Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 3- Rams vs Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this team will start t click together. we still have players who are fighting for a spot on this roster meaning they are fighting for themselves at the moment. i think when we have the final roster is i place they will start to gel together knowing they will be playing with the same people every sunday. its all in the team chemistry.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to stress this last time we went through this. And again at the start of this process; Its going to take time

When we had the fluke 7 win season we all got way ahead of ourselves, and now with a great offseason we are putting the Cart before the Horse here. With this many new pieces all the way up and down the roster, they need time to become a team.

The line needs figuring out, Rok looks like he will be the LG as Ojinaka is over matched in there. And anyone saying its clear that Richardson "won" the RT job wasnt watching the other night. Smith may not be the answer this year either, but sure doesnt look like we can count on Barry.

The defense has a butt load of talent, but they are still figuring out the system, as evidence in Dallas when they werent comfortable with the Cover 2. We can complain about tackling, but its terrible across the league, you arent paying attention enough if you dont realize that.

And remember the offense runs through Steven, and without him out there, we are really easy to stop. That needs to change, but we dont have the outside weapons for Sam t even have the chance to be the Focus of the offense, nor the OL to let just the "running game" be the focus. It has to be Steven.

It will take time, the first 9 games are tough sledding. At Detroit and At Chicago arent going ot be fun, getting RGIII early is good for us, he still looks unconfortable, and although Seattle is here, I would have rather had them in the Dome later in the year. But that 3 game stretch is where we could build some momentum (v-SEA, v-ARZ, @-MIA) Unfortunately going into and coming out of the bye weeks is v-GB, v-NE(england), and @-SF. But the final 6 is where we could turn some things around just as this team is gelling, post bye week.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I tried to stress this last time we went through this. And again at the start of this process; Its going to take time

When we had the fluke 7 win season we all got way ahead of ourselves, and now with a great offseason we are putting the Cart before the Horse here. With this many new pieces all the way up and down the roster, they need time to become a team.

The line needs figuring out, Rok looks like he will be the LG as Ojinaka is over matched in there. And anyone saying its clear that Richardson "won" the RT job wasnt watching the other night. Smith may not be the answer this year either, but sure doesnt look like we can count on Barry.

The defense has a butt load of talent, but they are still figuring out the system, as evidence in Dallas when they werent comfortable with the Cover 2. We can complain about tackling, but its terrible across the league, you arent paying attention enough if you dont realize that.

And remember the offense runs through Steven, and without him out there, we are really easy to stop. That needs to change, but we dont have the outside weapons for Sam t even have the chance to be the Focus of the offense, nor the OL to let just the "running game" be the focus. It has to be Steven.

It will take time, the first 9 games are tough sledding. At Detroit and At Chicago arent going ot be fun, getting RGIII early is good for us, he still looks unconfortable, and although Seattle is here, I would have rather had them in the Dome later in the year. But that 3 game stretch is where we could build some momentum (v-SEA, v-ARZ, @-MIA) Unfortunately going into and coming out of the bye weeks is v-GB, v-NE(england), and @-SF. But the final 6 is where we could turn some things around just as this team is gelling, post bye week.

Amen! I can see where some might be overreacting and getting this notion that the team will do a big turnaround, but I think others are frustrated because they've seen this kind of play happen before and know that it's a telltale sign for a rather lackluster season, as has been the case with the exception of a couple of years. Sadly, this franchise has had one of the worst dry spells that any franchise has suffered. Fans are tired of seeing it. They want a winner NOW. They want something to cheer for rather than having to hide their heads when they go to work. I know the impatience is quite irrational but at the same time I can't really blame people too much for jumping the gun a little. It's really hard to remind someone that things get worse before they get better in these situations.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
Amen! I can see where some might be overreacting and getting this notion that the team will do a big turnaround, but I think others are frustrated because they've seen this kind of play happen before and know that it's a telltale sign for a rather lackluster season, as has been the case with the exception of a couple of years. Sadly, this franchise has had one of the worst dry spells that any franchise has suffered. Fans are tired of seeing it. They want a winner NOW. They want something to cheer for rather than having to hide their heads when they go to work. I know the impatience is quite irrational but at the same time I can't really blame people too much for jumping the gun a little. It's really hard to remind someone that things get worse before they get better in these situations.
And I think this understanding and state of mind has been what kept the main group of posters who have stuck around here sane through these past 5 years. We learned early on not to get too high or too low, and to find all the good things by sifting through all the trash.

Its not easy, but finding that mentality and those good things has kept the Rams fun and somewhat enjoyable over this misery of a half-decade.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Ramsfan28 wrote:
And I think this understanding and state of mind has been what kept the main group of posters who have stuck around here sane through these past 5 years. We learned early on not to get too high or too low, and to find all the good things by sifting through all the trash.

Its not easy, but finding that mentality and those good things has kept the Rams fun and somewhat enjoyable over this misery of a half-decade.

It's weird to think that we're veterans Shocked And that we haven't hopped on the bandwagon of another team!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Ramsfan28 wrote:

It's weird to think that we're veterans Shocked And that we haven't hopped on the bandwagon of another team!
Yea, I looked around the other day and was like "Wow, were the 'old' guys around here"

I dont think I would have ever jumped to another team, but holding onto the desire to want to keep coming back and posting on a forum about a team with 15 wins in 5 years is what Im shocked about.

I think that is just as much a testament to how fun the environment of FF is. There are so many other things it offers than just to come and talk about your team. From the major FFMD to doing your own GM drafts, or Mock drafts for 2 years in advance. All the other sports and entertainment stuff. There is alot of good stuff to keep you hooked around here.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree that things have to get worse before they get better, although that is a common course of events with rebuilding teams.

The frustration comes from watching a team you love continually suck regardless of coaching and front office changes.

The key to this season and next is the development of number 8. If he struggles mightily this year, then I agree with Blind Gopher that we should look at other QB options in the coming off season. We have the ammo to get any QB we want in the 2013 draft, so if our guy is there and Bradford hasn't improved, I'm not willing to make any more excuses for Sam.

I know he's had a tough road, with the coordinator switches, injuries, and lack of weapons, but his play has been lackluster also.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe i've watched this team for the past 12 years... Starting to make me feel old even though i'm 23... lol Anyways I saw what I expect Sam to look like this year this week. No surprise there. I did love seeing Quick's explosiveness in his 1 play lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: