Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Practice Squad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Other than him being a draft pick I didn't see anything too special. But OK. We will have to trust Reggie and the staff.

A 7th round rookie is rarely going to play "special" right away. I thought he showed a lot of promise and is good in coverage. Not every player on a team is "special" or elite or w/e.

He was pretty "meh" to me. And I didn't see the "promise". But whatever. Confused

Agree with you partially.

I do like him a lot in zone coverage, plays quick and agile, but he is not strong against the run. Gets washed out too easily. He needs to get stronger and get off his blocks better from what I can see .

Worth a PS spot imo.

Meh. But I guess I can dig him being on the PS. Not looking for too much from any of those guys anyway.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Bring in

Cliff Harris CB
Janzen Jackson S
Myles Wade NT
Dom Hamilton DT

Wade was brought in and they passed on giving him a shot in camp. What's that tell you? I mean at least try a little logic out.

Logic is Wade is raw, but he has all the measurable and potential to be something. That is what the point of practice squad is.. To develop players, I would not mind a project at all .. duh

And if the Raiders saw talent in him he'd have been signed to compete in camp. Duh? Who says that anymore. Lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Bring in

Cliff Harris CB
Janzen Jackson S
Myles Wade NT
Dom Hamilton DT

Wade was brought in and they passed on giving him a shot in camp. What's that tell you? I mean at least try a little logic out.

Logic is Wade is raw, but he has all the measurable and potential to be something. That is what the point of practice squad is.. To develop players, I would not mind a project at all .. duh

And if the Raiders saw talent in him he'd have been signed to compete in camp. Duh? Who says that anymore. Lol

Ahhh just let him have his fun.

Dude provides the lols Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Bring in

Cliff Harris CB
Janzen Jackson S
Myles Wade NT
Dom Hamilton DT

Ahhh just let him have his fun.

Dude provides the lols Laughing

His post make my head hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it's just Nate Stupar, Travionte Session, Brandon Carswell and Kaelin Burnett
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
So far it's just Nate Stupar, Travionte Session, Brandon Carswell and Kaelin Burnett

Session is the only one I see any contributor potential in right now. Like, 3rd or 4th wr occasional catch potential. He just seemed to catch what was thrown at him, solid enough.
Burnett didn't show up at all in the games, Carswell seemed to blow too many plays, Stupar looked inconsistent and easily blocked in general. At least he knows what it is like to step up when it counts, so that's something.. His ceiling is Ricky Brown to me, a versatile backup.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I like that they are taking their time w/ it. Last year they just through on a bunch of duds. No surprise the depth remained an issue this offseason. The PS was full of crappy players the year prior.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
not everybody is a terror their first preseason. I like Session and Stupar, but obviously these guys are carefully picked by reggie for a reason, to take what they showed in camp and continue to develop them. We'll see, but that's the reason they are on the PS, if they were already this special, great talent, they would be on the 53. They're just "meh", raw and average at this point. Developmental guys with potential to have a role down the road, but not yet.

I hear ya on that. Thing is with a guy like Carswell, or McGee for that matter, there's no real point. The lights came on gametime and it seemed to big for Carswell. Between the 5 WRs we already have and Session, 3 of whom are rookies and all of whom are young... I don't see the point on having Carswell as a 2nd wr on the PS. Next year will provide a whole new crop of rookies. But, they signed him so either they see something or have yet to see there's nothing.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I hear ya on that. Thing is with a guy like Carswell, or McGee for that matter, there's no real point. The lights came on gametime and it seemed to big for Carswell. Between the 5 WRs we already have and Session, 3 of whom are rookies and all of whom are young... I don't see the point on having Carswell as a 2nd wr on the PS. Next year will provide a whole new crop of rookies. But, they signed him so either they see something or have yet to see there's nothing.

I agree on Carswell, between who we already have at WR, and the fact I don't see much potential in him, I don't get it, but whatever it doesn't matter much to me lol. I know Reggie has a plan.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

We have 5 WRs on the active roster and 2 of them are injured and injury prone. Carswell knows the offense.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

We have 5 WRs on the active roster and 2 of them are injured and injury prone. Carswell knows the offense.

True. But he doesn't make catches when it's thrown to him so what good is knowing the offense? So does Session and he looked better.

Honestly, if 2 of our WRs are hurt it should mean more catches for Reece and McFadden, split wide. They're both infinitely better than Carswell at the WR spot. And more catches for the healthy WRs. That's still 5 guys to grab the ball, more than enough for a particular game until the others get healthy.

If any of our offense ends up going through Carswell we're screwed.
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the team's facebook account, the Raiders have signed CB Chimdi Chekwa, OC Collin Miller, DT Vaughn Meatoga, RB Jeremy Stewart to the practice squad.

Would have liked to see Dominique Hamilton on the PS

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!

Last edited by BigMike1b on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
According to the team's facebook account, the Raiders have signed CB Chimdi Chekwa, OC Collin Miller, DT Vaughn Meatoga, RB Jeremy Stewart.

Would have liked to see Dominique Hamilton on the PS

Must not have seen what they wanted in Hamilton. Interested in hearing more about Meatoga. Hawaii I believe?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Vaughn Meatoga is seen as a one gap 4-3 NT/DT."

per Levi Damien

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: