Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blocking Tight ends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Blocking Tight ends Reply with quote

I can't believe we're going into this season with just Keller and Cumberland . mat mulligan was awful last year . how could Tammy not upgrade that position . I would bring back Anthony stone hands Becht at this point . This is gonna come back and bite them, tanny is gonna over pay mid season for somebody in a desperate attempt to fix this gaping hole.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Blocking Tight ends Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
I can't believe we're going into this season with just Keller and Cumberland . mat mulligan was awful last year . how could Tammy not upgrade that position . I would bring back Anthony stone hands Becht at this point . This is gonna come back and bite them tanny gonna over pay mid season for somebody in a desperate attempt to fix this gaping hole.

I think we will be fine. You can find those anywhere and we have to find who will fit.

I hate Mulligan. Every time i read or hear his name reminds me of how he blew a game against the stinkin phins with a holding penalty. Thomas Jones had run for a first down to seal the game and this idiot held defender after Jones was passed him. Just a useless waste of a spot on our team.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO,if we want to run, we need to find a good blocking TE that can catch, at least a little. A fifth o lineman will indicate a run
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every. Single. Year.

We always have a thread like this every year that predicts death and destruction for lack of a blocking TE.

Why do you think they put so much emphasis on that swing OT? That's our blocking TE. It gives away the play no more than a blocking TE would, and it gives a better play advantage.

With Smith and Ducasse, the Jets have two serviceable swing OT's. I think they're going to be fine. Think about the space downfield that's going to open for Hill and Holmes.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
richie jets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year it's a weakness and every year we don't win a Super Bowl . 43 to be exact I don't think it's a difference of 10 wins but maybe this anemic offense would bennifit especially in the redzone to have a big tight end who's primarily a blocker , just might catch a few maybe 20 receptions. Even a different position like pats used vrable years ago. If ducass or smith have 20 catches a 4 tds I stand corrected.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
Every year it's a weakness and every year we don't win a Super Bowl . 43 to be exact I don't think it's a difference of 10 wins but maybe this anemic offense would bennifit especially in the redzone to have a big tight end who's primarily a blocker , just might catch a few maybe 20 receptions. Even a different position like pats used vrable years ago. If ducass or smith have 20 catches a 4 tds I stand corrected.

There has been no team, in the history of ever, to fall short of a Superbowl and say to themselves, "man, if only we had a better blocking TE. That would have been the difference."

Keller is a good TE, and Cumberland will post those numbers you speak of, there is no need for a guy who is only useful as a blocker. That is what the swing OT is for.

Vrabel was successful all those years because teams sold out to stop the run. You think teams were surprised every time the ball was thrown to Vrabel? After the first time, teams were prepared for it, but they played it incorrectly. Cumberland can do what Vrabel did, easily. It's a matter or play calling and execution, not personnel.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
richie jets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what your saying , but it's so easy sign a guy like martileus Bennett or use a 4th or 5 th rounder on a guy. Just a guy with a better hands than hartock or mulligan , there practically uncovered . a swing tackle like hunter is useless a pass catcher in play action . remember that completion kerley threw to mulligan no one even covered him . it's a nice thing to have on the roster ro compliment Keller
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is our blocking TE....

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
I know what your saying , but it's so easy sign a guy like martileus Bennett or use a 4th or 5 th rounder on a guy. Just a guy with a better hands than hartock or mulligan , there practically uncovered . a swing tackle like hunter is useless a pass catcher in play action . remember that completion kerley threw to mulligan no one even covered him . it's a nice thing to have on the roster ro compliment Keller

It's easy to sign a guy like Martellus Bennett? First, his salary is $2.5M this year. Not worth it for a backup TE. That's also forgetting the fact that Bennett is even more useless as a blocker than Keller.

A 3rd OT like Smith will actually make PA more effective. Teams will be expecting a run that much more with there being only four real targets on the field.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With us being so vanilla in the pre-season, I'm waiting until at least 4 games in to pass any judgement on any player other than Revis and Mangold

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: