Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stafford's diagnosis: broken blood vessel, will play week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Anything with Stafford going to the sidelines because he is hurt makes me cringe. Glad he can make week 1 though.

I definitely had a panic attack when he limped off the field during week 1 last year (leg cramp). That was not a fun moment.

I darn near threw-up. The terrible part now, is we know just how good he can be. It would be nothing short of a tragedy if he isnt able to have a healthy career for us.

This has been overblown though, IMO. QB's constantly get nicked up, but it only makes headlines if its a guy like Stafford, or Vick.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Anything with Stafford going to the sidelines because he is hurt makes me cringe. Glad he can make week 1 though.

I definitely had a panic attack when he limped off the field during week 1 last year (leg cramp). That was not a fun moment.

I darn near threw-up. The terrible part now, is we know just how good he can be. It would be nothing short of a tragedy if he isnt able to have a healthy career for us.

This has been overblown though, IMO. QB's constantly get nicked up, but it only makes headlines if its a guy like Stafford, or Vick.

You're right--there's no doubt at this point that Stafford could be an elite quarterback someday if he stays healthy. Last year he got banged up a couple of times, but hitting your thumb on a defender's helmet after throwing the ball isn't really something I'd consider a problem. If it were his knee or shoulder again, then yeah, you worry about that.

Spot on observation though . . . we haven't had a legit quarterback since Greg Landry in 1971 (and even at that, he was only good for a couple of years). You'd have to go back to Bobby Layne in the 50's to find the last time we had a QB remotely as good as Stafford can be. It was one thing when he got hurt last year--we didn't yet know what we had. Now that we've seen what he's capable of, it's going to be a pretty insurmountable blow if we lose him.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: