Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Minnesota Vikings 1PM E.T.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings were 3-13 last year. Why should we believe that the Vikings have made progress?

The Jaguars were better last year, added more coaching pieces, added more players, got more players back from injury, and actually will have their star player.

The Vikings won all of one game at home last year, the crowd noise isn't some insurmountable thing that the Jaguars will be facing. I'm sorry, it just isn't.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
The Vikings were 3-13 last year. Why should we believe that the Vikings have made progress?

The Jaguars were better last year, added more coaching pieces, added more players, got more players back from injury, and actually will have their star player.

The Vikings won all of one game at home last year, the crowd noise isn't some insurmountable thing that the Jaguars will be facing. I'm sorry, it just isn't.

Because Jaguars

#JDI
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention if Peterson does play it will be limited, but that's no worry we are tough against the run.
You over exadgerate the whole defensive pressure thing.
Allen is a stud. But he's never been a 20+ sack player before. So I don't see him repeating. But other then Allen there's no pass rusher that stands out.
All sources say Kalil has struggled a ton in preseason and camp. Mincey will be coming off his blind side. Mincey isn't a player Kalil will wanna match up against. He's motor is crazy.
Vikings allowed a ton of sacks last season and quite a few in the. Preseason.
You guys aren't good against the run. Should struggle to stop us. Noise may be the only difference maker. But noise wont decide the game. Where has the Vikings majorly improved? O LINE? YES but he hasn't done anything thus far.
But I'm sure after awhile he will be fine.
I'm not dissing the Vikings. I feel we are a surprise team and can be dangerous. Harvin will be a tough match up. But Mathis will be OK an we will stop him with zones.
Are o line held up against the Giants front an dealt with pressure the few series we seen them. I think are starters allowed maybe 1 sack all preseason. That's not a worry to me. Uche is expected to play as well. If you dislike are comments don't troll are page.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Wolvesjagsfan10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Of course Vikings fans wont admit we will beat them. But honestly we should of all goes right. Could be a long day for Kalil. Minceys gonna give him a fit. They will strauggle Cunningham the football. Ponder will have pressure in his face all day

Why should we Viking fans admit anything. The Jags were 5-11 in 2011, why should I believe the Jags have made progress. Not every team gets better in the offseason. Id say MN has as much of a chance as winning as Jax does, considering the game is at home and Gabbert has been a mess so far early in his career when faced with any bit of pressure. Again your facing one of the best pass rushes in football in arguably one of the loudest stadiums in all of football.

For the Jags to win, it will largely depend on how much the Jags can control that pressure and I have little faith in the Jags Oline at this point because the first unit has barely played together this preseason. The thing about combating crowd noise is your line needs to be on the same page to make proper adjustments, have they had the required time in camp and preseason to be familiar with each other? I wouldnt have much trust in them at this point. I dont trust Gabbert, and until he proves that he can handle pressure, I find it unlikely that he has a strong performance in week 1.

Are you serious right now? The jags had a better record last year and we had Kassim Osgood, Mike Thomas, and Jarret Dillard starting at receiver. Percy Harvin alone kills that WR corps, because Thomas isn't as successful unless we have 2 other guys taking away pressure. We brought in Blackmon and Laurent Robinson, Jennings returns, we added Branch who has looked very promising so far, we got Britton back on the o-line and Whimper is no longer a starter which is a plus, and Gabbert should be very much improved after an offseason of working with coaches and has better weapons....that's why you should believe the Jaguars made progress. The Vikings were in a worse boat than the Jaguars last year, lol.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Not to mention if Peterson does play it will be limited, but that's no worry we are tough against the run.

MJD will be rusty as well, goes both ways.

Quote:
Allen is a stud. But he's never been a 20+ sack player before. So I don't see him repeating. But other then Allen there's no pass rusher that stands out.

Who ever said he'll repeat? Brian Robison is actually a good pass rusher, he just sucks vs the run. We also have a healthy Kevin Williams.

Quote:
All sources say Kalil has struggled a ton in preseason and camp.

He hasn't struggled a ton, don't know where you got that either. He's actually looked pretty impressive, he just needs to learn to finish plays. Obviously he still needs work, but he's an upgrade over Charlie Johnson.

Quote:
Are o line held up against the Giants front an dealt with pressure the few series we seen them. I think are starters allowed maybe 1 sack all preseason. That's not a worry to me.

Preseason is a beautiful thing.

Quote:
If you dislike are comments don't troll are page.

Not trolling, just defending my team. For some reason most Jags fans think they're on a different level than MN, even though they won two more games than us last year in a much weaker division. I honestly think the Jags are better on paper, but at home the Vikings could win and I wouldn't be surprised.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD didn't do anything until like the 4th preseason week last year.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalil might be impressive to you, but most sources I've read about him say he has been struggling and could be awhile till he adjusts to the NFL.
I hope he is impressive. I hold nothing against the Bikes. TbH I'm a pretty big AP fan and. Josh Robinson fan I wanted the jags to get him. He has a lot of potential to be great a few years from now. I Juan feel we match up good against you.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
He was rusty doe. He only had 97 yards and a TD opening week.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Wolvesjagsfan10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
He was rusty doe. He only had 97 yards and a TD opening week.

I see what you did there.... Wink
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:

Name another player in NFL History that's been a 20 sack player more than once. I'll wait!
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Of course Vikings fans wont admit we will beat them. But honestly we should of all goes right. Could be a long day for Kalil. Minceys gonna give him a fit. They will strauggle Cunningham the football. Ponder will have pressure in his face all day

lol and I'm called the Troll.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Yfz01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:

Toby Gerhart and Percy Harvin are both good running backs. The loss of Peterson isn't as devastating as people make it out to be.

Quote:

He really isn't. Jared Allen, Brian Robison, and Kevin Williams are all great pass rushers. Minnesota LED the league in sacks. I'd be shocked if you weren't concerned with your O-line after the game (win or lose), it was a recurring trend in other game day threads last season.

Quote:
All sources say Kalil has struggled a ton in preseason and camp. Mincey will be coming off his blind side. Mincey isn't a player Kalil will wanna match up against. He's motor is crazy.

That does sound like a concern. Kalil has looked great on INITIAL rushes, but his motor pass blocking could use some work. Looks like he just stops playing, which results in pressure on plays that got extended.

Quote:
Vikings allowed a ton of sacks last season and quite a few in the. Preseason.

True. That's why they brought in Kalil. Not expecting a great offensive line by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
You guys aren't good against the run. Should struggle to stop us. Noise may be the only difference maker. But noise wont decide the game. Where has the Vikings majorly improved? O LINE? YES but he hasn't done anything thus far.

I think Minnesota was 12th last year(?), with Kevin Williams missing four games, and playing injured in another 8. This team isn't the Eagles or Giants, they get pressure but also stop the run.

Quote:
Are o line held up against the Giants front an dealt with pressure the few series we seen them. I think are starters allowed maybe 1 sack all preseason. That's not a worry to me. Uche is expected to play as well. If you dislike are comments don't troll are page.

You are playing Minnesota on fast turf, in a dome where crowd noise is a factor. If you aren't a little concerned about a defensive line that had more sacks than the Giants defensive line, was better at stopping the run, and has the advantage of crowd noise... Yeah, let's just say - as a Vikings fan, I wish I had your confidence.

Not hating the Jags, just defending the home team. The game could go either way, but the Vikings aren't going to be a pushover, like some are making it sound.

Lil Uno with the sig.

Last edited by Yfz01 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

lol and I'm called the Troll.

It was a pretty good discussion until he decided to make that post. I was enjoying reading everyone's opinion on the different individual matchups.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much will MJD play this game? If you have been hearing anything feedback would be great!

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Hopefully Cook is over his troubles, because he has all the talent in the world. He'll have his hands full chasing Robinson up the field. Whoever your better tackling safety is will be tasked with staying back on Blackmon - he showed the same ability in the preseason that made him so good in college - he'l give a defense headaches if they don't bring him down shortly after he gets the ball in his hands.

Another neat matchup will be Monroe and Allen. Monroe is a very underrated tackle and should limit Allen's effectiveness (as will short drops by Gabbert). I'm excited Monroe will get a chance to showcase his talent against a top two pass rusher.

Just out of curiosity, what's the work on AP playing? Also the skinny on Ponder? I don't think he was as bad as many have made him out to be (we have a similar perception we deal with with Gabbert).

I deleted some of it, but that was a great post. Applause

The Vikings best tackling safety is without question the rookie Harrison Smith. The safety play on this team last season was non existent, so there really isn't much competition in that spot.

Monroe vs Allen. If this were in Jacksonville, I'd lower my expectations for Allen, but he is a force at the dome. Also good pass rushers are Brian Robison, Kevin Williams, and Everson Griffen. The one matchup I know Minnesota can win is the defensive line. Easily the best group on the team, that's why I talk about them so much. Laughing

I'm going to assume Peterson either doesn't play, or plays very little. They have confidence in both Toby Gerhart and occasionally Percy Harvin in the backfield. Gerhart is actually a good pass catcher out of the backfield, and much better than Peterson picking up blitzes. Might just be a young team coming together, but someone had stats showing the Vikings offense as better without Peterson. Shocked

Lil Uno with the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38

Jump to: