Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OJ Atogwe cut by eagles....
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2436
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Winslow was cut. Screw OJ we should go after him. Would make a prolific passing offense.
You read my mind.


I looked into why he was cut and I guess it was knee issues. If he can come in and pass a physical I'm all for it. Kellen Davis is nothing more then just a "guy" IMO. With Martz gone, the TE position needs help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bears54


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 932
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Damn Reply with quote

I wish we would of kepted Greg Olsen...He could of been a huge part of our offense this year....Are TE position isnt a threat this year in my opinion..

I really wanna see what Evan Roderguiz can do....He looks like a playmaker..reminds me of Aaron Hernendez in the way he can move. (im not saying he will be as good as AHern, just his movement.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11043
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Damn Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
I wish we would of kepted Greg Olsen...He could of been a huge part of our offense this year....Are TE position isnt a threat this year in my opinion..

I really wanna see what Evan Roderguiz can do....He looks like a playmaker..reminds me of Aaron Hernendez in the way he can move. (im not saying he will be as good as AHern, just his movement.)

We used the pick we got for Olsen in the package to get Marshall though, and I would much rather have Marshall...
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bears54


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 932
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

We could of came up with a different package, we could of used our other 3rd round pick we had to get Marshall.

We just wouldnt have been able to draft Brandon Hardin (who we drafted in the 3rd round) who is on IR right now, which I would of been perfectly fine with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11043
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
We could of came up with a different package, we could of used our other 3rd round pick we had to get Marshall.

We just wouldnt have been able to draft Brandon Hardin (who we drafted in the 3rd round) who is on IR right now, which I would of been perfectly fine with.

Probably but that's hindsight. We don't know that Miami didn't have another offer on the table that would have been better than our presumed replacement offer. Carolina's pick was 10 ahead of ours in the 3rd round and held more value. Also, if we had still had Olsen I don't know that we would have both traded for Marshall and drafted Alshon, and personally if keeping Olsen had meant not having Marshall or Alshon now then I'm fine with him gone. I think Alshon has star potential while Olsen has statistically been a middle tier TE his whole career, including last year playing with a real #1 WR. Him being our top receiver when we didn't have any star receivers doesn't make him more than what he is (same as I think about Knox though he is off the topic), and him being better than Kellen Davis doesn't make me wish we had him over a potential star WR.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group