Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we trade for flynn?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Should we trade for flynn? Reply with quote

Well he got his fair shot to become a starter in the nfl but got beatout by my boy rookie feenom russell wilson. look like flynns destined to be a career backup and what better team for him than GB. Knows the system and receivers better, if Arod were to go down for a short stretch flynn has shown he could come in and have little dropoff. I say trade harrell and a 7th rounder. Is TT working the phones?
Kenrik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt they just trade TJ for a late round pick? Flynns value is around a 4th (personal opinion). Seattle just traded TJ they're not looking to trade another back up. If Wilson doesnt wort out or gets hurt they need a backup. Theyre not going to put themselves in the same situation as we are now.

Also his contract is NOT worth it to us. We have a lot of upcoming contracts and the last thing we want is one of if not thee highest paid backup QB. I'll take Greg Jennings, Clay, Raji etc over Flynn.
McCarroll21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this has to be a joke

Thrillhouse wrote:
Our QB is overrated? Have fun watching him polish his overrated rings and trophies.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were Flynn I'd sit tight. I won't be surprised if Wilson struggles once the real bullets begin to fly he'll be benched and they'll insert Flynn. I like Wilson but he didn't play all that well in Madison last season in big games = Mich St. and the Rose Bowl. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Didnt they just trade TJ for a late round pick? Flynns value is around a 4th (personal opinion). Seattle just traded TJ they're not looking to trade another back up. If Wilson doesnt wort out or gets hurt they need a backup. Theyre not going to put themselves in the same situation as we are now.

Also his contract is NOT worth it to us. We have a lot of upcoming contracts and the last thing we want is one of if not thee highest paid backup QB. I'll take Greg Jennings, Clay, Raji etc over Flynn.
Yeah good point, he would have to take a big paycut.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarroll21 wrote:
Yeah im being a bit facetious, but face it flynn doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in this league. His weak arm strength height and mobility is his handicap. that's why guys like him and Colt Mccoy will never make it as legit starters in this league. Unless they become like Brees or Chad pennington short Qbs with weak arms but deadly accurate passers.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with that contract, and he will come here with that contract in a trade.

Kind of hard to think of a player that should be more PO'ed than Flynn right now. What a kick to the nuts. His results in two real NFL starts does not overcome what that other staff has seen in three meaningless playoff games. I like Wilson a lot, and I think he has a shot to be a very good starter. It just sucks for Flynn right now, feel for the guy!!
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would he want to come back? He wants to start. That's why he left.

Angry backup in Seattle = Angry backup in Green Bay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:
Yeah im being a bit facetious, but face it flynn doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in this league. His weak arm strength height and mobility is his handicap. that's why guys like him and Colt Mccoy will never make it as legit starters in this league. Unless they become like Brees or Chad pennington short Qbs with weak arms but deadly accurate passers.

Based on? He played excellent against New England, and if I recall correctly he lit up Detroit's first team defense last year who BTW was trying very hard to win so they would NOT have to play New Orleans in round 1.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:

Based on? He played excellent against New England, and if I recall correctly he lit up Detroit's first team defense last year who BTW was trying very hard to win so they would NOT have to play New Orleans in round 1.
Because he had a couple of good games that makes him a legit starter? Granted he made the most of his opportunities here, but if you look around the league the most of your legit successful starting Qbs are bigger taller with big arms. Flynn dosen't have the prototypical size and arm strength in todays league, he'll be a good career backup imo, i could be wrong but right now i view him as Colt Mccoy 2.0
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Because he had a couple of good games that makes him a legit starter? Granted he made the most of his opportunities here, but if you look around the league the most of your legit successful starting Qbs are bigger taller with big arms. Flynn dosen't have the prototypical size and arm strength in todays league, he'll be a good career backup imo, i could be wrong but right now i view him as Colt Mccoy 2.0

But it's a big enough sample size to say he's not a starting QB in the NFL? Sounds like a double standard to me. The answer IMO is that the jury is still out. He's shown a LOT of progress since he came out of LSU, when many people didn't think he was even worthy of being a backup in the NFL. You point out the fact that Flynn isn't the prototypical quarterback, but look at the rookie quarterback that just beat out Matt Flynn for the job. Hell, he's even less of a prototypical quarterback than Matt Flynn is. Or how about that quarterback that the Saints have? He's pretty darn good. I'm not disagreeing that you should generally stick to the cookie cutter model, but there are variations to it. If it were set in stone, everyone would have franchise quarterbacks right now.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big Russell Wilson fan but may be a bigger Matt Flynn fan. I bet Wilson looked better against second and third teams most of the preseason but, seriously, Flynn not starting is more of an indicator of the incompetent Seattle staff than it is an evaluation of Matt Flynn in preseason. I guarantee Russell Wilson will struggle a lot more than Matt Flynn this year and Flynn will play more snaps than Wilson. Do the Packers miss Flynn = absolutely. Do the Packers need to hope a better option than Harrell is available at final cutdown = absolutely.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:

So you trade him in for the 5'10 Russell Wilson? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:

I don't think Flynn is too small for the position. He is the same/very similar to the size of Rodgers, Romo, and Dalton among others to have played the position. I think it is more his arm, he doesn't/hasn't shown the ability to rocket the ball and fit it into tight coverage. Personally, I think his game is more like Hasselbeck's, where he is going to be accurate on the short to medium throws and will move the chains that way. I don't see him as a deep ball guy that will stretch it vertically. If he never gets another chance at starting, which I don't believe right now is true, than like you said he would make a very good career backup and a guy that I would feel more than comfortable with behind my starter heading into a season. He has proven that he can get you through a one or two game stretch so at least you know he can get you out of the game.
svp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn needs a neck beard and a starting position in Madden.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: