Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Finale: Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the game. You know for all the talk I heard on TV and since before the draft about Lindley's arm strength, he actually underthrew quite a few balls. However, his accuracy was better than I expected. I also differ in opinion with the announcers on his decision-making...I thought he had just as many poor decisions as good. He's a rook though, so no real surprise. He looks like someone to further develop, that's for sure.

Powell didn't do enough IMO to secure the 4th RB spot. Good luck, kid!

I need some sleep...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yibbyl is dead on about lindley. he made a lot of nice throws, but he also threw two passes that should have been interceptions. one was dropped, the other was picked off, but a RTP call brought it back(a weak call to). Don't get me wrong, I like what I saw from him. But Wolfley was praising him a little too hard last night.

as far as the 4th RB spot goes...flip a coin really. Powell looked okay, as did Alfonso Smith. I suppose Smith has the better shot because of his ST play like champ has been saying, which makes a lot of sense.

Michael Floyd's TD was amazing...hopefully we see that a lot while he is here in the desert. and Byrd was impressive again, while DeMarco Sampson was awful, just awful. he droped a pass, fumbled, and got called on a holding penalty. his shot at making the team is 50/50 at this point.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyB80 wrote:
sampson has dropped 2 catachable balls one for a fumble i think he gets cut....

Sampson's unlikely to be cut. Good on special teams.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Javarris James sprained his left knee on the play where Bolden scored a TD. He was likely to not make the team but that hurts his chances with another team which is a tough break for him.

Urban says torn ACL for James.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Horrible ball awareness by Butler. Seriously in that situation he could not have played it any worse... How'd Batiste & Massie look overall?

The deep ball he gave up at the end of the game looked like Offense PI, Butler was being pulled down by the WR.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Horrible ball awareness by Butler. Seriously in that situation he could not have played it any worse... How'd Batiste & Massie look overall?

Watching it back, Batiste looked really good and Massie had some struggles. Allowed a sack and got called for a bad hold.

Denver didn't blitz at all though, so this isn't a great indication of anything they'd see this season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if james did tear his ACL will we IR him? if so, that might be good news for him...because he will keep getting paychecks and will get another shot at making the team next year.

sig made by mike23md
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
if james did tear his ACL will we IR him? if so, that might be good news for him...because he will keep getting paychecks and will get another shot at making the team next year.

Depends on what sort of injury settlement it would take from us. It is more likely we go that route.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Watching it back, Batiste looked really good and Massie had some struggles. Allowed a sack and got called for a bad hold.

Denver didn't blitz at all though, so this isn't a great indication of anything they'd see this season.

I agree that Batiste looked good. He especially looked better than Young by comparison because Young would just let the outside rusher have a free pass at the QB while he needlessly helps the left guard out. That happened so frequently this offseason. Batiste was playing smart and looked good, but of course he was playing against non-starters.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: