Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason, Week 4: Vikings at Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Rosenfels - What Sage has shown during the preseason (and over the course of his career) is that there's no reason as to why he should ever see an NFL field. Put simply, he's just a bad QB. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all and maybe he has some great input to give to the QBs based on his 12 total starts over the course of his career but the simple fact remains, for a team as bad as this one, is that you're doing yourself a great disservice by wasting a roster spot on a guy like this. And god forbid he actually gets into a game and we as fans have to put up with watching him attempt to hold his head above water. Nothing says you can't bring him back as a coach as that's more or less what they'd be admitting what he is by keeping him on roster.

an opinion of agreement with you here:

The Vikings may insist that Rosenfels will be kept around because of his veteran intelligence and the mentoring he can provide Ponder and Webb behind the scenes. But Ponder and Webb also have plenty of guidance coming from quarterbacks coach Craig Johnson and offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, a quarterback guru himself. And letís face it, if the Vikings are forced to play a third quarterback at any point this season, things have gotten pretty bad. So why not give Bethel-Thompson a longer look?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/168105596.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fan attending the Texansí preseason game against the Vikings at Reliant Stadium on Thursday night fell off an escalator and died.

Houston police classified the death as accidental and said the man was trying to slide down the outside hand rail of the escalator when he fell three stories. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/texans-fan-dies-in-fall-at-reliant-stadium/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
this providence wrote:
Rosenfels - What Sage has shown during the preseason (and over the course of his career) is that there's no reason as to why he should ever see an NFL field. Put simply, he's just a bad QB. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all and maybe he has some great input to give to the QBs based on his 12 total starts over the course of his career but the simple fact remains, for a team as bad as this one, is that you're doing yourself a great disservice by wasting a roster spot on a guy like this. And god forbid he actually gets into a game and we as fans have to put up with watching him attempt to hold his head above water. Nothing says you can't bring him back as a coach as that's more or less what they'd be admitting what he is by keeping him on roster.

an opinion of agreement with you here:

The Vikings may insist that Rosenfels will be kept around because of his veteran intelligence and the mentoring he can provide Ponder and Webb behind the scenes. But Ponder and Webb also have plenty of guidance coming from quarterbacks coach Craig Johnson and offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, a quarterback guru himself. And letís face it, if the Vikings are forced to play a third quarterback at any point this season, things have gotten pretty bad. So why not give Bethel-Thompson a longer look?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/168105596.html

Or just use 2 QBs on the season, and give that roster spot to another player?

Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. I hate the active roster idea on gameday, I wish the NFL would abolish it.

But that one extra spot could go to a guy who's really looked good, and can help our team out a bit. Whether thats Asiata, or Nick Reed etc.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to watch the game, but from the highlights, I liked a lot of what the Vikes showed on offense, but they made too many blunders.

Looking at Todman's TD run, I don't think any of the other RBs on the roster make that run - except for Adrian, of course. Although it was against 2s-3s-4s, it was an impressive run. Read the blocks well, cut, slid off a tackler and turned on the gas -- very nice play. That type of ability needs to be on the active roster.

I think the safeties looked lost a lot and gave up some really big plays. Tackling by Frampton and Co was atrocious on some plays. I think Smith, Raymond, Blanton and Sanford (or maybe Sendejo) will make it. The ole' slate's going to be wiped clean there.

When the Vikes cut Tydreke Powell, I was curious who they were intrigued by . . . apparently Chase Baker's that guy. I was an anchor at Boise St, and held his own against big time O-Linemen (Big 12, SEC etc.) Given his stat line, it's hard to believe he'll get totally cut.

As for WRs, I think Speilman needs to go out and get one of the GB youngsters -- not that Ted will be willing to trade in the division. Should Gurley, Borel or Moss make the waiver-wire, there'd better be someone in purple snagging a WR like them.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were talking about Jon Sullivan's facial hair on the radio last night. Anyone get a picture of it? It sounded impressive.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the replay, nice gem from Bercich: "Not that Sage is in any danger of losing his job."
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Watching the replay, nice gem from Bercich: "Not that Sage is in any danger of losing his job."

Somewhat of a shocker, but generally team's dont carry 3 QBs as often as before and when they do, you usually keep a developmental type player.

I think in the end, it really came down to Webb vs Rosenfels and the staff felt more comfortable with Webb. MBT was likely assured that #3 QB spot. Or perhaps they simply wanted Rosenfels leadership and mentor skills to get Ponder through camp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: