Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

aSK Anything Thread, v3.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: aSK Anything Thread, v3.0 Reply with quote

hey, we close threads after 100 pages, and v2.0 had reached it.

for our Canadian friends...

ST-LOUIS-DE-BLANDFORD, Quebec (AP) — Police in Quebec were following the scent of something sweet — millions of dollars' worth of maple syrup missing from a large warehouse stocking over $30 million worth of the amber nectar. The theft puts a cavity-sized dent in Quebec's syrup stock, considered to be a global strategic reserve of the sweet stuff that is often used to replenish markets during disappointing seasons. Quebec produces up to 80 percent of the world's maple syrup.

The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers said it discovered the missing syrup last week during a routine inventory where empty barrels were found at the site at St-Louis-de-Blandford, Quebec. Officials initially kept the news quiet, hoping it would help police solve the crime.

Anne-Marie Granger Godbout, the executive director of the federation, said that while it isn't unusual for individual maple syrup producers to have stock stolen, having millions worth of syrup stolen is "unusual".

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/police-investigate-massive-maple-syrup-theft-154022470.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

sweeeeeet!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to whoever said about my draft picks.

1) I took Manning cause we had a run on QBs in round 2.
2) I took SF Defense cause I didn't see anything better
3) I took the HC way too early
4) I took the New England Kicker because 2 guys ahead of me took kickers (Crosby and Bailey?)

I think I got a steal in Jeremy Maclin and Brandon Lloyd though (and lets be honest, I think Rudolph will establish himself this year).

Not your typical Vikings anymore. (maybe I was wrong...)
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run this FFB league across the country. We can never pick a draft day, so we draft over days and days. Brutal. Never, ever do it.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my fantasy draft:

12 team PPR, IDP league, 3rd pick.

QBs: Peyton manning/Andrew Luck
RBs: Ray Rice/Jamal Charles/Adrian Peterson/James Starks
WRs: Marques Colston/Miles Austin/Randy Moss
TEs: Jared Cook/jermaine Gresham
K: Blair Walsh
DTs: Marcel Dareus/Kevin Williams
DEs: Jared Allen/Julius Peppers
LBs: Patrick Willis/Daryl Washington/Sean Weatherspoon
DBs: Kam Chancellor/Troy Polamalu/Kenny Phillips

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: aSK Anything Thread, v3.0 Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hey, we close threads after 100 pages, and v2.0 had reached it.

for our Canadian friends...

ST-LOUIS-DE-BLANDFORD, Quebec (AP) — Police in Quebec were following the scent of something sweet — millions of dollars' worth of maple syrup missing from a large warehouse stocking over $30 million worth of the amber nectar. The theft puts a cavity-sized dent in Quebec's syrup stock, considered to be a global strategic reserve of the sweet stuff that is often used to replenish markets during disappointing seasons. Quebec produces up to 80 percent of the world's maple syrup.

The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers said it discovered the missing syrup last week during a routine inventory where empty barrels were found at the site at St-Louis-de-Blandford, Quebec. Officials initially kept the news quiet, hoping it would help police solve the crime.

Anne-Marie Granger Godbout, the executive director of the federation, said that while it isn't unusual for individual maple syrup producers to have stock stolen, having millions worth of syrup stolen is "unusual".

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/police-investigate-massive-maple-syrup-theft-154022470.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

sweeeeeet!

I'm sure the best Hosers are on the case and this will be solved very soon.
sparkyjoe1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I saw Kevin Williams last night at Walmart, yeah I know Walmart, and I had my wife take my youngest and go ask him for his autograph while I stood back as giddy as a school girl trying to pretend to be somewhat disinterested. My wife thinks that was kinda pathetic, but I just didn't want my voice to crack with excitement. I don't deal with big-time athletes/celebrities often, Rashad McCants is probably the 2nd biggest "star" I've seen in public, so yeah I was excited. I texted my oldest, who was at the State Fair, that I just met Kevin Williams and that we were gonna hang out someday. He believed me for a minute, but then he remembered that I'm his Dad so I'm not cool enough to hang out with somebody like him. Anyways, that's my story of my brush with celebrity. This is part of why I love football, it still has the ability to make me feel like a kid at times. Oh yeah, I'm keeping the autograph for myself.
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my non serious league- its a pretty standard yahoo league 12 teams. qb 2rb 3wr te k and d are your starters.

Here is what I ended up with (starters in bold)

QB: Schaub
RB: AP, Ingram, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, LeGarrette Blount
WR: Welker, DeSean, AJ Green, Decker, Kendall Wright
TE: Gronk, Kyle Rudolph
K: Matt Bryant
D: Seattle

Thoughts on the team? Also Which 3 WR should I start Welker/AJ/DeSean/Decker?

I think I have an average team, I know I am weak at RB tho and only average at QB.

I am leaning towards benching DeSean and starting Decker

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyjoe1 wrote:
So I saw Kevin Williams last night at Walmart, yeah I know Walmart, and I had my wife take my youngest and go ask him for his autograph while I stood back as giddy as a school girl trying to pretend to be somewhat disinterested. My wife thinks that was kinda pathetic, but I just didn't want my voice to crack with excitement. I don't deal with big-time athletes/celebrities often, Rashad McCants is probably the 2nd biggest "star" I've seen in public, so yeah I was excited. I texted my oldest, who was at the State Fair, that I just met Kevin Williams and that we were gonna hang out someday. He believed me for a minute, but then he remembered that I'm his Dad so I'm not cool enough to hang out with somebody like him. Anyways, that's my story of my brush with celebrity. This is part of why I love football, it still has the ability to make me feel like a kid at times. Oh yeah, I'm keeping the autograph for myself.

I remember years ago recognizing an Ottawa Senators head coach in a shopping mall, and casually telling him that I had never met an NHL head coach in person before. His reply was, "You still haven't met one. I got fired today." I could tell by the expression on his face that he wasn't joking.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I think I got a steal in Jeremy Maclin and Brandon Lloyd though (and lets be honest, I think Rudolph will establish himself this year).

I'd be surprised to see Brandon Lloyd be much of a fantasy producer in NE's offense.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
This is my non serious league- its a pretty standard yahoo league 12 teams. qb 2rb 3wr te k and d are your starters.

Here is what I ended up with (starters in bold)

QB: Schaub
RB: AP, Ingram, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, LeGarrette Blount
WR: Welker, DeSean, AJ Green, Decker, Kendall Wright
TE: Gronk, Kyle Rudolph
K: Matt Bryant
D: Seattle

Thoughts on the team? Also Which 3 WR should I start Welker/AJ/DeSean/Decker?

I think I have an average team, I know I am weak at RB tho and only average at QB.

I am leaning towards benching DeSean and starting Decker

I'd start Decker of DeSean, safer play with minimal drop off, see which DeSean shows up and what Vick looks like.

sportskid_021

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I'd start Decker of DeSean, safer play with minimal drop off, see which DeSean shows up and what Vick looks like.

That was my thoughts as well, but I am still trying to decide who to start opposite AP (which if he doesn't play- which I doubt will happen- but DeAngelo Williams (9.6 projected pts) or Mark Ingram (8.6 projected points)..

I know that RB is my biggest weakness (and the health of Schaub) but I hate having to rotate a RB pending matchups but with both Carolina RB and a pass happy Saints team I may need too (or play the wire smart)

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Adrian Peterson set for limited carries, should I:

1) Start Reggie Bush over Peterson
2) Start DeAngelo Williams over Peterson
3) Go WCO (since I have McCoy) and start Brandon LaFell over Peterson
4) Go WCO (since I have McCoy) and start Denarius Moore over Peterson
5) Start Adrian Peterson

Right now, I choose LaFell over Peterson. AD will probably be limited to maybe 10 carries the 1st game, and I can see LaFell having a big day on the Bucs Secondary.

But the only thing is, Adrian is such a break away threat. On those 10 carries, he could easily go for 70+ yards and a TD or 2.

I'm so torn!

Eric dunn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard a guy say on NFLN that we were the worst team in the league. Sad

I dont think thats true, but do yall think we are?

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:

Its normally just people who look at last year's schedule, see that we didn't draft some big name WR/CB who will immediately help, and say this team will suck.

It happens every year. Thats why I pay no attention to W/L predictions by experts anymore, because there is never ever a surprise team. Its pretty much the same playoff teams as the year before (which makes no sense in itself, but w/e)

Can anyone help me with what I should do in Fantasy Football? This is big time money man! Laughing

HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:

I really dont think so. But its one of those things where, I follow this team so I know where we are supposed to improve and forget other teams improve.

Going in. Maybe. To finish the season, I personally doubt it

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 1 of 102

Jump to: