Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you want on our practice squad???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Who would you want on our practice squad??? Reply with quote

Everyone wants to predict the 53 man roster but what about the PS...

There are some off radar games who don't stick on a team for whatever reason but have some potential. Let me start this

FS Jenzen Jackson on wiki
Jackson initially attended Carencro High School in Lafayette, Louisiana until 2007 where his father was the head coach of the football team. There, Jackson honed his skills as a corner under his father's tutelage.[1] After totaling 93 tackles, 5 interceptions and blocking seven kicks as a junior, he was named Class 5A All-State by the LSWA.

After his father returned to McNeese State, Jackson attended Alfred M. Barbe High School in Lake Charles, Louisiana, where he made 92 tackles and intercepted 5 passes as a senior. He was also named Class 5A All-State a second time and received All-American honors by USA Today and SuperPrep,.[2] In addition, Jackson participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Considered a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, Jackson was listed as No. 2 cornerback in the 2009 class.[3] He originally committed to LSU on February 23, 2008, but rethought his choice on National Signing Day 2009, when he signed a national letter of intent to play football for Tennessee. Said Jackson: "Monte Kiffin was the difference. I love Tennessee . I have known Coach Orgeron for a while and I love him. But to realize that if you play defense at Tennessee, then you are going to know what Monte Kiffin knows is special. He invented his own defense (Tampa 2) and has been so good for so long, and now he is going to teach me what he knows. That was just too much to pass up."[4]
College career

Despite Tennessee's depth in the defensive backfield, Jackson was expected to contribute as a true freshman in 2009. He arrived at UT carrying just 175 pounds on his 6-0 frame, but bulked up to 192 lbs.[5] According to head coach Lane Kiffin, Jackson "already covers like an SEC cornerback and hits like an SEC safety", and has a chance to lineup alongside Eric Berry as a starter on September 5 against Western Kentucky.[6]
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to go by who's on the current roster, then I'd say...

S/CB Chaz Powell
DT Christo Bilukidi
S Aaron Henry
WR Derek Carrier or Thomas Mayo
RB Lonyae Miller
LB Kaelin Burnett
OT Zach Hurd
LB Chad Kilgore

HM: Marquette King, Brandon Underwood, Curtis Taylor

Tough to choose eight.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety's Blake Gideon from Arizona or Sean Richardson from Green Bay are two safties who have been very good but might get cut. We're going to need someone to replace Gio shortly.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

S/CB Chaz Powell
DT Christo Bilukidi
S Aaron Henry
RB Lonyae Miller
OG Lucas Nix
OT Zach Hurd
LB Chad Kilgore

HM: Marquette King, Brandon Underwood, Curtis Taylor, Kaelin Burnett

Tough to choose eight.

I hope King gets IRed.. Don't want to risk losing him. I think Christo makes the team. Lonyae can go either way at this point.. I think Nix or Hurd makes the team as the 9th lineman. Honestly I'm not sure who. Isn't Underwood too old for the PS?

What do you think of Janeze Jackson? He could be a gem if he matures. Worth a shot on PS
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

S/CB Chaz Powell
DT Christo Bilukidi
S Aaron Henry
RB Lonyae Miller
OG Lucas Nix
OT Zach Hurd
LB Chad Kilgore

HM: Marquette King, Brandon Underwood, Curtis Taylor, Kaelin Burnett

Tough to choose eight.

I hope King gets IRed.. Don't want to risk losing him. I think Christo makes the team. Lonyae can go either way at this point.. I think Nix or Hurd makes the team as the 9th lineman. Honestly I'm not sure who. Isn't Underwood too old for the PS?

What do you think of Janeze Jackson? He could be a gem if he matures. Worth a shot on PS

He might be too old yeah. Forgot about that.

Idk much about Jackson, but it seems like he's got a lot of talent and would be worth trying to develop. Worth a shot definitely.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our insider said that mcKenzie isn't that concerned about character, however he has been wrong before and so far McKenzie has held true to everything he has said publicly. Jackson was one of my favorite college prospects, however, imo he will not be a part of the organization due to character concerns.

Iirc a IR'd player doesn't get paid for games unplayed. Hue did DMC a solid by not IRing him. Rather than being locked up for no pay, King would probably opt for an injury settlement since he doesn't have a contract. Idk King was injured anyways . . .
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going off guys from our team only

D. Carrier WR
K. Efaw TE
L. Miller RB
C. Kilgore LB
M. King P
D. Hamilton DT
Z. Hurd OT
H. Davis DE
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE K Efaw
S Aaron Henry
LB Nathan Stupar
LB Chad Kilgore
CB Powell or Conroy

Add in
S Jenzen Jackson
DT Myles Wade( rookie who we already brought in)

So far I think
Hurd, Nix, Hamilton, Miller, and Cristo make the cut and

King gets IR'ed Cool
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff Harris CB wouldnt be a bad PS player.. he has potential
alex_93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Safety's Blake Gideon from Arizona or Sean Richardson from Green Bay are two safties who have been very good but might get cut. We're going to need someone to replace Gio shortly.

Not sure why we would need to replace Gio, he is a backup safety who is not a big cap hit and has always come in, been solid and made plays when he was called upon. Safety is imo one of our stongest positions.

Also I see a lot of Bilikudi on the PS but I think he will make the team. I've liked what Ive seen from the kicker Carmona, hope he sticks around along with King.[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

S/CB Chaz Powell
DT Christo Bilukidi
S Aaron Henry
RB Lonyae Miller
LB Kaelin Burnett
OT Zach Hurd
LB Chad Kilgore

Tough to choose eight.

we can't risk losing King and Bilukidi, if they're fit I say they go on the 53 man roster, if they're not protect them by putting them on IR
oak42069

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Not sure why we would need to replace Gio, he is a backup safety who is not a big cap hit and has always come in, been solid and made plays when he was called upon. Safety is imo one of our stongest positions.

Also I see a lot of Bilikudi on the PS but I think he will make the team. I've liked what Ive seen from the kicker Carmona, hope he sticks around along with King.[/code]

+1 on board with that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

S/CB Chaz Powell
DT Christo Bilukidi
S Aaron Henry
RB Lonyae Miller
LB Kaelin Burnett
OT Zach Hurd
LB Chad Kilgore

Tough to choose eight.

we can't risk losing King and Bilukidi, if they're fit I say they go on the 53 man roster, if they're not protect them by putting them on IR

People need to get over King. Seriously. There are other rookies out there smacking long balls and being inconsistent. He's just another name on a long list of young punters with a good leg.

Kidi will make the roster. Guys gets a good push and by all accounts really takes to coaching. He'd be scooped up in a hurry if waived before he'd make it to the PS.

Hell, Mason Brodine was claimed by the Rams. Just shows you teams are watching.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i def want hamilton and bilukidi to make the team, neither will clear waivers and im a huge fan of dl depth personally, check the posts i still want ngata! Twisted Evil seriously tho u cant have too many good dt`s !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to see Carrier on the PS. He's a small school WR with good size and looked sharp in camp. Give him a year to develop and see what happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: