Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) vs. Jaguars (0-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) vs. Jaguars (0-0) Reply with quote

Game 1

vs
When: 1:00 PM EST September 9th
Where: Mall of America Field (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: CBS/WCCO (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius 117(Radio)

TV Distribution Map: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk1.html

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Probable: DT Letroy Guion (Knee), CB Robert Blanton (Hamstring), TE John Carlson (Knee), T Geoff Schwartz (abdomen), CB Marcus Sherels (ankle) Questionable: RB Adrian Peterson (Knee), Doubtful: None, Out: LB Marvin Mitchell (Ankle), S Andrew Sendejo (Ankle), WR Jarius Wright (Ankle)

Jaguars - Probable: C Brad Meester (NIR), WR Justin Blackmon (ankle), DE Aaron Morgan (NIR), G Uche Nawaneri (Ankle) Questionable: CB Mike Harris (Hamstring), Doubtful: CB Derek Cox (Hamstring), Out: LB Daryl Smith (Groin), DE Austen Lane (Foot), DE George Selvie (Knee)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

I apologize about last week. I had to go out of town without warning (it wasn't a serious emergency, but was unable to get back online) and just returned this evening.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pumped!!! Very Happy

Cant wait till sunday!!

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least both teams fans realistically expect a victory. It will be interesting to see which team can actually accomplish that feat.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go!!! Skol!
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings 24
Jaguars 20

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Vikings 24
Jaguars 20

Vikes 27
Jags 17
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the defense having a big game thanks in part to the pass rush getting to Gabbert early and often and really setting the tone of this game. I expect Fairly inconsistent play from the offense, but there will be a few big plays that should set the offense up for scoring opportunities.

Does Harvin take the opening kickoff for a TD like last year?
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to call it a 'good' game, because I'm guessing both teams are going to be pretty sloppy, and neither team is the most talented team in the league, but it will be close. I hope we can get a win at home though.

I just want to see the OL hold up, Ponder show improvement, and the secondary make a play or two.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I am not going to call it a 'good' game, because I'm guessing both teams are going to be pretty sloppy, and neither team is the most talented team in the league, but it will be close. I hope we can get a win at home though.

I just want to see the OL hold up, Ponder show improvement, and the secondary make a play or two.

From what I heard with the Jags line, they have been mediocre and I could see the pass rush really dominating the game coupled with the ridiculous crowd noise for the opener. Further, Gabbert has looked very rough in the pocket and Im not ready to buy his preseaseon hype that he has turned a corner in that regard. This should be a game where the pass rush has to play at a really high level to win, just like every week and I think there will be a lot of opportunities for Allen and Robison to take advantage of miscommunication from the noise, which will hopefully lead to a skittish Qb.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our secondary can just play smart, this defense should be markedly improved from last year. We know that the defenive front line can get pressure and get to the quarterback, but too many times last year the players in the secondary didn't understand their assignments, which led to wide open receivers. So all I want to see on Sunday from the secondary is smart and disciplined play. If they do that, Gabbert won't have wide open receivers, and that should give the defensive line that extra second to get in his face and cause mistakes.

As for the offense, I'm not expecting perfection, but I think they will surprise. I know thae Jaguars have a very underrated defense, but with the improvements that our offensive line has shown, especially when it comes to run blocking. I think our offense will be able to control the ball and control the tempo of the game. Which should lead to an opening week win for the hime team.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how bad will the replacement refs make this game? Are we looking at 4 hour games instead of 3?

Its not going to be an easy win. MJD might not "start", but he'll get his reps, and even if, Rashard Jennings is a very good backup. Justin Blackmon is going to give Cook/Robinson all they can handle. Above all, I expect to see a much more improved Gabbert. He's not going to look like the scared little QB we saw last year. I expect him to be one of the most improved QBs from last year.

We have our strong core of players to compete in every game. Jared Allen is the best DE in the game, Percy Harvin is lightning in a bottle, our secondary is improved, we got Adrian back, and like Gabbert, I expect to see a much more improved Christian Ponder.

So in the end, to win this game, we must win the turnover battle (not beating ourselves!), get big plays, and be consistant everywhere. No one has an excuse to play poorly.

With that said: Vikings 27 Jaguars 20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a new year boys! Can't wait to get this show on the road! I expect the team to come out ready to play and ready to start the year off right..
With a WIN! Vikings 27 - Jaguars 13 SKOL!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see this Vikings offense scoring much on this Jag defense. Having Jones-Drew just now getting worked into the fold helps Minnesota a ton. Should be a close game, one that I believe Jacksonville will walk away with at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive line pressure all day long and causes 3 turnovers. Percy has a big day, 12+ touches and the Vikes win. 24-13.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those talking about our line.
We have been playing without Monroe and Britton (our bookend Tackles)...There was our inconsistent play.

Uche is now injured, severity isn't known, which means Michael Brewster will play RG in his spot.

So our line will look like this:
Monroe-Britton-Meester-Brewster-Bradfield

Brewster and Bradfield, have only allowed a combined 2 QB hurries and no sacks in the preseason.

I fully expect Harvin to run all over our secondary, we have no speed and Derek Cox, has been out with a hammy.

24-21 Jaguars in a close game.

On the flip side.
I think Mincey/Branch give Kalil just as many fits as Allen will.
And I don't think your LBs/CBs can keep Blackmon, Shorts, and Lewis at bay.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56

Jump to: