Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1- MNF- Bengals @ Ravens- Gameday
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Week 1- MNF- Bengals @ Ravens- Gameday Reply with quote

Bengals at Ravens- 7PM- ESPN

Time to get this going! Now that we know what the teams look like, we can focus on the Ravens week 1. This is a huge game to start the year, and the world's eyes will be on us come Monday night. We need to start fast and play 4 quarters.

Some thoughts:
-It will be easier with Suggs not playing, the Ravens OLBs have not looked very good.
-The Ravens have some speed at WR, and Torrey Smith could have a big night against our weaker secondary.
-It will be interesting to see how things go at C, with Kyle Cook out. Wonder if Faine will start week 1.
-Hopefully we can get the ground game going to open up some deep passes to AJ.

FINAL PREDICTION:
BENGALS-24
RAVENS-20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On offense, i'm actually more excited to see Gresham than Green for now. I think he could have a monster year. One of the most talented TEs in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zacapr22 wrote:
On offense, i'm actually more excited to see Gresham than Green for now. I think he could have a monster year. One of the most talented TEs in the game.

He will never get elite numbers because they'll use him as an inline blocker a lot. That's ok with me, because it's a great facet of his game. But as far as getting national recognition, he'll never get it.

I do hope they let him go on more medium routes this year. They played him short way too much, where he couldn't take advantage of his speed.

I think the Ravens take this game. Last year i predicted 2-4 wins i think. That worked out in our favor. This year i'll predict 5-7 wins. Until this team proves it can beat the good teams, i'll continue to be a skeptic.

19-10 Ravens.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with J. Not only do I not expect Gresham to have a year that we would all love him to, but I think we lose this game. Our O line is outmatched in the middle and I am not sold on our defense especially without Dunlap.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be honest, i don't think were going to win this game. But thats ok. I think we play all our division games relatively close (except for Pitt last year) and this one should also be a one score game.

What I'm worried about is our interior O-line. This defence is tough enough to run on already, losing Cook did us no favours. Webb should be all over Green. They will double the pants off em. Binns/Tate have to show some worth. But i agree with the earlier post, Gresham should have a big game.

Ravens 20 - Bengals 13
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I think we lose this game.

Yeah, I do not feel good about this game either.

Our inexperienced interior O line is gonna struggle against their front 7; even without Suggs; and I don't think were going to be able to run the ball too well. Dalton is going to have to get it out real quick.

I'd like to think Gresham has a big game, but I suspect he's going to be blocking most of the time. I suspect Roland plays a bit as an extra blocker in there too.
AJ will see alot of double-teams, so our #2 & 3 receivers will be important short.

Ravens have scored 27 per game in pre-season. Don't see us giving up 21+ points, but I sadly don't see us scoring 22+ points either.

Hope I'm wrong.......
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see everyone so confident. Lol. I think it will definitely close, I just have a gut feeling we pull this one out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Glad to see everyone so confident. Lol. I think it will definitely close, I just have a gut feeling we pull this one out

I'm glad one of us is confident. Maybe 2006 and 2010 took all the confidence out of me.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative Nancy's

Bengals 23
Ravens 20

AJ Green with a big TD catch, Dalton leads one long drive with a punch in by BJGE, then three field goals by Nug.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Kirkpatrick, Dunlap, and Scott gonna be out. Dunlap needs to stay healthy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Was going to go Ravens, but that would go against my stance of just copying what johndeere's prediction is, Laughing

I think the Bengals will get overwhelmed early and get down something like 17-3. Zimmer does what Zimmer does to shut down the Ravens and get us back into the game. We end up losing 24-17.

But now I think we'll win 24-17. Taylor Mays gonna knock the snot out of some Ravens (and hopefully not any Bengals)...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Was going to go Ravens, but that would go against my stance of just copying what johndeere's prediction is, Laughing

I think the Bengals will get overwhelmed early and get down something like 17-3. Zimmer does what Zimmer does to shut down the Ravens and get us back into the game. We end up losing 24-17.

But now I think we'll win 24-17. Taylor Mays gonna knock the snot out of some Ravens (and hopefully not any Bengals)...

Thank goodness. If you weren't predicting a W, I would have lost hope

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Thank goodness. If you weren't predicting a W, I would have lost hope

Was worried with the injuries piling up, but I'm glad to hear that Law Firm, Dalton and Gresham are all practicing fully...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
futbudds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our D better even with Dunlap injured. Flacco and Red will both have good games imo but I think we win the turnover battle and the game.

Bengals 24
Ravens 20
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Taylor Mays gonna knock the snot out of some Ravens (and hopefully not any Bengals)...

Yeah; Mays is a guy I'm gonna be watching closely. Someone needs to remind him the bad guys will be in purple.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: