Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans one of 3 teams 700K over the cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Texans one of 3 teams 700K over the cap Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul Kuharsky ‏@espn_afcsouth

Per @AdamSchefter, #Texans one of three teams roughly $700K over cap. Can use exception from DAL-WAS penalty to get under by Wednesday.

Uh oh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we planned this, once we use the Dallas money, well be fine.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks that way (we'll be fine). If not, some capologist needs to update their resume.

They can hire dsorc! The Texans board capologist!
dsorc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the downside of cutting DeMeco and Winston. At the same time, just think what our cap situation would have been if we had signed Mario, The upside (assuming we took all the dead money this year like I think we did) is that we cleared space for next year to prepare for the extensions of Schaub, Barwin, and Brown. What's the point of having extra cap space anyway? We may grab a vet in the middle of the season as an injury replacement but we usually do that at the minimum which should not have an effect on the cap as it should not qualify as one of the top 51 salaries.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything relating to salary cap coming from Adam Schefter I don't buy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Ball's 2012 salary - $700k. Can't just be a coincidence...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured Id post this in here instead of a new thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/

We now have 800K in cap space the and could of carried over 1 mil from last year but didnt.

And how in the &*(@ do the Eagles have 20 mil in cap space!!!!!!!!!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
38 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$3.5 million under the cap as of kickoff 2012 folks. I wish we could just ban ANY link from Pro Football Talk including anything from Mike Florio.

In other debunked sources news, where is Pro Football weekly's Nolan Nawrocki now that "3rd round talent" Kendall Wright and his bs 16% body fat story was taken 20th overall, was a week 1 starter with 5 catches, while Michael Floyd (#12), AJ Jenkins (#30), Brian Quick (#33), Ryan Broyles (#54), Rueben Randle (#63) were barely seen on week 1 football fields along with just about every other pick not named Blackmon, Jeffery, or Hill. He also tried to slam RGIII in his piece and I think he might have looked pretty good, but that's just my Baylor bias coming in I guess...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texantype

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Hill? Who's he ? Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
$3.5 million under the cap as of kickoff 2012 folks. I wish we could just ban ANY link from Pro Football Talk including anything from Mike Florio.

In other debunked sources news, where is Pro Football weekly's Nolan Nawrocki now that "3rd round talent" Kendall Wright and his bs 16% body fat story was taken 20th overall, was a week 1 starter with 5 catches, while Michael Floyd (#12), AJ Jenkins (#30), Brian Quick (#33), Ryan Broyles (#54), Rueben Randle (#63) were barely seen on week 1 football fields along with just about every other pick not named Blackmon, Jeffery, or Hill. He also tried to slam RGIII in his piece and I think he might have looked pretty good, but that's just my Baylor bias coming in I guess...

And how many posts did we see on this site re. how bad the WR Hill was and anyone would be a fool to take him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: