Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jake Long injured!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bu77ers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Jake Long injured! Reply with quote

not good!

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Jake Long injured his knee today in practice!
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this should significantly drop his price come offseason. Looks serious too is he was on the ground for two minutes like the report states.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this can either be good or bad.

Bad: well we don't have a lot of talented OL.

Good: Martin or Murtha could take over LT and we could see if we actually need him or not. If we don't need him than trade him for more picks. This is what happens when you are rebuilding. Injuries have helped teams move on from other players. Injuries have also shown how much you need a player.

Either way this is actually good. it shows you how much we need or don't need Long

UniversalAuthor
joeyL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoulda traded him when we could have.

Hope its not too serious.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4712/jake-long

Quote:
Updating an earlier item, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Dolphins LT Jake Long is believed to have sprained his right MCL in Monday's practice, and is undergoing an MRI to determine the exact extent of the damage.
The Palm Beach Post is standing by its report that Long suffered little more than a "tweak," however so there are clearly conflicting reports. If Schefter one of the league's most reliable sources is right, Long is now in danger of missing Week 1, and could possibly even require surgery depending on what his MRI turns up. It would be a big blow for a Dolphins offense that's propping up rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill with the worst receiver corps in the league. Rookie Jonathan Martin could shift to the blindside if Long isn't ready for Week 1, though Lydon Murtha is Long's primary backup.

Looks like we'll see how either Martin or Murtha does at RT. I would move Martin over to LT to see how he plays.

UniversalAuthor
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be laughable if i didn't care. The Dolphins are quickly becoming the Saints or Bucs of the 70's. If Long goes down for the season, I would be shocked to see us win more than 2 games.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sprained his MCL and is expected to be back and fine by week 1. So thank God for that.
Clutch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
It would be laughable if i didn't care. The Dolphins are quickly becoming the Saints or Bucs of the 70's. If Long goes down for the season, I would be shocked to see us win more than 2 games.

Accept!! At this stageI will gladly accept two wins. I don't think the Fins have the talent for more than that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: