Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Didn't want to clutter up SoS's thread, so making a new one. I love day dreaming about what the future holds for this team even though the present is looking pretty good as well. Feel free to post any mocks for up to the next 2 drafts. If you include some trades, please, try to keep them realistic. Also, before I begin, there is one player I really like that plays MLB....I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on how Wagner would fair moving to OLB with his speed. I haven't seen enough of him in coverage. If he could make the transition and be solid, I would trade KJ Wright and Chris Clemons for ammunition to get in position for Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky. The guy is ferocious and is scary. I want someone MEAN manning the middle. His tenacity with Wagner's speed on the outside, plus the speed of the OLB I am eyeing in the 3rd would be ideal IMO.

2013 Free Agency
Mike Wallace, WR
- If he hits the open market, I say we go all in on him. He has ok size, but elite speed and can stretch the field for us. Him and Sidney would make a dynamite duo with Baldwin in the slot. This would allow us to focus on other needs early in the draft.

2013 Draft
1.) Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
- It was a toss up between him and Chance Warmack. We don't have any dominant guards on our roster. I don't trust Carpenter, but hopefully he can prove me wrong. Moffitt may be hilarious, but he's a backup IMO, but would be an above average back up. Sweezy is a project, but looks solid so far. However, I would like to keep him in a backup role to give him longer to learn the position and refine his skills. Right now, my main focus is to give Wilson, our QBOTF, protection so that he has the best chance to succeed.
2.) Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- I feel that this draft has a lot of offensive tackle talent in the first couple rounds and that we can get 1st round talent in the 2nd. No one knows who is going to go where in the draft, so the player may change down the line as the season progresses. Lewan is a tall guy with good athleticism and plays with a bit of a mean streak. Breno could move back to being a solid backup that can fill in if one of our tackles goes down with an injury. Our O-Line is nearly complete with Okung - Cooper - Unger - Carpenter? - Lewan
3.) Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida
- Jenkins is a bit undersized, but he has elite speed. Not sure he will be here by this pick as I can see him moving into the 2nd with a good season and someone might really covet his wheels.
4a.) Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
- Yes, another O-Lineman. Haha! Henderson is a large man, but I don't see him playing tackle with us with what talent we already have and picked ahead of him. He would be brought in to compete for the RG position with Carpenter and Sweezy and could also move over to RT if needed to. He has good athleticism for his size and I feel that if you are pretty sure you can get a guy who can start in the 4th round right away, you pull the trigger.
4b.) Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
- Dion Jordan is very tall, but undersized. He is basically BPA in this scenerio and would be a project behind Irvin and Clemons (if we don't trade Clemons before the draft). He has decent speed, but is more of a "potential" pick, boom or bust, but in the 4th, if available, you take that chance.
5.) Keith Price, QB, Washington
- I like Price. He may go higher than this, but this seems like a safe place to project him right now IMO until I see another season from him to better evaluate his stock. He is fairly athletic and would be a stellar backup to Wilson. I don't trust Portis to be a #2 QB and I think, after the season, Flynn's value will be high to a team that is desperate for a QB and may be just out of place to snag an elite prospect in the 1st. Flynn wouldn't cost a 1st (unless someone offered it of course, lol). I am thinking 2014 2nd & 3rd for him would seem reasonable if he can show some talent this year to add onto his resume. The future picks are usually valued a round less, so theoretically, a quarterback with Flynn's potential @ that cost is a gamble you have to take if you need a QB.
6a.) BPA - Maybe a fullback to compete with Robinson. Preferably someone who can catch out of the backfield with exceptional lead blocking and pass protection. Gimme a Leonard Weaver clone, minus the horrific injury, and I will love this pick.
6b.) BPA/Project - Hard to predict these late round picks, but PCJS seem to always have an awkward pick with a plan to mold them into a value pick.
7.) Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida
- Normally, I say just snag a kicker as an UDFA, but if anyone shines this season and shows an outstanding leg, I would like to use a late round pick on them to snag the spot away from Haushka. A little more confidence in our FG attempts would be nice and more touchbacks works too. If we can make them start at the 20 every time, it will make opposing offenses have to put in work against our stellar defense to score.

2014 Free Agency
Meh, will edit this in later

2014 Draft
*Trade 2nd, 3rd and 2015 2nd, 3rd for Mid 1st. (We will be in 'win now mode' and PC will have to produce results to assure his job is safe)

1a.) Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
- One of my favorite TE prospects in a long time. Awesome size, decent speed, good hands. Add him to our weapons and we have arguably the most potent offense in the league with players like Rice, Wallace, Baldwin, Tate, Miller, Seferian-Jenkins + Lynch & Turbin. If you can't succeed with that, you don't deserve to play in the NFL.
1b.) Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
- Aside from the previous pick, this is my man-crush of the draft. The guy is VERY strong and fast. Elite pass rusher from the DT position and he refuses to take plays off. Outstanding motor, great pursuit...the guy just gets it. He would solidify our D-Line and prove to be the missing piece to our defense. Clemons/Irvin/Jordan - Mebane - Jernigan - Bryant + Jones (maybe) + Branch (maybe) & Howard? Sign me up! The pass rush this group would create will create a ton of sacks, fumbled and interceptions. If you thought our secondary looked good now, you have no idea...The 2nd and 3rd's in this draft are assuming we trade Flynn to a QB needy team.
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)

Will complete this in the next couple of days after watching some games. I day dream about the future a lot, so don't bash me, LOL. I really think if things unfolded this way and we are able to keep our young, key players, this would become a dynasty and the Lombardi trophy would be ours to lose. No one would be assured a victory against us, we would have to play poorly and give them an opportunity to take the victory from us, and even then, we still could win games. Ok, I am done. Post yours!
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no on M Wallace with the problems and PC won't chance it. If RW does great we need to draft some good WR's so RW can get them developed. As we know Rice has tons of history on IR. Also find someone to take Carp in a trade and draft his replacement. Early about Carp but be ready. Right now our D is looking good just need some more future weapons to catch the ball. Maybe Tate can be traded for a good draft pick for his replacement but time will tell.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the "no" on Wallace. Lockette could be the guy for that role if he can learn to run routes & catch the ball. Love his size & speed. Don't think we can count on Rice's durability to improve & certainly don't think we have "arguably the most potent offense in the league". Do like Austen S-J! Price? I dunno. Like the idea of protecting RW III, but not sure I agree with drafting all those OL's to do it when we've spent so many draft choices on them the last 3 years. We're gonna win more than we lose this year & next. We have time to let our OL's develop unless we get another rash of season ending injuries.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us going after Wallace either. I believe we're gonna take a receiver in round 1 and probably another, later on. Depending on where we draft, one of these guys, (Robert Woods USC, Keenan Allen Cal., Justin Hunter Tennessee, Marquess Wilson Washington St. or Terrance Williams Baylor) should be a Seahawk in 2013.
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M Wilson of WSU could be a steal in a low round because he can't show much on game day since the Cougs are horrible.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand what you all are saying, I don't see many needs for this team. A good WR, 3 positions on the O-Line are question marks, OLB, pass rushing DT if Jones doesn't get the job done or leaves and maybe a kicker to compete? This class will have quite a few good O-Linemen, and we're assuming Wilson is our qbotf, so why not help him by solidifying our O-Line and giving him another weapon to throw to? I say, with how good our defense is, and if they play like a top 10 unit, we should focus primarily on offense. I don't think we need 2 wideouts honestly, but if Keenan Allen is available in round one, I would be upset if we passed on him. He is the only wide receiver I am fond of atm. I think with Rice, a rookie, Baldwin, Tate and Obo/Lockette/Martin, that is a fine unit to work with. Our running game is set, so long as our patchy O-Line can get the job done, but our pass blocking looks putrid. Hopefully things will turn around during the season and we can look at other positions, but I don't see that happening.

Build up the trenches, give Wilson the best chance to succeed and we will be golden. That should be our primary concern. I don't care that we have used a few picks on O-Line recently....I don't want to be like the Niners and watch mediocrity because we used a high pick on a certain position. If it can be upgraded and it is a position of need, upgrade it, especially if it is BPA.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
M Wilson of WSU could be a steal in a low round because he can't show much on game day since the Cougs are horrible.

Maybe in the 3rd or later. I wouldn't use a 1st or 2nd on him honestly like a lot of Mocks have him going in that area. There are only 2 wideouts I would be happy about us snagging early, and neither one is named Robert Woods.
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows what will happen in the draft on the OL with the Sweezy experiment. Carp and Okung have been injured a lot and have suffered some with these 1st rounders. If Sweezy works out great the FO could look for OL else where since we have been burned SOMEWHAT on these high picks. But yes if another Okung/Hutch comes up then would not have a problem. I always felt we should of kept Hutch 1st over SA back then. I just don't follow enough C ball to know the Oline players.

I will follow your mock. Choose wise! Laughing
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your offseason, but that's mostly because you have some players getting severely underdrafted. A couple of my notes:

- I have no idea why Mike Wallace gets so underrated by Seattle fans. Since being drafted he's top 5 in the league in receiving yards, only behind guys like Wes Welker, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald. I've already proven through the difference in his yards AT catch from 2010 to 2011 that he's not just a deep threat, but a true all-around receiver and weapon. We're not actually giving up anything to get him in this scenario, he's a top 10 WR in this league at worse, and with the salary cap increasing in 2014 and the rookie wage scale in place, we're going to have to overpay some veterans and I say why not for a 27 (by then) year old speed demon that every single defense in the league has to worry about matching up against.

- BigJoe would absolutely love this draft, if you know who that is. 3 OLineman in the first 4 picks? I thought you were BJ for a second. Love Cooper and would love to add a player like that to this team. However, this is the ZBS and in the most traditional sense of the system, interior lineman are not drafted highly because they rely so much on the system rather than pure physical dominance. I don't think this rules out Cooper, it's just something to consider. I actually think there's a good chance Moffitt is a dud, so Cooper would be great on whichever side Carp doesn't fill. Than we can allow Sweezy to compete with Carp.

- Lewan is going to be a 1st rounder when all is said and done. Way to athletic and technically sound not to go there. 2nd round is for guys like Mike Adams or Roger Saffold who have clear deficiencies to their game, which Lewan does not.

- Love the Jelani Jenkins pick and he's actually the LB that I'm really hoping ends up a Seahawk in favor of Leroy Hill after this season. Incredibly athletic kid with a nose for the football. I think he ends up being a 2nd rounder considering his potential, but I don't really have a problem seeing him in the 2nd at this point.

- I won't say too much about Henderson. Solid mid-round flier pick that could turn out to be a boom. He's a weird prospect to really get a gauge on right now. But I don't see any way Dion Jordan is a 4th rounder by next April. I'll say 2nd round at worst. He has great length, good technique, and a great jump off the ball. He really would be an ideal LEO player for us that seems to have a lot more every-down capabilities than a guy like Bruce Irvin. He'd be a great get for us.

- Love Keith Price, but no way is he declaring early if his stock is at 5th round. You don't see QBs leaving college early to be 5th rounders, and Price will still have more to prove after 2012.

- Hauschka was actually one of the more accurate kickers in the league last season as his first year as the full-time starter in the NFL. If he performs the same way he did last year, kicker really shouldn't be a need. Kickoffs are really devalued now that just about every kicker can get it in the endzone at will.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
I would trade KJ Wright and Chris Clemons for ammunition to get in position for Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky.

Why would you trade two solid players that already play in the NFL for a guy that hasn't played a snap?, besides, that isn't a Carroll/Schneider move to begin with they have shown they like to move down and collect picks. I say no way on that!, and man it early to be posting mocks don't you think?, we don't even know who the top 10 teams will be.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
I would trade KJ Wright and Chris Clemons for ammunition to get in position for Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky.

Why would you trade two solid players that already play in the NFL for a guy that hasn't played a snap?, besides, that isn't a Carroll/Schneider move to begin with they have shown they like to move down and collect picks. I say no way on that!, and man it early to be posting mocks don't you think?, we don't even know who the top 10 teams will be.

It is NEVER too early to think about the future of a young team. The reason I listed those 2 players, while they are good, is because of a couple factors. KJ Wright has played well for us considering where he was picked in the draft. I like OLB's that have speed or can rush the passer and drop into coverage. Wright doesn't fit this mold. If we can get good value for him, I would be tempted to accept. Clemons, I would only trade for good value as well. He isn't a young buck anymore, but for his age, hasn't been broken down like the NFL tends to do to a body. If Irvin keeps improving and has a nice rookie season, Clemons may be expendable for the right price. I am NOT saying to give them away. A little common sense could have allowed you to answer this yourself. Wasn't it Beadles, the OG for the Broncos who chased down Wright after his interception? If you are being chased down by a guard, you are slow. I would also shop Leon Washington. Not sure he would bring back anything worthwhile though since the kickoff rules have changed.

And no one has answered my question regarding Wagner moving to OLB potentially and the skillset of Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky.

SoS, all valid points. Thank you for breaking it down. The Lewan pick was basically just position for the round. If a guy like him falls, we jump on it. Maybe intraday of Lewan, someone else with a lot of potential doesn't have the season everyone was expecting? Ricky Wagner, DJ Fluker, Barrett Jones, Jake Matthews, Luke Joeckel, Chris Faulk, Oday Aboushi, Chance Warmack(OG), Alex Hurst are all in discussion as potential 1st round picks. I think one of them will fall into the 2nd. Anyway, I have obviously thought of other scenerios, so I will post another or two.

1.) Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
2.) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
3.) Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky
- ONLY if Wagner can make the transition to OLB. Don't think Jackson lasts this long, but if he did, I would be all over him.
4a.) James Hurst, OT, North Carolina
4b.) BPA from here on out.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

It is NEVER too early to think about the future of a young team. The reason I listed those 2 players, while they are good, is because of a couple factors. KJ Wright has played well for us considering where he was picked in the draft. I like OLB's that have speed or can rush the passer and drop into coverage. Wright doesn't fit this mold. If we can get good value for him, I would be tempted to accept. Clemons, I would only trade for good value as well. He isn't a young buck anymore, but for his age, hasn't been broken down like the NFL tends to do to a body. If Irvin keeps improving and has a nice rookie season, Clemons may be expendable for the right price. I am NOT saying to give them away. A little common sense could have allowed you to answer this yourself. Wasn't it Beadles, the OG for the Broncos who chased down Wright after his interception? If you are being chased down by a guard, you are slow. I would also shop Leon Washington. Not sure he would bring back anything worthwhile though since the kickoff rules have changed.

I guess that common sense isn't that common Rolling Eyes , Yes, Wright may have been ran down by a Guard, and Yes, Wright might be slow, but you seem to overlook Wright is always in the right position in the defensive scheme and always makes plays, so what's your point?, You know Aaron Curry was a FAST OLB, so I don't get this need for speed.

Pie Romania wrote:
And no one has answered my question regarding Wagner moving to OLB potentially and the skillset of Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky.

Go to Youtube and make your own opinion on Wagner as an OLBer, You seem to think you know KJ Wright's value on this team Rolling Eyes

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

I guess that common sense isn't that common Rolling Eyes , Yes, Wright may have been ran down by a Guard, and Yes, Wright might be slow, but you seem to overlook Wright is always in the right position in the defensive scheme and always makes plays, so what's your point?, You know Aaron Curry was a FAST OLB, so I don't get this need for speed.

Pie Romania wrote:

Go to Youtube and make your own opinion on Wagner as an OLBer, You seem to think you know KJ Wright's value on this team Rolling Eyes

Wasn'it trying to be rude originally. I have had better weeks, however, I don't put up with comments such as this. I am no expert by any means and my opinion could very well differ from majority, which is why I asked for other people's opinions. If you want to back talk someone, go for it, but if it is going to be me, I suggest it be in person instead of this online childish crap built around egos.

Aaron Curry had crap for brains. I didn't like that pick then and obviously don't like it now. There is more to a player than what you see during the combine and anyone who forms an opinion based on that is setting themself up for disappointment. KJ Wright is a decent player, but you are acting as if he is irreplaceable, which isn't the case.

I have to put up with snobby attitudes every day when I am on the job and bite the bullet. I refuse to do the same on a football forum with an adolescent with an inflated ego hiding behind a screen. If you don't like the idea of mock drafts this early, don't bother looking at a thread titled Mock Drafts. Pretty self explanatory. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
A little common sense could have allowed you to answer this yourself. Wasn't it Beadles, the OG for the Broncos who chased down Wright after his interception?

Hey, I was just asking you, why you would trade two very, very solid players away from a top 10 defense, and then you comeback with this comment, which is implying an attack on my intelligence, so don't be all whinny when you get the response you did.... and, How is "Common Sense" supposed to answer the question you asked?, You said you wanted a faster OLB, what's so common sensed about that, and how is it supposed to answer it?

Pie Romania wrote:

Wasn'it trying to be rude originally. I have had better weeks, however, I don't put up with comments such as this. I am no expert by any means and my opinion could very well differ from majority, which is why I asked for other people's opinions. If you want to back talk someone, go for it, but if it is going to be me, I suggest it be in person instead of this online childish crap built around egos.

Aaron Curry had crap for brains. I didn't like that pick then and obviously don't like it now. There is more to a player than what you see during the combine and anyone who forms an opinion based on that is setting themself up for disappointment. KJ Wright is a decent player, but you are acting as if he is irreplaceable, which isn't the case.

I have to put up with snobby attitudes every day when I am on the job and bite the bullet. I refuse to do the same on a football forum with an adolescent with an inflated ego hiding behind a screen. If you don't like the idea of mock drafts this early, don't bother looking at a thread titled Mock Drafts. Pretty self explanatory. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you.

Also, I have no problems with Mock Drafts, but I do have problems with people that lack of common courtesy., and there is no ego here....

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
A little common sense could have allowed you to answer this yourself. Wasn't it Beadles, the OG for the Broncos who chased down Wright after his interception?

Hey, I was just asking you, why you would trade two very, very solid players away from a top 10 defense, and then you comeback with this comment, which is implying an attack on my intelligence, so don't be all whinny when you get the response you did.... and, How is "Common Sense" supposed to answer the question you asked?, You said you wanted a faster OLB, what's so common sensed about that, and how is it supposed to answer it?

Pie Romania wrote:

Also, I have no problems with Mock Drafts, but I do have problems with people that lack of common courtesy., and there is no ego here....

1.) Common sense is anything you can figure out by yourself if you actually can problem solve. All you had to do was consider the player's deficiencies to figure out why I might want to upgrade the position. Speed isn't the only thing I want from an OLB obviously. I stated that in a previous post.

2.) I show people courtesy who don't deserve it far too often. If I have to put up with crap here too, I am not going to be as nice. My career isn't exactly on the line on the internet.

3.) I am done. This is getting nowhere fast. Instead of clogging this thread up and making a spectacle of an insignificant situation, I will admit that my intentions weren't to insult you initially. If it came off that way, my apologies. The last thing I want here is drama. I get enough of that crap 40 hours or more a week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: