You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steven Jackson

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Steven Jackson Reply with quote

I have noticed that Steven Jackson has danced around more this year, than just running lower and still using his speed. Our run blocking has been awful this year, in my opinion. The only way Jackson gets yards is when he breaks off a 20 yard run, or 35 yard run. Really, our run game hasn't been consistent all year. This is why we are losing games. Steven Jackson is not consistently rushing, week in week out. I think that losing a good blocking tight end in Conwell, hurt us in the long run rushing.

Also, Linehan doesn't have a very creative run playbook. The run plays that he calls are so predictable at times. I know Jackson has done well in overall yards, and receiving out of the back-field. But the Rams can not run the ball consistently, and thats why we are losing games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i think that you are completely wrong.

the only time our run game has been bad has been inside the 20. REcent weeks has made me believe this is getting better too.
The Hamburgler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S Jackson is a stud and he is still coming into his own. He still has to learn when to just hit the hole and when to be patient.
On a similar note, there's no way he's only 231 pounds (stlouisrams.com). The guy looks like a mountain out there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have great instincts. He is a good RB because of physical assets alone. If he was able to "get" better instincts then he would be a true force in the league. As of now, he is a very good RB but not elite. I have no problem with having a very good RB.
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Steven Jackson Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
I have noticed that Steven Jackson has danced around more this year, than just running lower and still using his speed. Our run blocking has been awful this year, in my opinion. The only way Jackson gets yards is when he breaks off a 20 yard run, or 35 yard run. Really, our run game hasn't been consistent all year. This is why we are losing games. Steven Jackson is not consistently rushing, week in week out. I think that losing a good blocking tight end in Conwell, hurt us in the long run rushing.

Also, Linehan doesn't have a very creative run playbook. The run plays that he calls are so predictable at times. I know Jackson has done well in overall yards, and receiving out of the back-field. But the Rams can not run the ball consistently, and thats why we are losing games.

LOL you've seen 9 rams games now and you think that our running game is the reason were losing?!
hahahahahaha

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
He doesn't have great instincts. He is a good RB because of physical assets alone. If he was able to "get" better instincts then he would be a true force in the league. As of now, he is a very good RB but not elite. I have no problem with having a very good RB.

How is steven jackson not elite? As of now i have him at no.5 on my list of best rbs in the nfl. He has the 6th most rush yds and hes playing behind a pretty poor oline, especially when it comes to run blocking. Also, hes probably even higher up in the stats in overall yds from scrimmage. His instincts may not be great at times, but i still think steven jackson is an elite running back.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
titan52490

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:

Last week was the first time I have seen him run through the hole.

If he continues to do that he will be elite.

Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:

How is steven jackson not elite? As of now i have him at no.5 on my list of best rbs in the nfl. He has the 6th most rush yds and hes playing behind a pretty poor oline, especially when it comes to run blocking. Also, hes probably even higher up in the stats in overall yds from scrimmage. His instincts may not be great at times, but i still think steven jackson is an elite running back.

If you're 6'2 235 and struggle to get first downs on third and one then you're not elite in my book. Those should be his bread and butter plays. His instincts, or lack thereof, hold him back from being elite. A guy like him should get 3 yards on every play, and break some long runs. However, he is inconsistent and his yards are inflated by his long runs. I'd rather have a consistent runner like LT or Portis than Jackson. That being said, I'm perfectly content having Jackson on the Rams. Our running game is the least of our troubles (see the entire defense).
sackmaster91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:

If you're 6'2 235 and struggle to get first downs on third and one then you're not elite in my book. Those should be his bread and butter plays. His instincts, or lack thereof, hold him back from being elite. A guy like him should get 3 yards on every play, and break some long runs. However, he is inconsistent and his yards are inflated by his long runs. I'd rather have a consistent runner like LT or Portis than Jackson. That being said, I'm perfectly content having Jackson on the Rams. Our running game is the least of our troubles (see the entire defense).

IMO he is very valuble to our team. Although he is inconsistent running, he is not inconsistent in the pass game. To have 450 yards recieving for a RB after 9 games is awesome. I don't mind if he is inconsistent because our recievers are better at running deeper routes than shorter ones anyway. So if Jax only gets a yard or 2 on first, we are still in pretty good shape as long as our offensive line holds up. I agree though that he would be great if he just followed his blocks, and I saw some of that last game too. Hecontinues that trend, watch out NFL.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well besides the obvious, our defense totally sucks.

I think that our running game could be better though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: