Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Roster Predictions & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Final Roster Predictions & Announcements Reply with quote

My Roster Prediction

QB: Flacco, Taylor
RB: Rice, Pierce, Rainey
FB: Leach
WR: Boldin, Smith, Jones, Williams, Doss, Streeter, Thompson
TE: Dickson, Pitta, Bajema
LT: McKinnie
LG: Williams, Osemele
C: Birk, Gradkowski
RG: Yanda
RT: Oher, Reid

DT: Ngata, Hall, Tyson
NT: Cody, Kemoeatu
DE: McPhee, Jones
RUSH: Kruger, McClellan, Williams
WILL: McClain, Ayanbadejo
MIKE: Lewis, Ellerbe
SAM: Upshaw, Kindle
CB: Webb, Smith, Williams, Graham, Gorrer, Jackson
FS: Reed, Brown
SS: Pollard, Thompson

K: Tucker
P: Koch
LS: Cox

The thing I feel least confident about is the bottom of the WR group. It doesn't seem likely that they keep 7 of them but I feel like Streeter and/or Thompson are both better than anybody else that could get a spot. Streeter might be a candidate for one of those questionable IR moves the team likes to make with young guys to keep them with the team. I doubt he would clear waivers if they cut him to put him on the practice squad. Thompson probably would but I think he's played well enough to make the team.

I'm really hoping that they don't waste a roster spot on Considine but I don't trust Harbaugh to let one of "his guys" go. Getting a different veteran backup S via free agency is something very likely in my opinion, and I think Brown would be the guy to go (and end up on the practice squad).

With the versatility of Oher, Yanda, and the depth guys on the OL there isn't much of a reason to carry too many of them. Cornell is a very likely practice squad candidate and I think Boren could end up there too (if he's eligible, I'm not familiar with those rules). Harewood is at the end of his Ravens career in my opinion.

The case could be made for Berry but I think they will only keep 4 guys in the backfield. I can't think of anybody else that sticks out as deserving of a roster spot.

Official Final Cuts & Moves

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Cut-Roster-To-53/00bb124c-0b50-4326-8140-b3baa76bb089

Quote:
Here is the list of players that were waived:

RB Anthony Allen, Georgia Tech
S Omar Brown, Marshall
LB Josh Bynes, Auburn
LB Nigel Carr, Alabama State
G/T Jack Cornell, Illinos
WR Dorian Graham, Syracuse
G/T Cord Howard, Georgia Tech
NT Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor
NT Ishmaa’ily Kitchen, Kent State
G Antoine McClain, Clemson
DE Terrence Moore, Nebraska
QB Curtis Painter, Purdue
WR Logan Payne, Minnesota
S Cyhl Quarles, Wake Forest
OLB Chavis Williams, Alabama
G Tony Wragge, New Mexico

The following players were placed on Injured Reserve:

TE Matt Balasavage, Temple (ankle)
RB Damien Berry, Miami (neck/shoulder)
G/C Justin Boren, Ohio State (foot)
LB Ricky Brown, Boston (head)
TE Bruce Figgins, Georgia (shoulder)
WR Tommy Streeter, Miami (foot)

Last edited by coordinator0 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys I'd like to see make PS is Nigel Carr and Logan Payne. Two guys that aren't ready now, but in the future, two guys I see making some type of impact for an NFL team.

But I like your roster.

I hope Considine is cut. Dude sucks. And I don't really like Omar Brown as a safety. He's not that good in coverage and pretty slow, being out run by a couple guys. I hope he goes to PS, and we sign some sort of vet. I'm not comfortable at all with two rookies as the backup safties.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good list above. I also think we practice squad Logan Payne. I think he could insurance policy behind Doss, just in case he remains too injury prone to develop into the player that we hope is able to replace Boldin when the time comes.

And I agree with the reasoning that we keep both Thompson and Streeter. I just can't see us giving up on Streeter at this early juncture- especially since we knew he would be raw coming into the year. His potential is just too great. And Thompson is just too talented and fast at this point for us to pass up. He brings a legitimate backup to either Smith or Jacoby heading forward just in case one of them goes down. Thompson has both the speed to get deep in that role as well as the quickness to gain quick separation... it'd be a mistake to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Practice Squad eligibility criteria are:

Quote:
To be eligible to be on a teams practice squad, you have to meet one of the following two criteria:

1. If you haven’t been on a practice squad for more than two seasons prior, you can be on a team’s practice squad if:

A. You’ve never accrued an Accrued Season of NFL experience, or

B. If you’re a free agent who was on the Active List for an NFL team for less than nine regular season games during your Accrued Season.

(note: an Accrued Season is counted if you’re on a team’s active or inactive list for six or more games during the season.)

2. You can be on a practice squad for a third year only if the team you’re with during that third season maintains at least 53 players on their Active/Inactive Lists (combined) during your time with the team.

(note: The “active list” is the game day roster of 45 players. The Inactive list are players that are made inactive on game day so the team can get down to 46 players.)

So Boren fits 1A and can be on the PS. I think Logan Payne fits that criteria too even though he is now 4+ years out of college

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

The Ravens have placed sixth-round rookie WR Tommy Streeter on IR, per league source.

It's almost like the team is too predictable in cases like this.

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens are expected to retain offensive lineman Tony Wragge

It makes sense to want a veteran insurance policy if Birk goes down. I don't think Wragge is a better player than Gradkowski though.
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

The Ravens have placed sixth-round rookie WR Tommy Streeter on IR, per league source.

It's almost like the team is too predictable in cases like this.

Quote:

Ravens are expected to retain offensive lineman Tony Wragge

It makes sense to want a veteran insurance policy if Birk goes down. I don't think Wragge is a better player than Gradkowski though.

Well they could now work on streeter for 8 weeks and bring him off IR and activate right? But most likely they'll keep him out all season like they did with McAdoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if that new rule they voted on goes into effect this season. I think they would take advantage of that if it does.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm not sure if that new rule they voted on goes into effect this season. I think they would take advantage of that if it does.

Dont hold me to this but I think that rule does go into effect this year but Streeter wouldn't be eligible for it for a reason I'm not really sure of. I saw on twitter that PFT says players going on IR today aren't eligible but the other day they said the Steelers could use it for decastro. Again, this could be wrong but thats just what i remember reading

Quote:
Note: Any player placed on IR today is not eligible for the new IR procedures where the player can return later in the season.

GO RAVENS!!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Not a surprise, but offensive lineman Ramon Harewood is expected to make the Ravens' active roster. He started at guard last night.

That's surprising for me. I didn't think they would keep him since he's the 3rd string LT. Starting at LG last night wasn't a positive in my opinion.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens rookie safety Omar Brown has been released, according to a league source.

GO RAVENS!!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Tweet came before that one:

Quote:

Ravens veteran safety Sean Considine (concussion) is expected to be ready for the first game. Has made a sound recovery, per league source.

Evil or Very Mad

EDIT - I'm upset about his recovery, just that it looks like he's making the team.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar Brown is released and Sean Considine is still here....

WHAT
THE
FUDGE

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sergio Kindle walks off practice field. Good sign he made the team. Same with Curtis Painter, Chykie Brown, DeAngelo Tyson.

@Ravens

Painter made the team Shocked

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Being at practice today doesn't mean you made the team.

Quote:

Some pending roster moves will involve potential IR or injury waiver decisions: Jah Reid, Figgins, Balasavage, Bynes, R. Brown, Boren

I wonder if Reid's injury is more serious than they let on. Harbuagh said that he should be back soon but like I've said before I don't put a lot of stock into the "information" he gives out in press conferences.

I updated the first post (below my prediction) with a list of the moves being made today.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Quote:
Sergio Kindle walks off practice field. Good sign he made the team. Same with Curtis Painter, Chykie Brown, DeAngelo Tyson.

@Ravens

Painter made the team Shocked

I honestly don't think Taylor showed enough this year in pre-season or training camp to warrant the confidence of the coaching staff in the event of something *knock on wood* happening to Joe. Like him or not, FOR THE MOST PART, Painter at least looked fairly competent throwing the ball during pre-season. I can't say I'm really shocked by his retention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: