Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins and Packers discussing James Jones Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
wiscsports1234 wrote:
I think Gurley being cut ends any discussion of a James Jones trade.

Why? Boykin has been the better WR?

In the games against 3rd stringers. Id be pissed if I was Borel and Gurley, they should have played the whole last 3 quarters in the 3 pre-season games they were in. Harrell couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in two of them, and Gurley looked pretty good in the last one. Gurley was the best red zone threat among all of them in practice. For a guy who denied a chance on a 53 man roster for a chance at ours, he shouldn't have been pulled in games for #7, Dale Moss or Andrew Brewer, play him the whole game.

I think they're smart enough to realize they aren't only graded during pre-season games with terrible Oline play. Practices probably make up 75% of the grading process.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
wiscsports1234 wrote:

In the games against 3rd stringers. Id be pissed if I was Borel and Gurley, they should have played the whole last 3 quarters in the 3 pre-season games they were in. Harrell couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in two of them, and Gurley looked pretty good in the last one. Gurley was the best red zone threat among all of them in practice. For a guy who denied a chance on a 53 man roster for a chance at ours, he shouldn't have been pulled in games for #7, Dale Moss or Andrew Brewer, play him the whole game.

I think they're smart enough to realize they aren't only graded during pre-season games with terrible Oline play. Practices probably make up 75% of the grading process.
It's not like Borel and Gurley were shinning models of consistency, they had their shares of drops and communication errors. They had to know their chances were slim at best, they're 4's or 5's in the league, those don't typically have long shelf lives so if they were able to refine their game during the 'extra' 9 months with the team learning from some of the best in the business they might squeeze another 2-3 seasons out of their careers opposed to having gone to and been stunted on a team like Miami, Jacksonvills, Jets, Tampa, etc.

I didn't realize the Packers were short on red zone targets and had trouble getting in the end zone. Now we're just going to have to be stuck with Finley, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver, Jones... most overplayed thing about Gurley I've heard all summer! Best red zone target! Rodgers had no problems last year finding open receivers in the end zone last year, those same receivers were also viable between the 20's, where I'll argue Gurley is limited.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/dolphins-talking-trade-with-redskins-for-anthony-armstrong/

The deal would be for steve slaton, maybe this is what was offered for James Jones?

I wouldn't do that deal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/dolphins-talking-trade-with-redskins-for-anthony-armstrong/

The deal would be for steve slaton, maybe this is what was offered for James Jones?

I wouldn't do that deal.

slaton and a pick and i'd be alright with it. slaton is solid screen back and i'd like us to add some screens and draws.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

I wouldn't do that deal.

slaton and a pick and i'd be alright with it. slaton is solid screen back and i'd like us to add some screens and draws.
Has he done anything since his rookie year? Unless Alex Green has a setback you're pretty much getting his backup for a valuable passing threat. No thanks, don't want Slaton on this 53.

Anyone else think it's funny that it's rumored with the Redskins? As if Shanahan doesn't already have a horde of running backs he can't chose between.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
wiscsports1234 wrote:

It's not like Borel and Gurley were shinning models of consistency, they had their shares of drops and communication errors. They had to know their chances were slim at best, they're 4's or 5's in the league, those don't typically have long shelf lives so if they were able to refine their game during the 'extra' 9 months with the team learning from some of the best in the business they might squeeze another 2-3 seasons out of their careers opposed to having gone to and been stunted on a team like Miami, Jacksonvills, Jets, Tampa, etc.

I didn't realize the Packers were short on red zone targets and had trouble getting in the end zone. Now we're just going to have to be stuck with Finley, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver, Jones... most overplayed thing about Gurley I've heard all summer! Best red zone target! Rodgers had no problems last year finding open receivers in the end zone last year, those same receivers were also viable between the 20's, where I'll argue Gurley is limited.

I doubt Gurley and Borel will be unemployed very long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: