Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Soooo Much Negativity...... Smile
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Soooo Much Negativity...... Smile Reply with quote

Let's focus on what we can look forward to.

How 'bout our defensive line? A healthy McCoy and Clayborne should wreak some havoc.

We've got depth at WR. I mean depth. When have we ever been able to say that? I can't wait to see what Free can do with these guys.

What say you?
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without Bowers on the line, who was proving to be capable of disrupting a football game towards the latter part of 2011, we should be in for a treat. Guys I never thought would show up in Wilson and Gary Gibson are looking like they can be decent/good depth. I'm extremely pleased with their play thus far... can't wait for the season to start. And Okoye was considered a disappointment early on in his career, but he has talent... just hasn't necessarily translated yet. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Depth at WR is something we haven't had in a long time. The guy who ends up being the odd man out will probably be picked up by another team almost instantly, which really says something.

The Bucs ship is sailing in the right direction, that's for sure. The future looks to shine bright on the Bay.

But above all... I say...

TAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAAAA

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
mzerv00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely appreciate this thread. lol it's like a breath of fresh air! DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots to look forward to.

Our defensive line is living in the backfield, especially Roy Miller ( Shocked ). Our linebackers are playing strong, especially David who looks to be an absolute stud. Our wideouts are deep enough that we will have to cut some decent players. Barron looks awesome. Doug Martin looks awesome.

To me, the most important facet? Schiano. I know we haven't seen any concrete results yet, but he has complete control of this team, seems to know exactly what he wants and we finally have some structure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
TAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAAAA

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

How 'bout our rookie DBs? What do you expect from them? We've got a stud in Barron and a lot of potential in Tandy and Johnson .
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
To me, the most important facet? Schiano. I know we haven't seen any concrete results yet, but he has complete control of this team, seems to know exactly what he wants and we finally have some structure.

This x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

His presence doesn't show up on any stat sheets but there's no denying that there's a different demeanor about our team. There seems to be a lot of confidence in these young pups. Guys are hungry, they want it. We haven't had that for a while.

I think Schiano is the missing piece to our puzzle. No nonsense. Accountibility. Teamwork. We've finally got a guy that, like you said, is 100% in control. I love it!!
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Lots to look forward to.

Our defensive line is living in the backfield, especially Roy Miller ( Shocked ). Our linebackers are playing strong, especially David who looks to be an absolute stud. Our wideouts are deep enough that we will have to cut some decent players. Barron looks awesome. Doug Martin looks awesome.

The bolded has by far been the biggest surprise, at least to me, of preseason so far. He had one play where he was being double teamed, threw the guard to the side with one arm, knocked the other lineman flat on his butt, and chased after the QB like he was a bucket of fried chicken.

David's presence thus far can also not be ignored. He looks to be an absolute force.

Schiano is definitely the right coach for this team, and it's quickly becoming clear that players are buying hard into his system. Structure is a great way to put it, because he's laying down a foundation that can support a rock solid mansion.

bucsfan333 wrote:
How 'bout our rookie DBs? What do you expect from them? We've got a stud in Barron and a lot of potential in Tandy and Johnson .

The only real word to describe Barron is stud. He's a playmaker, an absolute thumper, and has the potential to be an All-Pro safety in this league.

The team just has that certain gleam in their eye, and it all started with Schiano. He's righting this ship in the most absolute way possible...

THE PACK MAN wrote:

- Adopt a Buc -
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Miller is having a good pre-season. The guy is an ox and about time he started showing some power. I'm skeptical but he could have a good year for us and warrant an extension. I also think Talib will warrant a new contract too. Everyone talks about David and Barron but Eric Wright has been good-under-the radar. Wright makes us a tougher team with his ability to hit and stop guys dead in their tracks. Coverage wise he has been solid. Wright, Barron, and David will be contributors for our run D. We've always managed to get penetration even without McCoy just never had the ability to finish the play off. We were brutal against outside runs the past years and that might still be the case this year b/c QB but on a + note looks like we can defend cut back runs better.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't be more excited for Doug Martin and Mark Barron. Talented RBs and safeties are so fun to watch.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
I couldn't be more excited for Doug Martin and Mark Barron. Talented RBs and safeties are so fun to watch.

I second that. RB's and Safeties that can do it all are always great to watch.

Like Mayock said

"Boy, is this a solid pick. I love this kid because his floor and ceiling are the same thing. His ceiling is to be a Pro Bowl safety; his floor is to be a Pro Bowl safety. That's how good this young man is. This is going to be a good football team next year."

That alone is simply exciting.

I also saw on Yahoo Sports an article about Doug Martin comparing him to Roger Craig, and Doug didn't even know who that was.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect our first three picks to make immediate impacts. I think this was one of our best drafts in a looooooong time.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I expect our first three picks to make immediate impacts. I think this was one of our best drafts in a looooooong time.

Yeah... obviously it's way too early for me to be saying this, but it could be like our 1995 draft and solidify us as contenders for a long time.

That Mayock quote sure gets my blood pumping. I can't wait for the season to start. I wasn't even this excited last year, even though I was one of the ones to buy into the Kool-aid a little too quickly.

THE PACK MAN wrote:

- Adopt a Buc -
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Roy Miller is having a good pre-season. The guy is an ox and about time he started showing some power. I'm skeptical but he could have a good year for us and warrant an extension. I also think Talib will warrant a new contract too. Everyone talks about David and Barron but Eric Wright has been good-under-the radar. Wright makes us a tougher team with his ability to hit and stop guys dead in their tracks. Coverage wise he has been solid. Wright, Barron, and David will be contributors for our run D. We've always managed to get penetration even without McCoy just never had the ability to finish the play off. We were brutal against outside runs the past years and that might still be the case this year b/c QB but on a + note looks like we can defend cut back runs better.

I too have been impressed with Roy Miller. He seems to have found a home at NT in the Schiano/Sheridan/Davis defense. Very Happy

However, I think the best suprise this year will be Demar Dotson. I think he will beat out Trueblood at RT and be very effective. Trueblood's contract is guaranteed this year, so I doubt he will be cut, but I believe he will be the backup.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly couldn't be more excited about this team as a whole. I really think this team can be a playoff team if Freeman comes through because our running game is strong and Michael smith is going to e our sproles type scat back. We need freeman and 10 wins isn't out of the questions.

I really love the defensive play. I hope McCoy could stay healthy. Also Adam hayward needs to replace Quincy black.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Watson to be our third linebacker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: