player out there. I wonder what Flynn thinks of all this. If Wilson has some success, is Flynn going to be on this roster in 2013? I don't even know how is contract is structured and how much of a cap hit we might take. It's a lot to pay a backup and I doubt Flynn would be willing to be a backup for long.

I'm looking forward to the season - I think it'll be a lot of fun watching Wilson. I just didn't want you guys to think I was an eternal pessimist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 481
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
I will say this - I really like what Russell Wilson brings to this team as a runner. He knows when to tuck in and how to avoid hits on the run. He looks like a smart football player out there. I wonder what Flynn thinks of all this. If Wilson has some success, is Flynn going to be on this roster in 2013? I don't even know how is contract is structured and how much of a cap hit we might take. It's a lot to pay a backup and I doubt Flynn would be willing to be a backup for long.

I'm looking forward to the season - I think it'll be a lot of fun watching Wilson. I just didn't want you guys to think I was an eternal pessimist.


If someone didn't agree they have concerns about how Wilson will preform out of the gate they would be lying. I also like the fact how he scrambles with a purpose in ways to find recievers because he seems to know where they should be instead of just flushing and see where the field is when out of the pocket.

About Flynn, I can see a team begging for him if Wilson keeps him on the sidelines. 4 other rookies starting and some could fail, then injuries to all teams. The Bears could of used Flynn last year to save the season and now he is not in the same div. I could see the cowboys if Romo goes down and they need a qb to stay in the playoff race. Hawks could get a good trade or two under the right situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shazor4


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 1050
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like Turbin would take a bullet for Wilson and they have only know each other a few months. You only have to look at some of the blocks these guys are putting in ala Washington on Berry to see that the team has bought into Wilson. For a rookie his leadership skills are of a 10 year veteran.
_________________

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:

If someone didn't agree they have concerns about how Wilson will preform out of the gate they would be lying. I also like the fact how he scrambles with a purpose in ways to find recievers because he seems to know where they should be instead of just flushing and see where the field is when out of the pocket.


Russell Wilson has been looking to throw on the run since day one, all the way back at NC State

And those who have been on the bandwagon of this kid since day one are NOT lying when they say they have no concerns for how he will perform out the gate.

Just like Jon Gruden said when he was drafted, if he was given a legit chance to win the starting job he would.

Russell Wilson is in position to be the best QB in that division from day one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 481
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
hdshot wrote:

If someone didn't agree they have concerns about how Wilson will preform out of the gate they would be lying. I also like the fact how he scrambles with a purpose in ways to find recievers because he seems to know where they should be instead of just flushing and see where the field is when out of the pocket.


Russell Wilson has been looking to throw on the run since day one, all the way back at NC State

And those who have been on the bandwagon of this kid since day one are NOT lying when they say they have no concerns for how he will perform out the gate.

Just like Jon Gruden said when he was drafted, if he was given a legit chance to win the starting job he would.

Russell Wilson is in position to be the best QB in that division from day one


Weak div on other qb's so far. Bradford could be good if he had a team built around him and the rams are working on that. Not trying to be a RW hater by no means but no one can say for sure what will happen in real NFL games. Only seen the basic vanilla football package and not even a full 4 quarters. And the last pre-season game he missed bad to winslow and Edwards which was some kind of miss communication. Also the throw to Obo could of been a pick 6 for almost a 100yds.

Now with winslow really liking RW and gets him for a qb then quits? Older vets should know they are going to have to take pay cuts when they get what they want to win. Too bad for winslow because RW could light up the hightlights on ESPN with all the attention he will get. And winslow being a vet would on been worth the risk to be there for less money.

So what happened? I know if RW turns into a super star and the person that he is would pass the credit to his team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:


Weak div on other qb's so far. Bradford could be good if he had a team built around him and the rams are working on that. Not trying to be a RW hater by no means but no one can say for sure what will happen in real NFL games. Only seen the basic vanilla football package and not even a full 4 quarters. And the last pre-season game he missed bad to winslow and Edwards which was some kind of miss communication. Also the throw to Obo could of been a pick 6 for almost a 100yds.

Now with winslow really liking RW and gets him for a qb then quits? Older vets should know they are going to have to take pay cuts when they get what they want to win. Too bad for winslow because RW could light up the hightlights on ESPN with all the attention he will get. And winslow being a vet would on been worth the risk to be there for less money.

So what happened? I know if RW turns into a super star and the person that he is would pass the credit to his team.


I think cutting Winslow was a huge mistake. He looked pretty healthy and could have been a go to guy for the young QB.

I'm not saying put Russell Wilson in the HOF, but that division is not good at all at the QB position which is why it's not farfetched that week 1 he could be the best QB in that division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoLFaN


Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 940
Location: MIAMI, FL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a Dolphins fan but im super excited about the Seahawks upcoming season, i'm expecting them to have one of the most explosive teams in the league. I drafted russell wilson and braylon edwrads on my fantasy team so i'm gona be tuning every sunday, hopefully they can put up some big numbers

heres a video of him on gruden's QB camp;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmH3JhGeIU0

its gona be fun watching him carve up defenses this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3834
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
hdshot wrote:


Weak div on other qb's so far. Bradford could be good if he had a team built around him and the rams are working on that. Not trying to be a RW hater by no means but no one can say for sure what will happen in real NFL games. Only seen the basic vanilla football package and not even a full 4 quarters. And the last pre-season game he missed bad to winslow and Edwards which was some kind of miss communication. Also the throw to Obo could of been a pick 6 for almost a 100yds.

Now with winslow really liking RW and gets him for a qb then quits? Older vets should know they are going to have to take pay cuts when they get what they want to win. Too bad for winslow because RW could light up the hightlights on ESPN with all the attention he will get. And winslow being a vet would on been worth the risk to be there for less money.

So what happened? I know if RW turns into a super star and the person that he is would pass the credit to his team.


I think cutting Winslow was a huge mistake. He looked pretty healthy and could have been a go to guy for the young QB.

I'm not saying put Russell Wilson in the HOF, but that division is not good at all at the QB position which is why it's not farfetched that week 1 he could be the best QB in that division.


I don't think Winslow was that big of a loss he isn't going to get very many play's in his condition and i bet they just didn't want to deal with Winslow demanding the ball with a rookie which he has been known to do.

I don't know if he was doing this with Wilson or not but there has to be something more to the story then just the cap hit because they can always cut his 3M Salary.

What is going to hurt is if Baldwin can't stay healthy while Tate is out for at least 2 weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group