Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State Reply with quote

Arthur Brown
Position : OLB
College : Kansas State
Class : Senior
Birthdate : 6/17/90
Hometown : Wichita, KS
Height : 6'-1"
Weight : 231 lbs.
40 yard dash : 4.47 (estimated)

2011 Statistics
Solo tackles : 57
Assisted tackles : 44
Total tackles : 101
Tackles for loss : 9.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 26
Sacks : 2
Sack loss yardage : 6
Passes broken up : 2
Interceptions : 1
Interception return yardage : 10

Brown transferred from the University of Miami and sat out the 2010 season as result.

Arthur Brown Kansas State Official Bio

Quote:
Overview
The defensive newcomer of the year last season in the Big 12, Brown is one of the top senior linebackers in the nation and for the 2013 NFL Draft.

Originally signing with Miami (FL) out of high school, he was one of the highest recruited players in 2008 and chose the Hurricanes over offers from just about every other program in the country. Brown struggled to crack the starting lineup in his two seasons in South Beach, finishing his Hurricane career with only 17 tackles. Never quite fitting in at Miami, he moved back to his home state of Kansas, transferring to Kansas State.

After sitting out the 2010 season due to transfer rules, Brown had a stand-out junior campaign at middle linebacker in his first season with the Wildcats, totaling a team-best 101 tackles with 9.5 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks and one interception.

Analysis
Brown is a fluid and explosive athlete with very good range to be effective against both the run and the pass. Brown top instincts to sniff out the play and is quick to react, rarely missing tackles when he's in the area. He is undersized with short arms and lacks the growth potential to get much bigger, but he does a nice job avoiding and fighting through blocks. Brown will need to answer some maturity concerns, but he enters the 2012 season ranked as a top-75 draft pick for next April.

Draftscout Player News (07/28/12)
Arthur Brown needed to shed his inhibitions as much as he did blockers in order to supply instant leadership. The trepidation that created was far worse than learning a new system, securing an open-field tackle or looking good in purple. “The pressure came because of how I was perceived,’’ Brown said. “Just stepping outside the box as far as my comfort zone and taking the initiative to step into that (leadership) role and do what I needed to do.’’ The pressure Brown felt was quite evident. “Oh, a great deal,’’ K-State coach Bill Snyder said. Unnatural as it was, Brown accepted the challenge. “That was because he cares,’’ Snyder added. “I don’t care if you’re 18 or 58, you don’t do things that you’re uncomfortable with unless you really care. And he really cares. And that makes a monumental difference. His teammates got him through it too, because they received him really well.’’ It is partly why Brown returned for his senior season and did not give the NFL much consideration, announcing his intention to return for his senior season at K-State during preparations for the Cotton Bowl. For him, the pro game was never the allure. Brown does not even have a favorite NFL team. Obviously, the natural progression will be for him to get to that level, which he understands and desires. Just not yet. “One of the main reasons that I came back to play this year was to really embrace this opportunity and grow and develop as a leader under coach Snyder,’’ Brown said. “The guys on the team have really helped with my development as well, and I wanted to build those relationships that are really more long-lasting than any NFL career.’’ - Kevin Haskin, The Capital-Journal

Arthur Brown NFLdraftscout Player Page

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Brown as an NFL prospect?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he still has room to grow and things to learn, but right now I'd love him to learn behind DJ!
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him. He can play DJ's role in a 3-4 (backup) plus be a great guy in the nickel. His athleticism and team play will make him a great special teamer. I'll take Arthur Brown in the 2nd round for 1 million dollars, Alex. Hell I'd take him in the first round if we are picking after 25 and the top 4 QBs are gone (no, Landry Jones is not included in those)

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... Nic. You can't be letting other people know that a K-State player exists. He's my and DT's little secret

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see him as a less productive Lavonte David…has the same strengths…read & react LB with great sideline to sideline speed who can play all three downs at the next level…much like David he has the same weaknesses…he’s undersized and probably limited to playing WLB in a Cover 2 type scheme…might be able to play MLB but that’s probably not his best spot in the pros.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I see him as a less productive Lavonte David…has the same strengths…read & react LB with great sideline to sideline speed who can play all three downs at the next level…much like David he has the same weaknesses…he’s undersized and probably limited to playing WLB in a Cover 2 type scheme…might be able to play MLB but that’s probably not his best spot in the pros.

He's not an outside backer. That's why he struggled at Miami, they tried to play him where he doesn't belong. He needs to stay inside.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He's not an outside backer. That's why he struggled at Miami, they tried to play him where he doesn't belong. He needs to stay inside.

I think to do that in the pros he will need to bulk up considerably or play in a scheme that protects the MLB…much like Cleveland’s with their two massive DTs.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think he has questionable instincts, he seems a tad late on a lot of plays whereas David had elite instincts, technique, and tackling
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
I actually think he has questionable instincts, he seems a tad late on a lot of plays whereas David had elite instincts, technique, and tackling

I wouldn’t go that far.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I think to do that in the pros he will need to bulk up considerably or play in a scheme that protects the MLB…much like Cleveland’s with their two massive DTs.

If he doesn't bulk up any, he needs to play in a cover 2 scheme in a 4-3 or he needs to play WILB in a 3-4. Playing him outside will be a mistake.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If he doesn't bulk up any, he needs to play in a cover 2 scheme in a 4-3 or he needs to play WILB in a 3-4. Playing him outside will be a mistake.

I know your high on the guy but I reckon he would struggle to play those spots at his current size…not many 228lbs ILBs in the NFL.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know literally nothing about him as a prospect, but those are some insane ups in the first picture. Shocked

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of former KU player (from rival B12 school) James Holt.

Although I believe that Brown is a bit more athletic all around.

My NFL Draft Thread
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

I wouldn’t go that far.

Eh? ...I would, why do you think he was in position to make all of those plays he did?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: