Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Woods here we come!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rycombs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Robert Woods here we come! Reply with quote

I don't often post but I always read what you guys say and actually learn more than I do reading the Herald or the Sun-Sentinel.

This is the first year I have no desire to spend money on tickets to a game, even though I've loved the Dolphins since my days living back in Indiana and had Colts season tickets and was the only one in my section cheering for them. Jeff Ireland has simply put together a team that just has no appeal to it. They're boring and just not good. I will enjoy watching Tannehill develop this season, which is really the only reason to watch this year.

I don't think we'll be the worst team in the NFL but I do think we'll be picking somewhere in the 2-5 range. I hope that we keep the picks we've accumulated and take the most dynamic WR playmaker in the draft in Robert Woods. He fits the system gives us a deep threat and a returner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va3cuLHgIbQ

Here are the three scenarios I'm hoping for:
1) we stay put and use all of the accumulated picks that we have including a high first and second and most likely another high 2nd from the Colts, that's three really good players to build around.
2) we finish with the worst record but Tannehill proves to be the guy we've been looking for since Marino and with Barkley being the top player trade down a couple spots and accumulate even more picks and still get Woods.
3) we trade Bush and Long, getting more picks for both and after dealing with one more tough year we have a huge influx of talent and we get back to being relevant again.

What do you guys think?

One final note, thank goodness for fantasy football! As a Dolphin fan of the last several years what other erason would there be to watch?!
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the title, I was expecting to see a crying fan, not a hopeful one. I don't think we go WR in the first, our team isn't based on a number one receiver. I expect to see a receiver in FA and another in the 2nd. We will probably trade down unless there is a can't miss prospect at our spot.
Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ireland has done a decent job considering he was left with nothing from Parcells. It takes time to build a 53 man roster. He is trimming the waste now. Looks good for the future, but he needs to hit on his picks.

Patience is the key, fans are too quick to throw our young players under the bus. Egnew most recently.

I know RT has the skills to be a top qb in this league. He can make all the throws, he is athletic, he just needs reps.

Would really like to see the pass rush and WR core get some talent next year. Unless Vernon or Shelby develop into that player. Safety is also something I would like to see, instead of relying on 5th round guys. Lets get a Brock Marion etc.

But you can't win without scoring points and the WR core just continue to show they are a major liability on this team. It will be hard to grade RT as a rookie, and in having to deal with those bums every week. They need to step up huge in the next few weeks for this to not become a nightmare.

The finish last trade back, AKA the Rams, is the perfect scenario for this franchise. I can handle one more losing season, as long as I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Right now, it is too faint to confirm.
Daryl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you I hope we dont trade for anyone lets just ride it out and use our picks. Thats how you build a strong young Nucleus. The pats keep a million picks and stay relevant it's been a long time since we have had this many picks in the top portion of the draft. I would love to get our hands on Woods I know they keep saying the system is built for one guy to dominate the stat sheet but if given the chance I think we would have a very hard time passing on woods BUT if we did which is likely I say grab an elite DE I like the Mingo kid from LSU to pair with Wake and Vernon.

Think about it out of all the positions of need who else besides Woods and the Pass rushers are going to be there in the top 5-10? No one in my opinion. Together with this years draft having 5 picks in the Top 70 cold really set us up nicely for years to come. and after Woods and Allen the Kid from Cal there will be a huge drop off in WR talent
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love woods and think keenen allen is just as good maybe better. Like i sais on another thread i personally love the direction the team is in. I dont care about how some people in here thjink we are a lughing stock this is how championship teams build its through the draft. We had high extra picks this year now more next year. I will say this i dont think jake long is going anywhere nor should he,he looks very good. One crazy rumor i heard was bush for wallace which makes sense for both i think. If we continue to do this right and by the time we are done rebuilding in 2 years tom brady will be3 37-38 years old and its our time in the division
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wager with anyone that since we are sitting on:

* Two 2nd rnd pks
* Two 3rd rnd pks

Miami will look to trade down in the First rnd & make in an eve Trifecta (no pun)

That's 6 pks in rounds 1 - 2 & 3.
That's a massive infusion of talent we desperately need.

Besides in all the 7 - 8 yrs Philbin was in GB there has only been 1 First rnd WR drafted. (Jordy Nelson)
99% of the great WRs up there have been 3 rd & 4th rnders, no reason to suspect Philbin will
deviate from OL or OLB with the first pk.
GBs approach looks more like Three # 2 WRs on the field at all times & an elite TE. (one of them will be open)

That same method got Philbin a Super Bowl ring.

sug
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

* Two 2nd rnd pks
* Two 3rd rnd pks

Miami will look to trade down in the First rnd & make in an eve Trifecta (no pun)

Besides in all the 7 - 8 yrs Philbin was in GB there has only been 1 First rnd WR drafted. (Jordy Nelson)
99% of the great WRs up there have been 3 rd & 4th rnders, no reason to suspect Philbin will
GBs approach looks more like Three # 2 WRs on the field at all times & an elite TE. (one of them will be open)

sug

Nelson wasn't a 1st. He went in the 2nd

UniversalAuthor
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

* Two 2nd rnd pks
* Two 3rd rnd pks

sug
Jordy Nelson was a 2nd rounder, we traded out of the 1st in 2008. So we have 0 first round WR's on our team.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
OGGUMBO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Robert Woods here we come! Reply with quote

rycombs wrote:
I don't often post but I always read what you guys say and actually learn more than I do reading the Herald or the Sun-Sentinel.

This is the first year I have no desire to spend money on tickets to a game, even though I've loved the Dolphins since my days living back in Indiana and had Colts season tickets and was the only one in my section cheering for them. Jeff Ireland has simply put together a team that just has no appeal to it. They're boring and just not good. I will enjoy watching Tannehill develop this season, which is really the only reason to watch this year.

I don't think we'll be the worst team in the NFL but I do think we'll be picking somewhere in the 2-5 range. I hope that we keep the picks we've accumulated and take the most dynamic WR playmaker in the draft in Robert Woods. He fits the system gives us a deep threat and a returner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va3cuLHgIbQ

Here are the three scenarios I'm hoping for:
1) we stay put and use all of the accumulated picks that we have including a high first and second and most likely another high 2nd from the Colts, that's three really good players to build around.
2) we finish with the worst record but Tannehill proves to be the guy we've been looking for since Marino and with Barkley being the top player trade down a couple spots and accumulate even more picks and still get Woods.
3) we trade Bush and Long, getting more picks for both and after dealing with one more tough year we have a huge influx of talent and we get back to being relevant again.

What do you guys think?

One final note, thank goodness for fantasy football! As a Dolphin fan of the last several years what other erason would there be to watch?!

I feel you on that one. But more on topic I hope that they hang on to these picks. I've been seeing a lot of speculation about potentially using the picks for a veteran receiver and I'd honestly hate that. There's too much talent to be had in those 2nd and 3rd rounds to pass up. I guess I'd rather take our lumps now.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
SUG wrote:

* Two 2nd rnd pks
* Two 3rd rnd pks

sug
Jordy Nelson was a 2nd rounder, we traded out of the 1st in 2008. So we have 0 first round WR's on our team.

I stand corrected, thank you.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: