Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday thread: Denver at Arizona(Filling out the roster)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Gameday thread: Denver at Arizona(Filling out the roster) Reply with quote

I'm going to focus this on the battle for roster spots and depth chart placings.

QB: This basically comes down a straight battle between Caleb Hanie and Brock Osweiler. Peyton Manning will be the starter and Adam Weber will be waived and resigned to the practice squad. Should Osweiler come out on top tonight, Hanie will be cut and we go 2 deep at QB, but personally I reckon Hanie edges him out and Brock will be the developmental 3rd guy.

Projected depth chart: Manning, Hanie, Osweiler

RB: Depending on whether we keep 3 or 4 Running Backs this is either a closed shop on a 2 men going for 1 spot type battle. With McGahee and Hillman both injury risks I'd imagine we will carry 4 RB's, so it's between Knowshon Moreno and Jeremiah Johnson with Moreno just edging on to the team, but he's a prime candidate to be the first man out if we make a roster move after the cuts deadline.

Projected depth chart: McGahee, Ball, Hillman, Moreno

FB: Nothing to see here, Chris Gronkowski has wrapped the gig up.

Projected depth chart: Gronkowski

WR: We know who the starters are, we also know who the primary backups are. Hill, Orton, Robinson and Willis are going for the last spot. I expect Gerrell Robinson to make it to the practice squad, with Jason Hill and Matthew Willis battling it out for the 5th and final main roster spot. Willis wins out due to familiarity, and special teams prowess.

Projected depth chart: Thomas, Decker, Stokley, Caldwell, Willis

TE: The real kicker here is whether we'll keep an extra Tight End whilst Virgil Green is suspended. Bizarrely I think the answer to that may come down to whether we keep two or three QB's. To be honest with my projection that Hanie wins the backup QB job, as well as Chris Gronkowski and Chris Clark's ability to play as a 3rd Tight End, I'm inclined to think we just go 2 deep at TE for now and possibly cut Knowshon Moreno when Green is back in the fold. If we do keep a 3rd TE I believe it will be Cornelius Ingram as opposed to Julius Thomas who has shown nothing.

Projected depth chart: Dreessen, Tamme

OT: Clady and Franklin are entrenched as the starters here. With potentially 10 spots for the offensive line I think both Chris Clark and Ryan Harris will sneak in.

Projected depth charts
LT: Clady, Harris
RT: Franklin, Clark

OG/C: We know that Zane Beadles, JD Walton(Who has come on leaps and bounds) and Chris Kuper are the starters. We also know that Manny Ramirez will be the backup RG. I quite fancy CJ Davis and Phillip Blake as the last 2.

Projected depth charts

LG: Zane Beadles, CJ Davis
C: JD Walton, Phillip Blake
RG: Chris Kuper, Manny Ramirez

DE: We know that Doom and Derek Wolfe are the starters here. We also know that the next 3 are Ayers, Jackson and Beal. Honestly with the amount of spots we have to apportion I expect all three to make the roster.

Projected depth charts

RDE: Dumervil, Beal
LDE: Wolfe, Ayers, Jackson

DT: This looks settled here. Bannan, Vickerson, Warren and Unrein are roster locks. I personally like both Garland and Siliga for the practive squad.

Projected depth chart: Warren, Bannan, Unrein, Vickerson

WLB: We know that DJ Williams is going to the reserve/suspended list. That leaves us with starter Wesley Woodyard who is the only lock to make the roster, Danny Trevathan and Keith Brooking. It comes down to Brooking and the Trev for one spot, and since Brooking has shown nothing and Danny is a special teams demon it looks a no brainer.

Projected depth chart: Woodyard, Trevathan

MLB: Joe Mays is entrenched here as one of the weakest starters on our team, and MLB should be a priority going into next offseason. Unless of course we see promise from backup Steven Johnson.

Projected depth chart: Mays, Johnson

SLB: Von Miller is the best player on our defense. Nate Irving has gained a new lease of life as his backup so this looks pretty simple.

Projected depth chart: Miller, Irving

CB: Our top 5 is determined. It's whether we keep a 6th corner or a 5th safety. I'm going for Squid because he can play FS as well and is a demon on special teams.

Projected depth chart: Bailey, Porter, Harris, Florence, Bolden, Thompson

S: Moore, Carter and Adams are locks. I'm picking Bruton for the last spot because of his special teams prowess.

Projected depth chart:

FS: Adams, Moore
SS: Carter, Bruton

K: Prater
P: Colquitt
LS: Brewer

And my practice squad is

QB Weber
WR Robinson
WR Orton
DE Blatnick
DT Garland
DT Siliga
LB Franklin
S Ihenacho

Thoughts?
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, this looks more like a 53-man roster thread than it does a Gameday thread. Think Laughing

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is because P-mac is obsessed with depth charts. I used to be too, but they really mean nothing.

As for the game I expect alot of PT for Siliga, Unrein, M Jackson, and Beal. There are 2 spots for those 4 players IMO.

I also want to see what happens on that O-line. The 2nd's have been crap for the last two weeks. We may be looking elsewhere for OL depth.

Finally I want to see Osweiler play more. We have seen alot, but he needs more. He also needs an o-line to block and receivers to catch.

Otherwise I hate this 4th game and probably won't stay awake for the entire game.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Funny, this looks more like a 53-man roster thread than it does a Gameday thread. Think Laughing
That's really what the last game is.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drayton Florence is not that good of a player. Give me Tony Carter any day of the week. And give me Leonard as well at S. Denver will keep 10 - goodbye to Squid - he's not that good.

Thomas will be signed to the P.S. if he does not make the roster (which I fully expect him to make)

They will keep 8 O.L - one of those players is going to have to be a swing man and play mutliple positions.
PredomntlyOrnge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish our OL depth was better so we could get a better feel for Brock and Caleb and what they can actually do. I just dont see either having much time in the pocket to do much tonight.

Players I will be focusing on tonight.....

Jamie Blatnick
Malik Jackson
Julius Thomas
Ryan Harris
Gerrel Robinson
Brooking (if he even plays)
Moreno versus Johnson
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
That's really what the last game is.

If it's Gameday, how come AZ, our opponent isn't even listed...... Wink

I'm with TO, don't think we'll carry 10 OL, think Harris is on his way out, I believe JT will be the 3rd TE, could be waived/PS after Green becomes eligible. I don't think Clark will see 5mins of time at TE this whole season.

I see Leonard making it over Squid too, Leonard's return skills and experience get the nod over Squid IMO.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw Irving last week p-mac but wasn't very impressed. He just seemed too much hit or miss (no pun intended)
I'd like to see a lot more consistency from a backup.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far the second team defense blows...

and- "man this guy is fun to watch, it's like watching the bearded lady eat a cream pie"

wuuuuuuut Confused
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice play my Malik Jackson shedding the block and stopping the run.

Ayers had good pressure against the backup tackle with an inside move, but Arizona got it out on a quick pass.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whcih of these backups you guys have out there is closest to looking at a starting spot? Or have you guys gone even deeper on your Depth Chart?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevathan making a lot of tackles. Went through a blocker to stop Wells from gashing the defense on a draw. Good coverage on a crossing route by Heap, too.

Quinton Carter came up to make a big hit on 4-and-1 but the replacement refs say first down.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch by Floyd on the TD there.

Lindley throws a jump ball behind a crossing Floyd in the endzone covered by Tony Carter. Floyd reaches back and tips the ball as Jim Leonhard knocks him in the direction of the falling ball. Floyd secures the catch on the way to the ground.
rhuston

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Danny T. and Malik J look good. Moreno is looking nice so far but Thomas may have just cut himself dropping that pass.

These refs are terrible
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevathan, Malik Jackson earning their roster spots tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: