Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Preseason Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I think LB is only a need if you are looking for a #1 guy to replace Daryl.
Stanford needs reps, but I think he can take over for Session without the drop off.

I was going off of what we've seen so far/know. We need a third LB. I hope he's on our roster, but who knows whether they end up panning out. Otherwise I agree with what you said.

Do Stanford or Marshall have good starting potential? Not just a Russell Allen type of player?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I think LB is only a need if you are looking for a #1 guy to replace Daryl.
Stanford needs reps, but I think he can take over for Session without the drop off.

I was going off of what we've seen so far/know. We need a third LB. I hope he's on our roster, but who knows whether they end up panning out. Otherwise I agree with what you said.

I actually really like Stanford, but I think Russell gets the nod over him initially...Brandon Marshall also, looked good, allbeit in end time.

#JDI

iPwn wrote:
Someone gave me about 8-inches .
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
LB and OL are bigger needs. And pass rusher, WR and TE too if you're only basing it off of preseason and injuries like you are for CB.

Cox is elite when healthy and everyone else is fine. We have solid depth, and good development guys at CB.

I'd pretty much agree with this.

OL was a problem that went unattended this summer, hopefully next season we'll see some work done to shore that up.

LB is a position where we need to infuse top-end youth. We have some pieces there, some good players, some useful depth...but with Sessions' situation, and Smith where he's at in his career...it would be a very good idea to bring in some exciting youngsters who can be high-end starters in the not too distant future..

Pass rush does still need another piece at DE likely, though it doesn't necessarily have to be a total stud.

WR will depend on if Robinson ever gets his act together here. But i do think it's important to continue developing depth there at the very least.

I'd even at RB in as position of need, depending on how this MJD situation plays out. If MJD ends up out the door, RB becomes a serious need position for us come draft day. Someone who can be dynamic and effective splitting carries with Jennings.

CB is way down the list of needs for me right now tbh.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way you slice it, we need OL help NOW. We will need LB help shortly. I think our DEs and RBs will be okay for a year or 2 until we see what they can really do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: