Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What kind of player were you? for real, and what could be.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
RT, I was Mitchell Schwartz without everything that makes him good.

So you were like O'Neil Cousins?

But much, much smarter. So like a combo of O'Neil Cousins, Mitchell Schwartz and Carl Sagan.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

But much, much smarter. So like a combo of O'Neil Cousins, Mitchell Schwartz and Carl Sagan.

but you are not......

candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

but you are not......

I faced his team in High School

True story
bosko1616

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
I graduated in 09 I played TE and MLB. I was 6'4 230, put 185 36 times, and ran a 4.7 4 year lettermen but played mostly special teams my freshman and half my sophmore year. Led the team in st tackles freshmen and sophmore year. My sophmore to junior year I played rover which was like a nickel/safety/lb position just running around making plays. My junior year I was Captain of the ST and my senior year I was Head Captain and Defensive Captain. I led the team with 7 int, 3 pick 6s, 127 tackles, and 6 sacks. I had offers from Akron, Toledo, BG, Central Michigan, and Pitt.... My senior year I got three concussions. Never came out of the game. And I decided I wanted to stay close to my younger brothers and was going to go to Toledo even though I really wanted to go to Pitt..... The summer before my freshman year I had two seizures and it took me almost a year and half to full get back to normal. I was diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and they said I couldn't play anymore.

holy crap that sucks man...

Yeah that was the lowest point in my life. Sucks when all your hard work is taken away in a second but hey everything happens for a reason I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

but you are not......

True story

Was he as beautiful in real life......... Shocked
kelbot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit playing before high school. I was 5'2" going into my freshman year. Wish I would've stuck with it, I was 6'3" 2 years later. I was a pretty good passing QB. My coach complimented my accuracy a lot.

Fun story: We had a very strong 6-1 record in 7th grade on the back of a very talented RB. He was phenomonal. Considered the best in the league. Fast forward the next year, and we are 0-2 heading into a big game with our fiercest rival. They take a commanding 28-0 lead into half. As a part of a passionate halftime speech, my coach decides he is going to "play only the guys that wanted to be here". My politicing to play 2nd team defensive line in practice morphed into starting OLB for the second half of this game. Their RB, while less heralded than ours, had owned us in the first half. He wore #6 and went by AJ Hawk.....Lining up for the first play of the second half, I start thinking of the sweep play they've been running to the wide side. It's been very effective. And sure enough, they run this play. I follow the pulling guard and have a clear shot 5 yards in the backfield. This is it, I thought. I will blow this play up and change the momentum of this game. Just as #6 gets the pitch, I lower my shoulder with perfect form and prepare myself for impact. And there was impact. Of me hitting his hip and me hitting the ground. He wasn't touched again. I actually think I gave him a boost en route to his 65 yd TD.

Side note: Nugent was on this team (not that kicking is a big part of the game at that age). And Mangold was on a team we played earlier that year. Neither were memorable for me. And it wasn't until their Buckeye years that I realized who they were.

I will also take this time to say that the GWOC is the SEC of Ohio high school football. I know you St. Ign and Glenville guys will argue, but it goes deep around here. Wayne, Centerville, Trotwood, Englewood, Springfield are pumping out a TON of top tier D1 talent.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

but you are not......

True story

Was he as beautiful in real life......... Shocked

His majestic glow blinded me
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up playing D-1 baseball. I was a decent football player but gave it up before High School because I didn't want to risk getting injured for the sport I had potential in. Looking back, I wish I had been more well-rounded instead of focusing just on one sport. I was burned out by the time my senior year in college rolled around.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
I ended up playing D-1 baseball. I was a decent football player but gave it up before High School because I didn't want to risk getting injured for the sport I had potential in. Looking back, I wish I had been more well-rounded instead of focusing just on one sport. I was burned out by the time my senior year in college rolled around.
you went to beavercreek didn't you? Beavercreek sucked at football when i was in school
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play rugby. i made it to the level below pro rugby so I did pretty well and at that level I got to play against pro players including Dan Carter who is maybe the best to ever play rugby.

I was a winger. Kind of WR/CB as we play both sides of the ball. It was my job to score trys (TD's) and chase kicks kind of like a ST's gunner and to try and stop my oppisite frome scoring.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cthomas09 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
you went to beavercreek didn't you? Beavercreek sucked at football when i was in school

Yeah, I did. They were horrible when I was in high school (07 grad). Where did you go? We had good track, soccer, pretty good baseball (Justin Masterson), but the football program was always lousy. Unless it's changed since I graduated, I don't think they've had a winning program in the last 20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I play rugby. i made it to the level below pro rugby so I did pretty well and at that level I got to play against pro players including Dan Carter who is maybe the best to ever play rugby.

I was a winger. Kind of WR/CB as we play both sides of the ball. It was my job to score trys (TD's) and chase kicks kind of like a ST's gunner and to try and stop my oppisite frome scoring.

My grandson plays rugby in Indiana and loves it.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

My grandson plays rugby in Indiana and loves it.

It is a lot of fun. Going on 33 and I cant give it up even though the Knee's and shoulders are telling me not to play anymore. I will be back out there next season.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
sparroww77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to a small school, 84 in my graduating class so had to play what the coach's wanted me to play and was force to play Right Guard which would be fine if i wasn't 5'10 180 during football season but wrestled at 152 only chance i had was when i was pulling to get some momentum into my blocks. But i loved playing Def End had a quick first step and rip threw that tackles didn't know what was coming and a little nose guard on passing downs where i could slip between the center and guard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good High School player, played DB and WR and returned kicks. I was a fairly smart player and had some decent speed but could not have even made a Division 3 College team had I gone on with my "career".

Of course now on the wrong side of 50 the doctor's tell me that playing football is why I have as many bad joints and other aches and pains as I do now. And while getting out of bed sometimes is a real chore, not sure I would change a thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: