Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams trade WR Greg Salas to Pats for late rounder in 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 47083
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm curious, between Salas, Pettis and Gibson, which do you think has the most upside to do well in the Pats' offense?
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stlblackshirt


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 255
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
So I'm curious, between Salas, Pettis and Gibson, which do you think has the most upside to do well in the Pats' offense?


Gibson is terrible, but between Pettis and Salas, it's probably Salas. Most versatile, maybe the best hands, and good quickness. He's a great fit in the McDaniels' slot.
_________________
Wishlist for 2013: WR, FS, OL, OLB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
So I'm curious, between Salas, Pettis and Gibson, which do you think has the most upside to do well in the Pats' offense?
In Pats offense? There's no doubt it's Salas.

The Pats offense is perfect for guys like Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Lloyd, etc. Salas isn't a physical specimen by any means, and isn't too fast, but he does everything else really well. Very good route runner, fantastic hands catcher, and is tough as heck.

Those type of receivers tend to thrive in New England. Whenever Salas earns the trust of Tom Brady, he will be a reception machine.

With all of that said, he wasn't a good fit for what the Rams are looking for in WR's.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3817
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Sometimes I think the Rams are about to turn the corner finally and then they do something completely stupid.


I'm detecting a level of pessimism that Jrry32 doesn't usually displays. What's up with that?

IMO, Salas was never going to be anything more than a mediocre slot receiver, if that. I'm not sure I agree with trading him, considering the state of our WR core, but he really didn't have a place on this team in the long run. Fisher is clearly mortgaging the present in order to build for the future.

If it works, we will all celebrate. If not........let's not think about that yet, it is too soon.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.


Last edited by The J.R.S. on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Against_me


Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 156
Location: Manchester
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZY0W1HLsoo

This is how I feel about it
_________________
Adopt a Ram:

Stedman Bailey

receiving - 17 rec 226 yards avg 15.4
rushing - 2 att 33 yards 1 td

Ray Ray Armstrong

13 tackles 0 FF 1 FR 0 Int 0 Sacks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramsfan28


Moderator
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 6997
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little disappointing, he looked good when he was healthy. But I'm starting to see that he didn't fit the offense. New England is going to turn him into a superstar. He was one of the few bright spots in McD's offense, and now he's going to have Brady throwing to him. Belichick sure knows how to turn one man's trash into another man's treasure.
_________________


Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF


ViolentMonk71 wrote:


We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1840
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldnt it have been Gibson Sad Sad
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40028
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Why couldnt it have been Gibson Sad Sad


Because he isn't even worth a late round pick in 2020.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4066
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sometimes I think the Rams are about to turn the corner finally and then they do something completely stupid.


I'm detecting a level of pessimism that Jrry32 doesn't usually displays. What's up with that?

IMO, Salas was never going to be anything more than a mediocre slot receiver, if that. I'm not sure I agree with trading him, considering the state of our WR core, but he really didn't have a place on this team in the long run. Fisher is clearly mortgaging the present in order to build for the future.

If it works, we will all celebrate. If not........let's not think about that yet, it is too soon.

Salas was jrry's boy, even back before the 2011 draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3817
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sometimes I think the Rams are about to turn the corner finally and then they do something completely stupid.


I'm detecting a level of pessimism that Jrry32 doesn't usually displays. What's up with that?

IMO, Salas was never going to be anything more than a mediocre slot receiver, if that. I'm not sure I agree with trading him, considering the state of our WR core, but he really didn't have a place on this team in the long run. Fisher is clearly mortgaging the present in order to build for the future.

If it works, we will all celebrate. If not........let's not think about that yet, it is too soon.

Salas was jrry's boy, even back before the 2011 draft.


Oh yeah, nice spot JJab.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group