Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Practice Squad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10898
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Other than him being a draft pick I didn't see anything too special. But OK. We will have to trust Reggie and the staff.


A 7th round rookie is rarely going to play "special" right away. I thought he showed a lot of promise and is good in coverage. Not every player on a team is "special" or elite or w/e.


He was pretty "meh" to me. And I didn't see the "promise". But whatever. Confused


Agree with you partially.

I do like him a lot in zone coverage, plays quick and agile, but he is not strong against the run. Gets washed out too easily. He needs to get stronger and get off his blocks better from what I can see .

Worth a PS spot imo.


Meh. But I guess I can dig him being on the PS. Not looking for too much from any of those guys anyway.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22761
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Bring in

Cliff Harris CB
Janzen Jackson S
Myles Wade NT
Dom Hamilton DT


Wade was brought in and they passed on giving him a shot in camp. What's that tell you? I mean at least try a little logic out.


Logic is Wade is raw, but he has all the measurable and potential to be something. That is what the point of practice squad is.. To develop players, I would not mind a project at all .. duh


And if the Raiders saw talent in him he'd have been signed to compete in camp. Duh? Who says that anymore. Lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pozzi


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 370
Location: Carson City, NV
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Bring in

Cliff Harris CB
Janzen Jackson S
Myles Wade NT
Dom Hamilton DT


Wade was brought in and they passed on giving him a shot in camp. What's that tell you? I mean at least try a little logic out.


Logic is Wade is raw, but he has all the measurable and potential to be something. That is what the point of practice squad is.. To develop players, I would not mind a project at all .. duh


And if the Raiders saw talent in him he'd have been signed to compete in camp. Duh? Who says that anymore. Lol


Ahhh just let him have his fun.

Dude provides the lols Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22761
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Bring in

Cliff Harris CB
Janzen Jackson S
Myles Wade NT
Dom Hamilton DT


Wade was brought in and they passed on giving him a shot in camp. What's that tell you? I mean at least try a little logic out.


Logic is Wade is raw, but he has all the measurable and potential to be something. That is what the point of practice squad is.. To develop players, I would not mind a project at all .. duh


And if the Raiders saw talent in him he'd have been signed to compete in camp. Duh? Who says that anymore. Lol


Ahhh just let him have his fun.

Dude provides the lols Laughing


His post make my head hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10109
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it's just Nate Stupar, Travionte Session, Brandon Carswell and Kaelin Burnett
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5774
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
So far it's just Nate Stupar, Travionte Session, Brandon Carswell and Kaelin Burnett


Session is the only one I see any contributor potential in right now. Like, 3rd or 4th wr occasional catch potential. He just seemed to catch what was thrown at him, solid enough.
Burnett didn't show up at all in the games, Carswell seemed to blow too many plays, Stupar looked inconsistent and easily blocked in general. At least he knows what it is like to step up when it counts, so that's something.. His ceiling is Ricky Brown to me, a versatile backup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22761
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
So far it's just Nate Stupar, Travionte Session, Brandon Carswell and Kaelin Burnett


I like that they are taking their time w/ it. Last year they just through on a bunch of duds. No surprise the depth remained an issue this offseason. The PS was full of crappy players the year prior.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10109
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5774
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.


I hear ya on that. Thing is with a guy like Carswell, or McGee for that matter, there's no real point. The lights came on gametime and it seemed to big for Carswell. Between the 5 WRs we already have and Session, 3 of whom are rookies and all of whom are young... I don't see the point on having Carswell as a 2nd wr on the PS. Next year will provide a whole new crop of rookies. But, they signed him so either they see something or have yet to see there's nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10109
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.


I hear ya on that. Thing is with a guy like Carswell, or McGee for that matter, there's no real point. The lights came on gametime and it seemed to big for Carswell. Between the 5 WRs we already have and Session, 3 of whom are rookies and all of whom are young... I don't see the point on having Carswell as a 2nd wr on the PS. Next year will provide a whole new crop of rookies. But, they signed him so either they see something or have yet to see there's nothing.


I agree on Carswell, between who we already have at WR, and the fact I don't see much potential in him, I don't get it, but whatever it doesn't matter much to me lol. I know Reggie has a plan.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14416
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.


I hear ya on that. Thing is with a guy like Carswell, or McGee for that matter, there's no real point. The lights came on gametime and it seemed to big for Carswell. Between the 5 WRs we already have and Session, 3 of whom are rookies and all of whom are young... I don't see the point on having Carswell as a 2nd wr on the PS. Next year will provide a whole new crop of rookies. But, they signed him so either they see something or have yet to see there's nothing.


We have 5 WRs on the active roster and 2 of them are injured and injury prone. Carswell knows the offense.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5774
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.


I hear ya on that. Thing is with a guy like Carswell, or McGee for that matter, there's no real point. The lights came on gametime and it seemed to big for Carswell. Between the 5 WRs we already have and Session, 3 of whom are rookies and all of whom are young... I don't see the point on having Carswell as a 2nd wr on the PS. Next year will provide a whole new crop of rookies. But, they signed him so either they see something or have yet to see there's nothing.


We have 5 WRs on the active roster and 2 of them are injured and injury prone. Carswell knows the offense.



True. But he doesn't make catches when it's thrown to him so what good is knowing the offense? So does Session and he looked better.

Honestly, if 2 of our WRs are hurt it should mean more catches for Reece and McFadden, split wide. They're both infinitely better than Carswell at the WR spot. And more catches for the healthy WRs. That's still 5 guys to grab the ball, more than enough for a particular game until the others get healthy.

If any of our offense ends up going through Carswell we're screwed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigMike1b


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 1879
Location: 626, CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the team's facebook account, the Raiders have signed CB Chimdi Chekwa, OC Collin Miller, DT Vaughn Meatoga, RB Jeremy Stewart to the practice squad.

Would have liked to see Dominique Hamilton on the PS
_________________


2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!


Last edited by BigMike1b on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22761
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
According to the team's facebook account, the Raiders have signed CB Chimdi Chekwa, OC Collin Miller, DT Vaughn Meatoga, RB Jeremy Stewart.

Would have liked to see Dominique Hamilton on the PS


Must not have seen what they wanted in Hamilton. Interested in hearing more about Meatoga. Hawaii I believe?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9055
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Vaughn Meatoga is seen as a one gap 4-3 NT/DT."

per Levi Damien
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group