Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Denver Broncos vs San Francisco 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmay9699

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else concerned with our pass defense? I said it before, we should have drafted a corner SOMEWHERE this year. I can't deal with another year of T. Brock as member of this team!
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
Anybody else concerned with our pass defense? I said it before, we should have drafted a corner SOMEWHERE this year. I can't deal with another year of T. Brock as member of this team!

I swear some of you know nothing about football. Lack of pass defense is more indicative of lack of pass rush than anything else. If we can't get to the quarterback, who by the way is arguably the greatest to ever play this game, then he's going to complete passes. This defense isn't the attacking, blitz happy unit that it's made out to be. They rarely rush more than four at a time. Vic Fangio has a "bend, don't break" mentality and it works great when we TACKLE and get off the field on third downs.

If Parys Haralson hits Manning a millisecond sooner, then that fluky pass to the running back doesn't happen. The running back, who, by the way was being covered by our BACKUP linebacker.

This Trumaine Brock thing is ridiculous, too. Seriously, stop looking for scapegoats. He had a bad day, it happens. Cornerback has to be the hardest position to play in the League, especially when you have a surgeon like Peyton Manning back there. Remember how bad Carlos Rogers looked in the NFC Championship Game?

Beast
timmay9699

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
timmay9699 wrote:

I swear some of you know nothing about football. Lack of pass defense is more indicative of lack of pass rush than anything else. If we can't get to the quarterback, who by the way is arguably the greatest to ever play this game, then he's going to complete passes. This defense isn't the attacking, blitz happy unit that it's made out to be. They rarely rush more than four at a time. Vic Fangio has a "bend, don't break" mentality and it works great when we TACKLE and get off the field on third downs.

If Parys Haralson hits Manning a millisecond sooner, then that fluky pass to the running back doesn't happen. The running back, who, by the way was being covered by our BACKUP linebacker.

This Trumaine Brock thing is ridiculous, too. Seriously, stop looking for scapegoats. He had a bad day, it happens. Cornerback has to be the hardest position to play in the League, especially when you have a surgeon like Peyton Manning back there. Remember how bad Carlos Rogers looked in the NFC Championship Game?

Not as bad a Brock did in that game!
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:

I'm more worried about the pass rush. Without Aldon we've had almost no pass rush at all. Given enough time any QB can look good - and we've got a lot of games coming up against great QBs who will just kill us if we give them that kind of time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
timmay9699 wrote:

I'm more worried about the pass rush. Without Aldon we've had almost no pass rush at all. Given enough time any QB can look good - and we've got a lot of games coming up against great QBs who will just kill us if we give them that kind of time.

Aldon Smith will either get a ton of sacks or lead to others getting more sacks this season. Possibly both actually. He will be the Ware of this D.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
timmay9699 wrote:

I swear some of you know nothing about football.

And I swear, some people forget that Brock was also scalding hot garbage most of the time he was on the field last season WITH a pass rush.

There's a reason he's a 5th CB after a few years of experience - he's not good. This team is beyond the point where they need to hope 3rd year undrafted CBs will pan out. We can cut them now, and everything will be OK.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
timmay9699 wrote:

So that half arse of a tackle must have been a product of no passrush? Or the whiff on the jam at the line? Brock isnt that good. He is a marginal player and has been for a few years. We just havent had the talent base to cut him loose.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already cut Cory Nelms and Curtis Holcomb so we must feel he's at least the 5th best CB on the team. But Brock isn't guaranteed a spot still. We could carry 6 Safeties and 4 Corners. Or look around the waiver wire for corners. We did put in a claim for Darius Butler when he was waived by the Pats last year (Panthers won the claim).

I imagine we may be active on the waiver wire for a 5th CB because Brock seems to disappoint every time he steps on the field since his hand injury.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
We already cut Cory Nelms and Curtis Holcomb so we must feel he's at least the 5th best CB on the team. But Brock isn't guaranteed a spot still. We could carry 6 Safeties and 4 Corners. Or look around the waiver wire for corners. We did put in a claim for Darius Butler when he was waived by the Pats last year (Panthers won the claim).

I imagine we may be active on the waiver wire for a 5th CB because Brock seems to disappoint every time he steps on the field since his hand injury.

And ya know we have already seen two CB trades this weekend(Vontae Davis to Indy and Kevin Barnes to Detroit) with the extra picks for next draft it isn't outside the realm of possibility that if the team wants to improve CB depth they can swing a trade and still be in good shape.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried about defense that much. We got all our starters back and they know how to play together and come regular season I think they'll play like the 49ers D again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
** Roman said the 49ers didn’t necessarily plan to use the play on which Alex Smith lobbed a 44-yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis on a wheel route during the preseason. He said, though, that they felt “compelled” to use it against the Broncos.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/28/roster-lock-roman-indicates-rb-dixon-will-keep-his-job/

lol I kinda had a feeling Harbaugh was pissed at the onside kick and decided to use a real play for a score
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
Quote:
** Roman said the 49ers didn’t necessarily plan to use the play on which Alex Smith lobbed a 44-yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis on a wheel route during the preseason. He said, though, that they felt “compelled” to use it against the Broncos.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/28/roster-lock-roman-indicates-rb-dixon-will-keep-his-job/

lol I kinda had a feeling Harbaugh was pissed at the onside kick and decided to use a real play for a score

Good I am glad we did. You wanna try an onside kick against us in a practice game? We've got something for you.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Quote:

Good I am glad we did. You wanna try an onside kick against us in a practice game? We've got something for you.
that's kinda the point to pre season. try things when it really doesn't count. I would tried it all game long if it made us any better.
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Quote:

that's kinda the point to pre season. try things when it really doesn't count. I would tried it all game long if it made us any better.

Ya but if it works now teams can prepare for it. It doesnt make you any better doing it in a pre-season game. It may make you feel good but trust me it feels waaaaay better in the regular season. I think our team is a good example of this from last season.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
timmay9699 wrote:

I swear some of you know nothing about football. Lack of pass defense is more indicative of lack of pass rush than anything else.

Generally, that's a true statement. The Vikings proved that isn't always the case, however... Leading the league in sacks, they were 32nd overall in passer rating. Crying or Very sad

Lil Uno with the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: