Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets dismiss Steve Johnson's success over Revis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Jets dismiss Steve Johnson's success over Revis Reply with quote

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/jets-dismiss-stevie-johnsons-success-over-revis.html

I really hope Johnson comes ready to play this week.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie is the President and CEO of Revis Island

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give Johnson a lot of credit. He is the only receiver to have any sort of success against a healthy Revis in years. I am sure that Revis is aware of this is and has been preparing for this match-up the entire offseason. Johnson vs. Revis should be very entertaining to watch twice a year.

#TeamManfred
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I will give Johnson a lot of credit. He is the only receiver to have any sort of success against a healthy Revis in years. I am sure that Revis is aware of this is and has been preparing for this match-up the entire offseason. Johnson vs. Revis should be very entertaining to watch twice a year.
Well said little guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually a CB giving up 75 yards, it is no big deal but for a player the caliber of Revis... it is. And Stevie has been beating up on Revis since Stevie was a rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im benching SJ in fantasy.. With lingering groin, and Revis Island im taking chance going with Isaac Redman and Mike Wallace at W/R, and Fitzgerald/Cruz at WR.. Hope doesnt bite me in [inappropriate/removed]..
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Usually a CB giving up 75 yards, it is no big deal but for a player the caliber of Revis... it is. And Stevie has been beating up on Revis since Stevie was a rookie.

Not exactly true ... Stevie only played 2 games against the Jets as a rookie and didnt play against them as a 2nd year man ... he only had 3 catches for 21 yards and a TD.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Not exactly true ... Stevie only played 2 games against the Jets as a rookie and didnt play against them as a 2nd year man ... he only had 3 catches for 21 yards and a TD.

Let me rephrase that. When Stevie gets playing time he has been beating him since he was a rookie. Past two year he has been just beating Revis consistantly. His rookie year he didn't get much playing time but when he got into the game ge caught his first career TD against Revis one on one in the redzone. Which is where the comment came from.

His 2nd year he just didn't get any playing time with Owens, Roscoe, and Evans on the team.

But when he is on the field against Revis he has been beating him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Let me rephrase that. When Stevie gets playing time he has been beating him since he was a rookie. Past two year he has been just beating Revis consistantly. His rookie year he didn't get much playing time but when he got into the game ge caught his first career TD against Revis one on one in the redzone. Which is where the comment came from.

His 2nd year he just didn't get any playing time with Owens, Roscoe, and Evans on the team.

I don't think he really went 1-on-1 with Revis until last season.

#TeamManfred
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I don't think he really went 1-on-1 with Revis until last season.

Rookie year vs Revis... one of the only times he played that year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzOIC8NJr4

He played one on one against Revis in Stevie 3rd season as well. I remember going into last season knowing that Stevie has had success against Revis and his performance last year verified it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if people think 75 yards is out of this world and amazing, i will take it.

most of us are spoiled to see revis give up more than 3 catches. so 75 yards and a easy 4 yard slant for a td was funny.

too bad stevie had the drops.

i hope revis is getting all these reports of reporters harassing revis about stevie. its fun when revis plays pissed off.

also going gaga over stevie catching a 4-5yard slant on revis is comical.

btw the 2010 stats are meaningless. revis never played the bills in 2010 and the last game of the year, the jets played a couple starters for a quarter.

marquice cole was on stevie that game lol
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JfaulkNY wrote:

most of us are spoiled to see revis give up more than 3 catches. so 75 yards and a easy 4 yard slant for a td was funny.

i hope revis is getting all these reports of reporters harassing revis about stevie. its fun when revis plays pissed off.

btw the 2010 stats are meaningless. revis never played the bills in 2010 and the last game of the year, the jets played a couple starters for a quarter.

Well like all Jets fans and Reporters say that Revis is a shutdown corner, then why does Stevie make him look pedestrian? Face it Stevie has Revis' number. Until Revis shuts down Stevie, he will always have his number.

Stevie vs Revis in 2011: 11rec//184yrds//1TD ... looks pretty good to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
JfaulkNY wrote:

Well like all Jets fans and Reporters say that Revis is a shutdown corner, then why does Stevie make him look pedestrian? Face it Stevie has Revis' number. Until Revis shuts down Stevie, he will always have his number.

thats fine. but putting 75 up on somebody isnt exactly owning anybody. thats a nice game.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JfaulkNY wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
JfaulkNY wrote:

thats fine. but putting 75 up on somebody isnt exactly owning anybody. thats a nice game.
I wouldnt call it "owning" but when someone puts up 75 and 84 against the best CB in the NFL that truly is something.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
JfaulkNY wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
JfaulkNY wrote:

I wouldnt call it "owning" but when someone puts up 75 and 84 against the best CB in the NFL that truly is something.

true. stevie did a great job. he did a good job against darrelle in 2 games. i want to see if he can continue it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: