Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Cuts Reply with quote

per @caplannfl

Texans made roster moves, cut of note: WR Bryant Johnson, G Kasey Studdard, , LB Omar Gaither, P Brett Hartmann, RB Davin Meggett

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cuts Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
per @caplannfl

Texans made roster moves, cut of note: WR Bryant Johnson, G Kasey Studdard, , LB Omar Gaither, P Brett Hartmann, RB Davin Meggett

Thx. I just saw that as well. Is Hartmann being cut to placed on PUP? Kuz if we are just flat out cutting the kid, I am a bit taken aback (pi$$ed)! Evil or Very Mad
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like we cut our 6th rounder Nick Mondek too. Here is the full list of cuts so far. I got it from the Texan's twitter:

Quote:
C Thomas Austin, ILB Omar Gaither, P Brett Hartmann, WR Bryant Johnson, WR Mario Louis, RB Davin Meggett, T Nick Mondek, DE Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, FB Derrell Smith, G Kasey Studdard, CB Torri Williams

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked that we cut Hartmann and Darrell Smith .... The others we nothing to be suprised about but CUTTING a draft pick MONDEK straight up new to me . I dont remember anytime doing that in the Kubiak era he must be that awful or hopefully a future practice squad member
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
I am shocked that we cut Hartmann and Darrell Smith .... The others we nothing to be suprised about but CUTTING a draft pick MONDEK straight up new to me . I dont remember anytime doing that in the Kubiak era he must be that awful or hopefully a future practice squad member

I think Mondek was almost always headed to PS.

But Hartmann and Smith are HUGE surprise cuts.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:

Probably mind games. The earlier you cut him, the less other teams will try to sign him. If he has a ton of potential but no shot of contributing, it would be smart to cut him now rather than make him look better to other teams.

Sig by matthouston91
dsorc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:

All 3 are probably headed to the PS. Hartman is not healthy yet so he's not going to get picked up

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cut Hartmann because we can't have two roster spaces occupied by punters, particularly when one can't play yet.

I'm confident we'll work Hartmann out when his suspension is lifted and if he shows no ill effects of injury or rust, we'll bring him back. I remember an interview with Marciano early in the summer in which the coach absolutely gushed about Hartmann. I can't imagine that Marciano's just going to let him go after hearing what he had to say.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm really going to miss about Hartmann is his kick-offs. But I can't remember how well Graham did on his, did he consistently kick it in the endzone in the preseason?

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
It looks like we cut our 6th rounder Nick Mondek too. Here is the full list of cuts so far. I got it from the Texan's twitter:

Quote:
C Thomas Austin, ILB Omar Gaither, P Brett Hartmann, WR Bryant Johnson, WR Mario Louis, RB Davin Meggett, T Nick Mondek, DE Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, FB Derrell Smith, G Kasey Studdard, CB Torri Williams

WHY IS ALAN BALL STILL ON THIS TEAM!?!?!?!?!?

I'm so angry I can punch a horse. Evil or Very Mad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

WHY IS ALAN BALL STILL ON THIS TEAM!?!?!?!?!?

I'm so angry I can punch a horse. Evil or Very Mad

Because we don't want any of our real secondary players playing this week. Kubiak made a comment about giving some vets a chance to show off for other teams this week and I'm betting that's all this is. The early cut of Studdard tells me that the cronyism days are behind us.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: