Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: 20-16 Loss = Postgame Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Week 1: 20-16 Loss = Postgame Talk Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (0-0)

@

Arizona Cardinals (0-0)

And now it's....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!

We take you to the away teams sideline on Sunday, where Pete and the players get set for kickoff.

Pete Carroll: Alright guys this is where we put a stamp on the 2012 season and show the rest of the league that we're a team to be reckoned with!

Several Players: Yea!

Carroll: On 3 lemme hear COMPETE! 1-2-3...

Team: COMPETE!!!

Carroll: Let's get warmed up boys!

Marcus Trufant: Coach, where's Matt Hasselbeck at? I was gonna go over some last minute game adjustments with him.

Carroll: Hasselbeck? Well I'm not exactly sure but I assume Tennesseee. You know he's not on the team anymore....right?

Trufant: Say whut!? If Hasselbeck isn't on the team who the hell is our QB? Trent Dilfer?

Carroll: Sweet Neptune, no, that guy just spends his days pretending to be a good QB.

Max Unger: Coach, I can't find Tarvaris anywhere.

Carroll: Well, did you look in Buffalo?

Unger: No, why would he be at Buffalo Wild Wings? I know their Sunday deals are great on the Plate O' Wings, but he takes this game too seriously to eat on the job.

Carroll: Buffalo Wild....what the hell are you people talking about? We traded Tarvaris to the Buffalo Bills, do you people even read the news paper these days? Or even show up to practice?

Unger: Well golly coach, you could've told us you traded him! Now who to we look to as our starter!?

Carroll: Russell Wilson....and I did tell you. We had a big press conference about the whole thing....

Carroll: Raise your hand if you're an idiot.

Unger: Doh....uh....

Leroy Hill: Coach! Coach! Pete! Petey! Peeeeete! Coach Pete! Peter!

Carroll: YES LEROY WHAT I'M RIGHT HERE!?

Hill: Coach, I think the Cardinals are planning something big.

Carroll: What do you mean son? Do they have some kinda trick play they're planning to use?

Hill: Even worse....I was just down in the locker room checking on my taking a pregame wiz when I look up on the TV to see Kurt Warner as one of the analysts on NFL Network. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he can't be here and there at the same time.

Carroll: Wow....when was the last time you were drug tested?

Hill: Coach, I don't know what to do. I've been studying game tape of Kurt Warner all week.

Carroll: You have? Good god....I should really pay attention to what you guys do more.

Carroll: Hi. Mom? All of my players are acting really weird. Do you have any advice?

Matt Flynn: *takes Pete's phone and hangs it up* No need to call me Coach, I'm right here.

Carroll: That was my moth--

Flynn: No, really, you don't need to thank me for saving your minutes. I just wanted to tell you that I'm really excited to start today. I know I'll prove to you I'm a franchise guy.

Carroll: Wow, you really don't know who's starting? You're on the bench Matt.

Flynn: Haha, good joke. I thought that was all just one of your funny pranks you always pull. Ha. Ha. Are you doing this because I wore my hat backwards!? I'M SORRY, I SWEAR I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN, SEE!! I'LL DANCE LIKE YOUR LITTLE MONKEY!

Ken Whisenhunt: Pete, I gotta be honest with ya buddy. If you could tell your guys to take it easy on Skelton I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise we have to put Kolb in and no one wants to see that....not even you.

The game goes to the 4th quarter where Russell Wilson is driving for the winning touchdown

Warren Moon: 3rd and 6. Wilson takes the snap....pass rush coming to his left, he escapes the pressure! Runs to the right and he's being chased from behind! He gets the 1st down!

Dave Sims: But it looks as if he's down and holding his pinky finger on his non-throwing hand! This could be a really serious injury that happens to sit him out for the remainder of this game that only has 10 seconds left!

Moon: I'm curious to see what Pete does here and Portis isn't on the active roster and Flynn is reportedly ruled questionable for return with a bruised ego.

Back down to the sideline where there is chaos over what the team has to do.

Darrell Bevell: Pete! What're we gonna do! This is for the game and we have no one to take the snap.

Tom Cable: We're doomed Pete, DOOMED! I see no other way out!

Carroll: You guys! Get ahold of yourselves! We still have one option!

Cable: Oh god...you don't mean -- no, we could never do it. It's too dangerous!

Bevell: But Pete what about the children!? Think of the children!

Carroll: I'm sure guys...but it has to be done................

....RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. It's time to open up the promising 2012 season versus the ugly Cardinals. As always, Give 'em hell.

Prediction: 31-13 W

Analysis: And we have a Rivalry Alert! The Seahawks were 1-1 against the Cardinals last season, defeating them at home against Kevin Kolb but losing on the road against Jon Skelton. Skelton has been named the starter for this game but I feel this team is much improved and should handle a questionable Cardinals team quite easily. Russell Wilson looks decent, but it's the running game that really gets us going as Marshawn goes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs. Braylon Edwards has a big game as well and the defense intercepts a turnover-prone Cardinals offense 3 times. The game is never really close after the first half. The season series between these two teams has tended to be split 1-1 in recent seasons, though this is the first year in a while that Seattle may have the noticeably better team.

Offensive player of the game: Marshawn Lynch - Russell Wilson is getting all the hype from our team, but Lynch has reportedly been the best looking offensive player all offseason and looks primed for a breakout season in 2012 after working hard this offseason.

Defensive player of the game: Kam Chancellor - Chancellor has looked even better this offseason than he did last year and he appears ready to take someone's head off. I think he definitely account for at least one of the turnovers in this game and is all over the field with another big hit.

I have a lot of confidence in this game. I think we come out week 1 and really show the league we're for real. Hopefully we don't disappoint. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
hdshot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no SOS! You threw the whole kitchen sink at this one. Surprised

I claim no credit or resposibility for any of the jokes told in this story! Wink

Here is a card coach getting the team ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNEZK6VUs8&feature=related

Last edited by hdshot on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
imani

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a great game. Should be interesting to see how we come out with Wilson, and how he comes out with us. I expect there to be a slow approach to start and then a few trick plays/misdirections here and there to try to throw the cardinals off....followed by a steady balanced offensive gameplan for the remainder. Pete always likes to do the opposite of what's expected

Most important thing to improve for us this year? TOP. We need to come out and control the game, keep the defense rested and withhold a steady rhythm throughout. Our offense was completely unfair to our defense at times last year, too many three and outs. Especially in the first quarter

I'll be looking for at least 5 first downs in the 1st QTR next sunday, thats a good start. Hopefully wilson can get through this without a TO, he doesn't seem like the type to get rattled or lose confidence...but this is still a division rivalry game, on the road for his first career start. Don't need any unnecessary influence.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god, by the time I got done reading all of that my left eye stopped working. Very Happy

Very good story SoS, You weren't very far off of the score prediction from my thinking, I have the Hawks winning 35-10.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
imani

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to stir the pot (but to stir the pot) i doubt we win by as much as you guys think. They may struggle on offense, but that doesn mean their defense isn't still a top 15 unit at its worst. I'd be suprised if we got much more than 20-24 in this game. Actually, i'd be willing to bet we dont surpass 28 in this game and i'm 90% sure we don't get there. I do think our D will hold them to the teens or less, but that doesn mean we are just going to light up the scoreboard. The most points scored against AZ last year was 34, we're not passing that coming out week one IMO. It's not doubting the seahawks, as much as it is respecting our opponent. Lets not get carried away

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=742&line=239798&spln=1

Arizona Cardinals OL, Jeremy Bridges IR'd and will not participate on sunday. Don't know if he starts or not, but i do know he's a versatile player on their Oline

wwhickok wrote:

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good game, I expect the score to be close but for the Seahawks to control the game if that makes sense. You know those games where the score makes the game seem closer than it actually was. Anyway, the cardinals offense is in constant disarray other than fitz but their defense is still pretty legit, they were one of the better units late in the season.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I expect a bit of miscommunication, especially with guys like Zach Miller and Doug Baldwin, who haven't had a lot of game time (if any) with Russ.

The D will be fine though.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Not to stir the pot (but to stir the pot) i doubt we win by as much as you guys think. They may struggle on offense, but that doesn mean their defense isn't still a top 15 unit at its worst. I'd be suprised if we got much more than 20-24 in this game. Actually, i'd be willing to bet we dont surpass 28 in this game and i'm 90% sure we don't get there. I do think our D will hold them to the teens or less, but that doesn mean we are just going to light up the scoreboard. The most points scored against AZ last year was 34, we're not passing that coming out week one IMO. It's not doubting the seahawks, as much as it is respecting our opponent. Lets not get carried away

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we see Skelton on his behind alot this game. Clem and Bruce gonna bring the HEAT!!!

Just watched the Hawks/Raiders game, all giddy about see Bruce put some serious pressure on Pryor.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw on Hawk Blogger's twitter that he retweeted some random person saying that they saw Tate on crutches at the UW game and sound's like he will most likely miss 2-3 weeks wouldn't surprise me in the bit his knee bent in a awkward position.

Funny story by the way SOS don't know if we will blow them out i think it will be lower scoring only because we will rely on the run game a lot.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on, not only the story, but on getting this thread going so early, SoS.

My keys to the game, as they always are, are O and D line. Obviously, the Cards are a hot mess on their O-line and that could spell disaster for Skelton and/or Kolb. We MUST get a consistent push into their backfield. Our run D should be around the top 5 so Beanie Wells doesn't really concern me, but we have to get pressure on Skelton consistently and we must legally rough him up to stop him from getting into a rhythm with Larry Fitzgerald. That's the one offensive weapon that they have that we don't have much of an answer for. He torched us last year, even after we bruised his lung and had him coughing up blood. I would definitely be willing to bring some heat via the blitz early to see what Skelton is made of. The loss of Levi Brown for the Cards could prove devastating and we need to exploit that.

For our O-line, we really need to get our run game going early to take the pressure off Wilson. As someone already stated, the Cards D is still a higher end D in the league and they can cause fits for even the best QB's, with their defensive play calling. With our O-line being much better in run blocking than in pass pro, we need to establish a domination of the LoS and open big holes for Lynch and Turbin to pound and soften up the interior of the Cards D. That should open up the play action for Wilson and make his life a lot easier. I'm just as excited as everyone else in here to see what Wilson can do during the regular season, but I'm also pretty conservative about just throwing a guy out there and putting the whole O on his shoulders.

I'm going to predict a grinder of a game, but I think our D will be better than Arizona's and our ball hawking secondary will make plays on Skelton and get the turnovers necessary to get us the win.

Seahawks 17
Cardinals 9

Sheldon Cooper
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't call this game a blow out for us on the ROAD. Skelton does not look pretty but seems to get in done. Wilson has the tools to make it look easy and scrap games out for wins as well. Wilson looked good against kc but I took in account what their fans were saying about injuries and the radiers, was he holding back or did he just have a bad day? To many question marks for me on game day to call it a win. If Wilson can make the passing game a legit threat then our running game will explode. Martin must of already been inked in against the radiers because he only saw one pass that game from Flynn. I expect him to get some short tosses from Wilson in 1 on 1 coverage to get a groove on. Baldwin should get seperation for catches 10+ yards. Then Rice will get a TD bomb and catches 20+ yards. Once the Hawks force AZ to spread the field our running game will take over. I believe AZ plan is to stop the run 1st and let Wilson prove himself in the NFL.

Our D will fustrate them but will Skelton hang in making plays happen with fitz? We will need a turnover early on D or special teams to give Wilson a extra series in good field position.

If the game plan comes togethor and Wilson starts seeing himself for real in the NFL then we win 20-10. If Wilson has 2 ints and many 3 and outs our running game will be stuffed and lose 6-17.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to see Russell Wilson silence his critics once again. They've stopped saying he's too short to play. Now it's the defenses game planning for him.

Seahawks 27 -10

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Not to stir the pot (but to stir the pot) I'd be suprised if we got much more than 20-24 in this game.

I agree; however, I think we are going to get a score on D or special teams to make it 31-17.

The biggest mismatch in this game is going to be our Dline vs their Oline. They are in absolute shambles right now. Clem, Jones, Bryant, Branch, Bane, and Irvin are going to have a field day. The further we get up, the more sacks we are going to get. Def think we have a pick 6 or a fumble returned for TD.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: