Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

jfinley88's First Mock of The Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How was it?
Great
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Good
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Alright
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Not a Fan
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Who cares, it's September
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: jfinley88's First Mock of The Year Reply with quote

Round 1

LeVeon Bell

Many of you, like me, have recently watched the MSU-BS game and learned of the beast that is LeVeon Bell. After seeing that game, I began really looking into him and fell in love. At 6-2 238 pounds he fits the bill for a Packer running back. He's an absolute bull running the ball, but has incredible agility and ability from his hurdles to spin move and much more. Also came down 35 catches last year, where he was part of a 3 man rotation, wouldn't be surprised to see him come down with 60 or so being the lead back. If you have yet to see this man play take a look at his highlights from last year below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NUFkRgUw8

Round 2

Tom Wort

A high-motor player maker for a big school. Why isn't he a first round lock? He's 6 foot. Looking past his height though, Wort may have the best motor in the whole 2013 class of prospects. A 3-down linebacker who would make for a hell of LB core in the GB, but he'd definitely be able to get himself on the field. Wort could definitely add some intensity to our defensive squad. Check out some highlights, if you haven't seen him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5P2wHQCAgI

Round 3

James Ferentz

An Iowa offensive lineman, yes please. A smart, son of the head coach of Iowa, kid who could play immediately in the nfl imo. Luckily he'll have a season or two to sit behind one of the best. Solid in both run and pass. Does lack ideal size at 6-2, but football runs in his blood and looks to be a perfect prospect at center for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcsU6IVp0fE (just him talking, sounds like a mini Saturday)

Round 4A

Brandon Bishop

A smart ball-hawk out of NC State who also delivers knock-out hits. Behind McDonald and Lester, is my favorite safety prospect in a very deep safety class. Has come down with 9 interceptions and dozens of big hits. While he does lack in the athleticism department he more than makes up for with great instincts and smarts. Should definitely challenge McMillian and Jennings for immediate playing time. Check out some of his highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidLnDUIJUE

Round 4B (comp for flynn)

Jordan Hill

High energy guy who get's in the back field and is disruptive. A leader for Penn State right now and should fit into our locker room great. Shorter guy at 6-1. More D-Line depth. Highlights are pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFZ2PKWJ8s

Round 5

Quinton Patton

Started out playing at a community college and dominated, then moved to Louisiana Tech and put up over 1200 yards and 11 TDs. Has a great set of hands and a fiery personality. Stands 6-2 and has no glaring issues in his game, biggest thing might be his 4.58 forty. But he definitely has a solid skill set and could contribute on this team very soon depending on the Driver and James Jones situation. Highlights show his great yac ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SoSrRGKIp0

Round 6

Zach Boren

An elite lead blocker who could add that aspect to our FB position. Would obviously have to contribute on special teams as well, if he wants to make the roster. But his lead blocking ability is definitely something that can't be ignored.

Round 7

Jordan Rodgers

Great athlete at the QB position, with tools to develop into a quality back-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iV9ImsRleM (him and Aaron working out)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great effort, nice stuff, and it's NEVER TOO EARLY!

Since the season is so new, one suggestion: putting the player's POSITION next to their name as there are a lot of players some folks have not even heard of.

Carson Palmer had his brother Jordan backing him up in Cinci.
Aaron too? That would be a hoot.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan at all of Le'Veon Bell. He's gonna have a shizload of mileage on those legs and never avoids the hit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Not a fan at all of Le'Veon Bell. He's gonna have a shizload of mileage on those legs and never avoids the hit.

This. Also, I wouldn't take an RB in the first round in this draft. Maybe if Lattimore is there at 32, but not otherwise.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

This. Also, I wouldn't take an RB in the first round in this draft. Maybe if Lattimore is there at 32, but not otherwise.

imo one full year of being a complete bell-cow is not going to ruin him. In his freshman and sophomore year combined he had less than 300 carries, so he'll probably finish his college career with around 780 carries. Peterson had 750, Ray Rice 910, Arian Foster 650, S-Jax 740, DeMarco Murray 760. Yes, Bell's gunna have some mileage by the time he comes to the NFL, but so have many others. His body is built to take a pounding, and he is the most talented running back in this year's class, over Lattimore imo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

imo one full year of being a complete bell-cow is not going to ruin him. In his freshman and sophomore year combined he had less than 300 carries, so he'll probably finish his college career with around 780 carries. Peterson had 750, Ray Rice 910, Arian Foster 650, S-Jax 740, DeMarco Murray 760. Yes, Bell's gunna have some mileage by the time he comes to the NFL, but so have many others. His body is built to take a pounding, and he is the most talented running back in this year's class, over Lattimore imo.

I also don't see him as being an explosive player. If I spend a 1st on a RB, he better be explosive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you honestly have Bell as a first round pick BEFORE the first game? He wasn't in most (or any that I saw) top fives of eligible RBs before then. He is slow and runs upright. I wouldn't touch him early. I want to see just how well he does against other competition and see just how bad BSU's front seven is for the rest of the year (I'm thinking BAD.) before I'd say he was first round worthy.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Did you honestly have Bell as a first round pick BEFORE the first game? He wasn't in most (or any that I saw) top fives of eligible RBs before then. He is slow and runs upright. I wouldn't touch him early. I want to see just how well he does against other competition and see just how bad BSU's front seven is for the rest of the year (I'm thinking BAD.) before I'd say he was first round worthy.

Nope after the MSU game was the first time I had even begun to look at any draft stuff. Most of the boards and projections had him as a 3rd-5th round guy. But when I watched some of his games on youtube he definitely looks like a late 1st early 2nd round talent to me, with an even higher grade for his fit in this offense. And I definitely wouldn't call Bell slow in game, he's no speedster but I wouldn't say he's below average.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

It's also not really clear whether Boise's run defense is any good. I mean, they did have 3/4 of their DL as well as their SS drafted in April.

Boise's preseason ranking (incredibly ironically) is probably more about rep than about how good this team is.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that GB will ever spend a 1st round pick on a running back as long as TT is at the helm. MAYBE in the case of a Rodgers or Bulaga where theyre just falling, but that doesnt usually happen with RBs.

I'd think for next year our big targets will be CB, S (unlikely for 1st), and C in the first round. I'm not sure if there are any prospects in our range at those positions in round 1 at this point but I would lean that way anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
I dont think that GB will ever spend a 1st round pick on a running back as long as TT is at the helm. MAYBE in the case of a Rodgers or Bulaga where theyre just falling, but that doesnt usually happen with RBs.

Well, the numbers point to the fact that Rodgers performance at QB is not correlated to the success (either in volume or efficiency) of the running game. So until Rodgers declines, then it's probably always a better idea to take a non-RB who would help the defense or passing game than it is to take an RB with the same grade. If RB is far and away BPA (like Lattimore at 32) then you can pick that guy, go right ahead.

Like two years ago when New Orleans traded up for Mark Ingram because they thought Green Bay would take him at 32. Would we have taken him at 32? Quite possibly. Would we have ever considered trading up for him? Never.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not high on the WR pick, but I think that all depends on Jones/Driver like you said...And you really like Bishop over Reid? I'm just about to watch his tape to see if I see what you see..

Good job man, really

Shout out to justo on the avatar!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: