Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012/2013 Detroit Lions prediction thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, let's draw attention away from GoLions for a moment.

I predict 6-10. And I refuse to post the rest of my predictions because I don't want to jinx us. I hope we do better, but I see several big problems.
please do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing about having a top QB is that every year the team is in the hunt. That's why teams like Washington spend so much to get a top QB. As long as Stafford stays healthy I think we win 10 games. We have the opportunity to win more but I think that's about the minimum. I do think our team improved with adding depth, which is why we struggled so much down the stretch. Having Fairley and Leshoure back helps a ton. Having Titus get an offseason and improve helps a ton. Having young talented O line,an like Fox and Reiff pushing our starters is good since the starters will be replaced if they fail. Adding Broyles adds another threat on an offense that was hard to handle last year allready. Bringing back so many starters is a huge positive, since continuity and understanding where others will be and how they play improves the team. And most of all is confidence.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
The one thing about having a top QB is that every year the team is in the hunt. That's why teams like Washington spend so much to get a top QB. As long as Stafford stays healthy I think we win 10 games. We have the opportunity to win more but I think that's about the minimum. I do think our team improved with adding depth, which is why we struggled so much down the stretch. Having Fairley and Leshoure back helps a ton. Having Titus get an offseason and improve helps a ton. Having young talented O line,an like Fox and Reiff pushing our starters is good since the starters will be replaced if they fail. Adding Broyles adds another threat on an offense that was hard to handle last year allready. Bringing back so many starters is a huge positive, since continuity and understanding where others will be and how they play improves the team. And most of all is confidence.

My thoughts exactly. After reading Phreak's prediction, I was going to post something like this, but you covered it. I just... I can't see us winning only 6 games.

Bad teams lose by a lot. Average teams lose close games. Good teams find a way to win close games. Great teams win comfortably. We've progressed through the first 3 stages. I don't see us taking a step back.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

My thoughts exactly. After reading Phreak's prediction, I was going to post something like this, but you covered it. I just... I can't see us winning only 6 games.

Bad teams lose by a lot. Average teams lose close games. Good teams find a way to win close games. Great teams win comfortably. We've progressed through the first 3 stages. I don't see us taking a step back.

He also covered why I think we will win 6.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

He also covered why I think we will win 6.

That's cool. Unless Stafford gets hurt, or we get decimated by injuries, I'm confident that we'll win more than 6.

Team Stylish
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

I predict 6-10. And I refuse to post the rest of my predictions because I don't want to jinx us. I hope we do better, but I see several big problems.

6 games!? You're insane. Our passing game is simply too dynamic to lose 10 games, not even taking our pass rush into account. I don't understand the premise behind your prediction.

But hey, I give you credit for at least posting some optimism sometimes Laughing

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here goes off the top of my head....EL20's 2012 Lions predictions

Lions Finish 9-7 Miss The Playoffs and 3rd in the NFC North

Jahvid Best Dosent Play A Game.

Matthew Stafford 36 Tds 16 Ints 4,577 Yards Plays All 16 Games

Calvin Johnson 81 Receptions 1,189 Yards (Plays 14 Games) 11 Tds

Titus Young 59 Receptions 648 Yards 6 Tds

Ndamukong Suh has a better year without setting the world alight like his Rookie Year, Dosent have the negative publicity plays.

Cliff Avril has another good year 38 Tackles 12 Sacks 3 Strip Fumbles.

Secondary continues to be the achilees heel for the team.

Defensive Passing Rank 24th Rushing Rank22nd

Sacks Lions Get 43 Slightly better than last year,

Kevin Smith Plays 7 Games.

Mikel LeShoure comes back from suspension and plays in 14 Games as the starting Running Back.

LeShoure finishes with 889 Rushing yards and 5 Tds

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some obvious holes. Our secondary wasn't terrible last year when healthy but the issue is they rarely are healthy.

Running game and run blocking still are question marks but the offense can overcome that.

I think we can pull an 8-8/9-7 but miss the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the key to this season(other than health) is the play of the D-line. If they play too inconsistent than I could see us going 8-8, however, if they are consistent on a weekly basis, I could see 10-11 wins and another wildcard bid.
studdogs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate predictions especially in “the black and blue division” NFC North...8 & 8... lack of depth!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the talent for sure. But will mistakes hold us back? Injuries? Bad luck? Will our WR's drop less balls? Will our secondary stay healthy? Will our LB's make solid form tackles? Will our D-line play consistently and to their ability? Will the O-line keep Stafford upright? Will our RB's run the the hole? Will the O-line make the hole? Will our players win the turn over battle? Will we be even decent this year in 3rd down? Will we remain string in the red zone on both sides of the ball? Will we be dreadful in ST again? Will our coaches put the players in the best opportunity to win?

There are far too many questions to be answered for me to make an accurate prediction.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

Impressive Phreak.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Impressive Phreak.

TBH, I find it rather unimpressive.

I just didn't see Stafford repeating last years' performance. I think he will still improve over the years and become Favre(which isn't nearly as good as many seem to believe), but we are still early in his career and he has some lessons to learn.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My predictions sucked Laughing

#Mustdobetter

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
*Reserved*

I'll post my predictions shortly.

I'll also sticky this thread so we can see how it goes over the course of the season.

Edit this so you look like a time traveler!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: