Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF's NFC East Top 20 (All caught up)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
LOL @ inferring Eli is elite

I didn't write that...but its hard to disagree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to disagree? He threw less TD's and more INT's than an injured Romo - what's to disagree with? Because his team has won? Please... that's a ridiculous cop out - funny how it applies to Eli being Elite but when Aikman comes up, he was a product of his team.

Sig courtesy of mack.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Hard to disagree? He threw less TD's and more INT's than an injured Romo - what's to disagree with? Because his team has won? Please... that's a ridiculous cop out - funny how it applies to Eli being Elite but when Aikman comes up, he was a product of his team.

Because he has led his team to two super bowl victories. Yeah, that kind of matters when ranking quarterbacks unfortunately

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ mixing up infer and imply

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Because he has led his team to two super bowl victories. Yeah, that kind of matters when ranking quarterbacks unfortunately

So I guess you think Plunkett was elite?

Keep believing the Hype

Sig courtesy of mack.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Keep believing the Hype

Well I never saw Plunkett play, so I can't say anything about that. But the fact is, the guy shows up when it matters. I love Romo and hate Eli as much as the next guy, but you have to give credit where its due

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Keep believing the Hype

Well I never saw Plunkett play, so I can't say anything about that. But the fact is, the guy shows up when it matters. I love Romo and hate Eli as much as the next guy, but you have to give credit where its due

FM30, he'll NEVER get it. He will still rank a QB who repeatedly choked in the playoffs (and at home no less) higher than Aikman because the other QB had better regular season stats. MH has NEVER factored in the importance of playing at an elite level when it matters most into the equation.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Keep believing the Hype

FM30, he'll NEVER get it. He will still rank a QB who repeatedly choked in the playoffs (and at home no less) higher than Aikman because the other QB had better regular season stats. MH has NEVER factored in the importance of playing at an elite level when it matters most into the equation.

Wrong again Slam - I just don't ignore an entire season either. I consider performance in regular and postseason play as a whole. And I never said Eli was a poor QB - simply that he wasn't elite. Course that's up to interpretation since I don't think Elite is a term used for more than 10% of the population.

Sig courtesy of mack.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 and #1 up

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least they got Ware right

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: